I have never been too smart in the headphone arena but I am currently looking for headphones around the $100-200, I am a college student so I need to have something that can block out surrounding noises when I am using them, I had a pair of Bose Ae2's but somehow they got stolen and there are tons of people with the same kind. I would like to stay away from getting Bose's. Any advice???
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/11
- productBose®AE2 audio headphonestagged by System, 2/28/11
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 2/28/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/28/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/28/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 2/28/11
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/11
- productSennheiser HD448 Around the Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/11
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 2/28/11More
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 2/28/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 2/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- Good closed back headphones Last post on 5/18/11 at 6:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Headphone Recommendations Last post on 4/19/11 at 2:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for closed Headphones in The Netherlands - Budget is anywhere from 80-200 Euro's Last post on 10/6/11 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good iPod HeadPhones without AMP (SHR840 maybe) Last post on 8/23/11 at 10:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/14/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These were my first pair of cans that I consider my baptism of audiophile stuff. I used them with Fiio E10 as dac and Schiit Asgard as amp. Yes, they sounded good, but not as good as my...
The joys of reviewing a favorite product have eluded yours truly, until the T20 from RHA (Reid & Heath Acoustics) came along, supplied for review by my good friends at Headphone Zone...
A few years back, my family and I underwent a rather large home renovation (including not having a kitchen for 10 weeks; suffice it to say I was sick of take-out food after the summer of 2014). As...
INTRO I purchased these headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and also I wanted to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to headphones...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
Advice on headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 82/27/11 at 6:00pm
Well then, you've come to the right place! And away we go:
Sennheiser HD448, HD25-1, HD280PRO
Shure SRH440, SRH840
Ultrasone HFi-580, HFi-780post #3 of 82/27/11 at 6:13pmpost #4 of 82/27/11 at 6:13pmThread Starterpost #5 of 82/27/11 at 6:35pm
Some brick and mortar stores have them, like Guitarcenter for example. To get the best possible price though, your best bet is purchasing online. I use Amazon, great shipping options, excellent customer service, truly one of the best online retailers to do business with. There are others like B&H, J&R, Futureshop, etc., so you can shop around to find the best price. Just make sure if you do buy online that you purchase from an authorized dealer so you can get full warranty coverage.post #6 of 82/28/11 at 11:15amThread Starterpost #7 of 82/28/11 at 12:54pmpost #8 of 82/28/11 at 3:31pm
- Advice on headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › New UK Head-fi'er. 3 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) 5 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 6 minutes ago
- › Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 8 minutes ago
- › KS Projects X5 modified 9 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 9 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 9 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 10 minutes ago
- › Upgrading to good speakers. Please help newbie to understand a... 11 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3