I have never been too smart in the headphone arena but I am currently looking for headphones around the $100-200, I am a college student so I need to have something that can block out surrounding noises when I am using them, I had a pair of Bose Ae2's but somehow they got stolen and there are tons of people with the same kind. I would like to stay away from getting Bose's. Any advice???
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/11
- productBose®AE2 audio headphonestagged by System, 2/28/11
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 2/28/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/28/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/28/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 2/28/11
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/11
- productSennheiser HD448 Around the Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/11
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 2/28/11More
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 2/28/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 2/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- Good closed back headphones Last post on 5/18/11 at 6:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Headphone Recommendations Last post on 4/19/11 at 2:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for closed Headphones in The Netherlands - Budget is anywhere from 80-200 Euro's Last post on 10/6/11 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good iPod HeadPhones without AMP (SHR840 maybe) Last post on 8/23/11 at 10:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
HiFiMAN RE-00 Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/823483/hifiman-re-00-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: OMFG...
This review won't be too detailed, just a vote of respect for such a fine pair of headphones. I tend to like warm toned headphones, rather than purely neutral sets, and the Philips Fidelio X2 has...
The NAD VISO HP50 could have been a truly outstanding headphone. They produced a set with great sound, with a marvelous midrange, bass when it is called for in the music and highs that do not...
Philips SHP8000 40mm Dynamic Semi Open Full-size Headphones 10/21/2016 This ends up being an import only, semi-open, full-size around-ear headphone, priced at about $80.00...
Advice on headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 82/27/11 at 6:00pm
Well then, you've come to the right place! And away we go:
Sennheiser HD448, HD25-1, HD280PRO
Shure SRH440, SRH840
Ultrasone HFi-580, HFi-780post #3 of 82/27/11 at 6:13pmpost #4 of 82/27/11 at 6:13pmThread Starterpost #5 of 82/27/11 at 6:35pm
Some brick and mortar stores have them, like Guitarcenter for example. To get the best possible price though, your best bet is purchasing online. I use Amazon, great shipping options, excellent customer service, truly one of the best online retailers to do business with. There are others like B&H, J&R, Futureshop, etc., so you can shop around to find the best price. Just make sure if you do buy online that you purchase from an authorized dealer so you can get full warranty coverage.post #6 of 82/28/11 at 11:15amThread Starterpost #7 of 82/28/11 at 12:54pmpost #8 of 82/28/11 at 3:31pm
- Advice on headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 52 seconds ago
- › Google Pixel (Phone & Audio Quality) 1 minute ago
- › Introducing the new Continental V5 portable tube amp 1 minute ago
- › HEKv2 UPGRADE PROGRAM BUYER BEWARE (NEW THREAD IMPORTANT) PROGRAM... 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 1 minute ago
- › Out Of Your Head - new virtual surround simulator 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO releases the new amplifier A5 that strives for perfection 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet, 6th Edition -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2016 (October... 3 minutes ago
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone by InternPrimas
- › Panasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitor by Kerry56
- › Chord&Major 01'16 Electric Tonal Earphone by Cinder
- › Cowon PM2-128SL Plenue M2 PM2 High Resolution Music Player 128GB... by twister6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...