I have never been too smart in the headphone arena but I am currently looking for headphones around the $100-200, I am a college student so I need to have something that can block out surrounding noises when I am using them, I had a pair of Bose Ae2's but somehow they got stolen and there are tons of people with the same kind. I would like to stay away from getting Bose's. Any advice???
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/11
- productBose®AE2 audio headphonestagged by System, 2/28/11
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 2/28/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/28/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/28/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 2/28/11
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/11
- productSennheiser HD448 Around the Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/11
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 2/28/11More
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 2/28/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 2/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- Good closed back headphones Last post on 5/18/11 at 6:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Headphone Recommendations Last post on 4/19/11 at 2:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for closed Headphones in The Netherlands - Budget is anywhere from 80-200 Euro's Last post on 10/6/11 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good iPod HeadPhones without AMP (SHR840 maybe) Last post on 8/23/11 at 10:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I’ll be honest. When I was offered a review unit of the Turbines, I was not really looking forward to reviewing them. The CGI render of the Turbines that Ghostek commonly uses for promotion...
Review: Cleer DU High Definition Dual-Driver Headphone Introduction It was a brisk day in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I attended AXPONA, which is the Audio Expo North...
The ED9 is overall a good and very funny iem from China. build + design: The metal housing shows confidence and it looks like it won't break for a long time. I did like the looks...
(Player: Cowon Plenue D ; Earphone: JH5) Before I start, I must say that this was not the beginning of my experience with the brand cables. I own the Ares cable also (first model) and make...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Firstly I want to thank a local NZ Head-Fier (AudioDHD) for allowing me to spend some time...
Advice on headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 82/27/11 at 6:00pm
Well then, you've come to the right place! And away we go:
Sennheiser HD448, HD25-1, HD280PRO
Shure SRH440, SRH840
Ultrasone HFi-580, HFi-780post #3 of 82/27/11 at 6:13pmpost #4 of 82/27/11 at 6:13pmThread Starterpost #5 of 82/27/11 at 6:35pm
Some brick and mortar stores have them, like Guitarcenter for example. To get the best possible price though, your best bet is purchasing online. I use Amazon, great shipping options, excellent customer service, truly one of the best online retailers to do business with. There are others like B&H, J&R, Futureshop, etc., so you can shop around to find the best price. Just make sure if you do buy online that you purchase from an authorized dealer so you can get full warranty coverage.post #6 of 82/28/11 at 11:15amThread Starterpost #7 of 82/28/11 at 12:54pmpost #8 of 82/28/11 at 3:31pm
- Advice on headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 1 minute ago
- › Headphone amp recommendation that supports balanced operations and... 2 minutes ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 3 minutes ago
- › Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp Review: First Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Wired 3.5MM Headphones Earphones, Ghostek® Turbine Series Wired... by Cinder
- › Cleer DU High-Definition Dual Driver Headphone by moedawg140
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by thingol
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...