They're on sale for $80 at best buy, is that a good price for these?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/28/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 2/28/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 3/10/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 3/4/11
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure - Very Poor Customer Service in Hong Kong Last post on 8/9/12 at 3:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 1/27/12 at 5:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 10/16/11 at 4:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
Foreword As the creator of the Titan 1 thread on head-fi, I have most of the information given here placed in the thread; however, this review is a coalescing and enhancement of the various...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Master & Dynamic definitely knows how to build...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
New Shure SE215 - First Impressions - Page 68
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes thats a good price.
They should fix it. Try again you might have gotten a bad person on the line.
I've had mine for almost 6 months now, and haven't had a single issue. And trust me, I abuse them. They're taken to school every single day, I leave them laying around my bed for up to 2 days at a time, and I change tips constantly so my brother can use them too. So I support the idea of the bad batch.
The sound quality is just lovely, too. At first, I was amazed at how much bass they produced, and was a bit disappointed by the highs and mids, but I feel that it has become a bit more neutral. Of course, it's still kind of bass heavy and has recessed highs, but the difference is not as noticeable now. Of course, it could just be me getting used to them, but that's what I'm hearing.
They're the best earphones I've ever owned. I enjoy everything on them. Blues, jazz, classical, metal, folk, trip-hop, house, rap. Everything sounds pretty. Not neutral, and not exceptionally detailed, but music sounds alive and fun to listen to with them. Highly recommended.
If i get more then 4 months out of these i feel i got my monies worth.
I've gotten 3 months out of each of my sets.
Shure says they will warranty the earpieces if I send those in separately, so I will get new earpieces and I'm working on getting the pins so I can DIY a cable instead.
Even if not shure has killer support. So if it comes to be replaced shure will do it.
I'm over 2 weeks with mine with no problems, there seem to be others whose sets have held up well too. I got mine without knowledge of the quality issues but in retrospect I would have bought them anyways, knowing what I know now.
Edited by Gilly87 - 9/25/11 at 6:27am
Soooo this happened,i was in the bus and my rockboxed sansa fuze settings were NO EQ and Bass 3 Treble 2(no matter what eq i used,i just couldn't get enough bass so i did the bass and treble boost when i first used this iem)
I was just listening to some mastodon and i wondered what these phones would sound like if i didn't boost the bass or treble.After reverting them back to zero(still no eq)Bass became much(i can't emphasis ''much'' enough) better,clearer,booming and slightly thumping.Treble somehow stayed the same(still slightly recessed but clear)
Tried it with various other genres too.Still awesome bass.You have to be a basshead to complain about the bass quantity.
So i think this iem should be used with flat eq,no boost or whatsoever.(they sounded terrific with flat eq out of my brothers iphone4's 3.5 mm too) I even think that buying a low-end portable amp(like fiio e6) for this iem would be a waste of money
Edited by Hosoi - 9/26/11 at 6:30am
- New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 26 seconds ago
- › How to organize your own meet - General advice thread 28 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 4 minutes ago
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3