I have never been too smart in the headphone arena but I am currently looking for headphones around the $100-200, I am a college student so I need to have something that can block out surrounding noises when I am using them, I had a pair of Bose Ae2's but somehow they got stolen and there are tons of people with the same kind. I would like to stay away from getting Bose's. Any advice???
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/11
- productBose®AE2 audio headphonestagged by System, 2/28/11
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 2/28/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/28/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/28/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 2/28/11
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/11
- productSennheiser HD448 Around the Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/11
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 2/28/11More
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 2/28/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 2/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- Good closed back headphones Last post on 5/18/11 at 6:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Headphone Recommendations Last post on 4/19/11 at 2:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for closed Headphones in The Netherlands - Budget is anywhere from 80-200 Euro's Last post on 10/6/11 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good iPod HeadPhones without AMP (SHR840 maybe) Last post on 8/23/11 at 10:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Have you ever felt like the spark that used to be there just vanished? That the world, once bright and colorful became bland and dull over time? That you no longer feel the joy, the excitement and...
Work in progress. I need to practice my English a bit...
Heard these with Chord Hugo and boy oh boy was I unimpressed... These are not worth anywhere their price point where their sound is concerned. Decently comfortable though. (The sound signature...
I decided to write a short review after buying the second pair today. The first pair was damaged by a clumsy flight attendant and her heavy trolley... Although I was super happy with the E700M...
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
Advice on headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 82/27/11 at 6:00pm
Well then, you've come to the right place! And away we go:
Sennheiser HD448, HD25-1, HD280PRO
Shure SRH440, SRH840
Ultrasone HFi-580, HFi-780post #3 of 82/27/11 at 6:13pmpost #4 of 82/27/11 at 6:13pmThread Starterpost #5 of 82/27/11 at 6:35pm
Some brick and mortar stores have them, like Guitarcenter for example. To get the best possible price though, your best bet is purchasing online. I use Amazon, great shipping options, excellent customer service, truly one of the best online retailers to do business with. There are others like B&H, J&R, Futureshop, etc., so you can shop around to find the best price. Just make sure if you do buy online that you purchase from an authorized dealer so you can get full warranty coverage.post #6 of 82/28/11 at 11:15amThread Starterpost #7 of 82/28/11 at 12:54pmpost #8 of 82/28/11 at 3:31pm
- Advice on headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 5 seconds ago
- › Shanling M5 Impressions & Discussion Thread 9 seconds ago
- › Portable tube amp from china? 30 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 2 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 Over Ear Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › ≼''''(+91-9001268149)''''''≽Delhi<>Pune<> Love Marriage Specialist... 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line... 4 minutes ago
- › Blue Circle ELD-BD modded for headphones advice please 5 minutes ago
- › ≼''''(+91-9001268149)''''''≽LoveMarriageSpecialistBabaji IN London 6 minutes ago
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear