I love just about everything about PRO 900 except one thing. The padding on top is pretty narrow. Although it may work fine with a person with a flat head, I happen to have a pointy top and the contact area is even small which increases the pressure between the pad and the top of my head. After about an hour of wearing them the contact area gets numb and it becomes uncomfortable.
After reviewing various headphones I've decided build my own suspender. I chose the suspender over additional pads due to simple installation and reversibility (as in no harm done when you don't want to use it anymore!)
The concept is pretty simple and it works quite well. I haven't had time to put more than 1/2 hour yet but when I get to work I should be able to put longer than an hour and see how it performs. Initial impression is pretty good, however.
I went down to Hancock Fabrics and bought some fake leather fabric. It feels like suede on one side and has a gray cloth back. I glued two layers of the fabric together so it provides thickness and makes it look nicer (make sure the glue dries completely before cutting and adding snaps otherwise things can slip and slide). I then created a template, printed on paper, lightly glued on the fabric and cut it. I also bought some snaps. Total was $7.19.
I am sure you can use other materials. If you use thinner or thicker materials you will need to adjust the distance between the snaps so it snaps tight around the headband.
After that, just put it on, snap, and voila!
I know it's not the prettiest thing but it doesn't look hokey and work quite well. Best of all, it doesn't modify your headphones in anyway so you can also reverse it back.
It seems a bit taut in the photo but when I wear them there's enough space for one thumb between the suspender and the pad. I suppose that can be adjusted by lengthening the middle part. Also, by adjusting the distance between the snaps and the total length, this could work for any headphones that have similar headband as PRO 900.
You can add a thin layer of padding in the mid part and saw the two layers up for improved comfort.
If anyone's interested I can post the template I created which can be used as basis to fit your own sets.
Hope you enjoyed it. This was my weekend project :)