They're on sale for $80 at best buy, is that a good price for these?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/28/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 2/28/11
- productShure SE215 Blacktagged by System, 3/12/11
- productShure SE215 Cleartagged by System, 3/10/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 3/4/11
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 1/27/12 at 5:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 10/16/11 at 4:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SE215 IEM Issues - Cutting out audio? Last post on 3/15/13 at 7:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help a noob out: Shure SE215 Vs. Klipsch S4i Last post on 9/29/12 at 4:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
New Shure SE215 - First Impressions - Page 68post #1006 of 12889/23/11 at 10:46am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1007 of 12889/23/11 at 10:55amQuote:
Yes thats a good price.post #1008 of 12889/23/11 at 3:48pmpost #1009 of 12889/23/11 at 4:27pm
They should fix it. Try again you might have gotten a bad person on the line.
post #1010 of 12889/23/11 at 4:37pmRaguvian said he modded the cable to make it shorter. In that case, Shure would not warrant it because in their opinion, the fact that you shortened the cable resulted in the fraying (even if it didn't). You can only claim warranty if everything is stock.post #1011 of 12889/23/11 at 5:57pm
I've had mine for almost 6 months now, and haven't had a single issue. And trust me, I abuse them. They're taken to school every single day, I leave them laying around my bed for up to 2 days at a time, and I change tips constantly so my brother can use them too. So I support the idea of the bad batch.
The sound quality is just lovely, too. At first, I was amazed at how much bass they produced, and was a bit disappointed by the highs and mids, but I feel that it has become a bit more neutral. Of course, it's still kind of bass heavy and has recessed highs, but the difference is not as noticeable now. Of course, it could just be me getting used to them, but that's what I'm hearing.
They're the best earphones I've ever owned. I enjoy everything on them. Blues, jazz, classical, metal, folk, trip-hop, house, rap. Everything sounds pretty. Not neutral, and not exceptionally detailed, but music sounds alive and fun to listen to with them. Highly recommended.post #1012 of 12889/23/11 at 8:10pmpost #1013 of 12889/23/11 at 8:15pm
If i get more then 4 months out of these i feel i got my monies worth.post #1014 of 12889/23/11 at 8:41pmQuote:
I've gotten 3 months out of each of my sets.
Shure says they will warranty the earpieces if I send those in separately, so I will get new earpieces and I'm working on getting the pins so I can DIY a cable instead.post #1015 of 12889/24/11 at 7:49pmpost #1016 of 12889/24/11 at 11:51pmpost #1017 of 12889/25/11 at 12:38amQuote:
Even if not shure has killer support. So if it comes to be replaced shure will do it.post #1018 of 12889/25/11 at 6:21amQuote:
I'm over 2 weeks with mine with no problems, there seem to be others whose sets have held up well too. I got mine without knowledge of the quality issues but in retrospect I would have bought them anyways, knowing what I know now.
Edited by Gilly87 - 9/25/11 at 6:27ampost #1019 of 12889/26/11 at 6:29am
Soooo this happened,i was in the bus and my rockboxed sansa fuze settings were NO EQ and Bass 3 Treble 2(no matter what eq i used,i just couldn't get enough bass so i did the bass and treble boost when i first used this iem)
I was just listening to some mastodon and i wondered what these phones would sound like if i didn't boost the bass or treble.After reverting them back to zero(still no eq)Bass became much(i can't emphasis ''much'' enough) better,clearer,booming and slightly thumping.Treble somehow stayed the same(still slightly recessed but clear)
Tried it with various other genres too.Still awesome bass.You have to be a basshead to complain about the bass quantity.
So i think this iem should be used with flat eq,no boost or whatsoever.(they sounded terrific with flat eq out of my brothers iphone4's 3.5 mm too) I even think that buying a low-end portable amp(like fiio e6) for this iem would be a waste of money
Edited by Hosoi - 9/26/11 at 6:30amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 1 second ago
- › Darkvoice 336 + 336i Tuberolling [ tubes ] 18 seconds ago
- › Fiio E07K Andes USB DAC/Amp like new 57 seconds ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › New Audio Technica ATH-M50x with Removable Cable 2 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 3 minutes ago
- › what amp fits the BeyerDynamic DT-770 Pro 250 Ohm best? 3 minutes ago
- › FAW Hybrid Series USB Cable - 0.5m 3 minutes ago
- › How can you tell the size of your ears for iems ? 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude