They're on sale for $80 at best buy, is that a good price for these?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/28/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 2/28/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 3/10/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 3/4/11
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure - Very Poor Customer Service in Hong Kong Last post on 8/9/12 at 3:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 1/27/12 at 5:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 10/16/11 at 4:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Looking at the picture of the PK3's I wasn't expecting much. They look and feel cheap using a generic case for the drivers. First I tried them without the foam covers and they sounded awful. I...
Disclaimer First of all, I would like to thank Audrey and the Brainwavz team for allowing me to review their S1 IEMs. I would also like to clarify that I am neither an affiliate of Brainwavz...
Overview The Alien is a well-priced (~$250 AUD), compact, screenless player that plays only WAV and FLAC files – no MP3, no AAC, just the two major lossless options. For some people that will...
Shure SRH840, are a value filled set of extraordinary headphones, worth every single coin you spend on it. The bass register is perfect for any genre of song you play through you...
I got the Sennheiser HD-598 based on all the existing rave reviews. It's amazingly comfortable. That's all the good I can say about it. I just hate the sound. Okay, I am no "audiophile". I am...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
New Shure SE215 - First Impressions - Page 68
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes thats a good price.
They should fix it. Try again you might have gotten a bad person on the line.
I've had mine for almost 6 months now, and haven't had a single issue. And trust me, I abuse them. They're taken to school every single day, I leave them laying around my bed for up to 2 days at a time, and I change tips constantly so my brother can use them too. So I support the idea of the bad batch.
The sound quality is just lovely, too. At first, I was amazed at how much bass they produced, and was a bit disappointed by the highs and mids, but I feel that it has become a bit more neutral. Of course, it's still kind of bass heavy and has recessed highs, but the difference is not as noticeable now. Of course, it could just be me getting used to them, but that's what I'm hearing.
They're the best earphones I've ever owned. I enjoy everything on them. Blues, jazz, classical, metal, folk, trip-hop, house, rap. Everything sounds pretty. Not neutral, and not exceptionally detailed, but music sounds alive and fun to listen to with them. Highly recommended.
If i get more then 4 months out of these i feel i got my monies worth.
I've gotten 3 months out of each of my sets.
Shure says they will warranty the earpieces if I send those in separately, so I will get new earpieces and I'm working on getting the pins so I can DIY a cable instead.
Even if not shure has killer support. So if it comes to be replaced shure will do it.
I'm over 2 weeks with mine with no problems, there seem to be others whose sets have held up well too. I got mine without knowledge of the quality issues but in retrospect I would have bought them anyways, knowing what I know now.
Edited by Gilly87 - 9/25/11 at 6:27am
Soooo this happened,i was in the bus and my rockboxed sansa fuze settings were NO EQ and Bass 3 Treble 2(no matter what eq i used,i just couldn't get enough bass so i did the bass and treble boost when i first used this iem)
I was just listening to some mastodon and i wondered what these phones would sound like if i didn't boost the bass or treble.After reverting them back to zero(still no eq)Bass became much(i can't emphasis ''much'' enough) better,clearer,booming and slightly thumping.Treble somehow stayed the same(still slightly recessed but clear)
Tried it with various other genres too.Still awesome bass.You have to be a basshead to complain about the bass quantity.
So i think this iem should be used with flat eq,no boost or whatsoever.(they sounded terrific with flat eq out of my brothers iphone4's 3.5 mm too) I even think that buying a low-end portable amp(like fiio e6) for this iem would be a waste of money
Edited by Hosoi - 9/26/11 at 6:30am
- New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 50 seconds ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 1 minute ago
- › [EU] Woo Audio WA6-SE Limited Edition maxed internals newer version... 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Cheap , decent amp for Koss Pro DJ100 2 minutes ago
- › Roll Call for Team AKG 4 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 4 minutes ago
- › Havi B6 ! 4 minutes ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › YUIN PK3 Earbuds by thebluebulk
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)