- 3 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/1/11
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 3/1/11
Related Forum Threads
- Make Any HeadRoom Purchase until Dec.20, Get Entered for FREE Shure SE535!! Last post on 12/5/12 at 2:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 11/22/13 at 3:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help choosing an IEM Last post on 10/29/12 at 5:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Journey to find the BEST UNIVERSAL IEM Last post on 10/15/12 at 4:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
Shure se535 with Ipod Touch 2G EQ issues?post #1 of 52/26/11 at 4:44amThread StarterHi there, Im relatively new to the audio scene but just acquired a pair of SE535s a month ago. It sounds great when plugged into my macbook pro when running itunes with eq turned on to emphasize music. When i run the SE535s on my ipod touch 2g, it sounds decent until i turn on the EQ. Once that occurs the sound turns soft and recessed all across the board. My question is whether this is normal? Is this an inherent problem with the Ipod touch where it may not have enough power to run the SE535s properly and requires a portable amp or is there another explanation for what im hearing? I was previously using the senheieser IE8s prior to their demise at the paws of my puppy, but from my time with the IE8s, the touch i had never had EQ issues with these. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. thx
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 52/26/11 at 5:56ampost #3 of 52/26/11 at 6:05amThread Starter
Heya, thx for the reply.
Although they sound decent, the sound just doesnt sound like they have as much impact as from my macbook pro. So i was hoping the EQ on the touch could produce more impact for some forms of music. Paid a fair bit for the SE535s would kinda like to get more sound out of them from the touch or is that not possible?
Atm the sound coming out from the touch sounds quite flat and at times very sterile where as on the macbook pro, with eq off on itunes the music output on the se535s have a very impressive emphasis on vocals and stronger bass.post #4 of 52/26/11 at 2:48pm
To be honest I don't have much experience with the itouch, the only thing i can suggest is to check the EQ and to adjust the bars as they might be set too low? that's just a guess from me, but i suppose every little helpspost #5 of 52/28/11 at 12:24pm
infact I also noticed the issue with the ipods....( i use my iphone 4 wiz my se535). I simply just find that the ipods/phones r not powerful enough to keep 535 running at best and the EQ presets in the iphone 4 just doesn't do the trick.....Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure se535 with Ipod Touch 2G EQ issues?
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 44 seconds ago
- › ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod 1 minute ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Appreciation Thread!! 2 minutes ago
- › The Apple diyMod: My Take on the Famous iMod [56k killer] Featuring... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 3 minutes ago
- › Commodore 64 music - binaural mix 3 minutes ago
- › FS/FT: Westone 4 Hard-Wired with DHC Litz Nucleotide Cable (4-pin... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude