They're on sale for $80 at best buy, is that a good price for these?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/28/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 2/28/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 3/10/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 3/4/11
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure - Very Poor Customer Service in Hong Kong Last post on 8/9/12 at 3:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 1/27/12 at 5:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 10/16/11 at 4:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
New Shure SE215 - First Impressions - Page 68
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes thats a good price.
They should fix it. Try again you might have gotten a bad person on the line.
I've had mine for almost 6 months now, and haven't had a single issue. And trust me, I abuse them. They're taken to school every single day, I leave them laying around my bed for up to 2 days at a time, and I change tips constantly so my brother can use them too. So I support the idea of the bad batch.
The sound quality is just lovely, too. At first, I was amazed at how much bass they produced, and was a bit disappointed by the highs and mids, but I feel that it has become a bit more neutral. Of course, it's still kind of bass heavy and has recessed highs, but the difference is not as noticeable now. Of course, it could just be me getting used to them, but that's what I'm hearing.
They're the best earphones I've ever owned. I enjoy everything on them. Blues, jazz, classical, metal, folk, trip-hop, house, rap. Everything sounds pretty. Not neutral, and not exceptionally detailed, but music sounds alive and fun to listen to with them. Highly recommended.
If i get more then 4 months out of these i feel i got my monies worth.
I've gotten 3 months out of each of my sets.
Shure says they will warranty the earpieces if I send those in separately, so I will get new earpieces and I'm working on getting the pins so I can DIY a cable instead.
Even if not shure has killer support. So if it comes to be replaced shure will do it.
I'm over 2 weeks with mine with no problems, there seem to be others whose sets have held up well too. I got mine without knowledge of the quality issues but in retrospect I would have bought them anyways, knowing what I know now.
Edited by Gilly87 - 9/25/11 at 6:27am
Soooo this happened,i was in the bus and my rockboxed sansa fuze settings were NO EQ and Bass 3 Treble 2(no matter what eq i used,i just couldn't get enough bass so i did the bass and treble boost when i first used this iem)
I was just listening to some mastodon and i wondered what these phones would sound like if i didn't boost the bass or treble.After reverting them back to zero(still no eq)Bass became much(i can't emphasis ''much'' enough) better,clearer,booming and slightly thumping.Treble somehow stayed the same(still slightly recessed but clear)
Tried it with various other genres too.Still awesome bass.You have to be a basshead to complain about the bass quantity.
So i think this iem should be used with flat eq,no boost or whatsoever.(they sounded terrific with flat eq out of my brothers iphone4's 3.5 mm too) I even think that buying a low-end portable amp(like fiio e6) for this iem would be a waste of money
Edited by Hosoi - 9/26/11 at 6:30am
- New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › THE ACOUSTIC MUSIC THREAD just now
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 12 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 53 seconds ago
- › Takstar Hi2050 *First Impressions* 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › The Decware TABOO MK 111 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 2 minutes ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2