Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon DN-HP700 Review and comparison to the AH-D7000
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon DN-HP700 Review and comparison to the AH-D7000 - Page 30

post #436 of 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post


Thanks for that. I just want a pair of cheap fun closed cans for when I cant listen to my LCDs and these sound like the ticket. Do they isolate well both external noise and leakage wise?

 Your welcome.

 

They isolate decently, of course much better then the LCD-2's.  They are just very uncomfortable, the stock pads are horrible .

post #437 of 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless1 View Post

 Your welcome.

They isolate decently, of course much better then the LCD-2's.  They are just very uncomfortable, the stock pads are horrible .

Ive got pretty small ears so hopefully theyll be circumaural for me. What pads do you recommend swapping to?
post #438 of 450
Has anyone compared these to the JVC HA S500Z?
post #439 of 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post

Ive got pretty small ears so hopefully theyll be circumaural for me. What pads do you recommend swapping to?
I reccomend the zomo velour/pleather pads because they increase sound quality overall and are wayyyy more comfy
post #440 of 450
Also I have an appreciation thread for these cans so please go over there and discuss this stuff guys
http://www.head-fi.org/t/671726/denon-dn-hp700-appreciation-thread-post-mods-and-or-pics-if-you-got-any/0_30
post #441 of 450
Love it when a headphone finally gets some praise. another set of cans that just faded away. D7000 on the cheap.
Same freaking drivers inside the things. My pick in the $120 range for sure.
And yes on the zomo pads
post #442 of 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicman74 View Post

Love it when a headphone finally gets some praise. another set of cans that just faded away. D7000 on the cheap.
Same freaking drivers inside the things. My pick in the $120 range for sure.
And yes on the zomo pads

Can you please tell us the exact model of Zomo pads you have used with the HP700? And where you got them?

Also have you notice a sound signature change with the Zomo pads?

Many thanks.
Edited by Twinster - 9/3/13 at 6:00pm
post #443 of 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinster View Post

Can you please tell us the exact model of Zomo pads you have used with the HP700? And where you got them?

Also have you notice a sound signature change with the Zomo pads?

Many thanks.
Remember they are not cheap, you might be able to score them for $30 if you look around.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MDRV-PURPLE-VELOUR-EARPAD-PAIR-FITS-ALLEN-HEATH-XONE-XD-53-XD2-53-XD253-EAR-PAD-/221193418193?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item338027b5d1
post #444 of 450

I would love for these to have better subbass extension, these are more midbass focused and the midbass isn't either overly emphasized but it's a bit emphasized versus the rest of the range still so the bass is fast and detailed and won't affect the mids and highs.

The soundstage has to be the best on-ear soundstage I've experienced, pretty wide, a bit more oval shaped perhaps but it's tastefully done, it sounds better than several over-ears I've tested, it's the soundstage I wish my Q40 had, which is noticeably more narrow.

The HP700 despite a reasonably large spaced soundstage is still pretty much "in-your-face", it's not those relaxed "5-7th row" listening experiences but more like first row so the vocals especially appear very up-front, the mids are neutral or slightly forward and the highs are on a pretty similar level, there's a slight spike there around 8-10kHz or so like typically is the case but nothing too extreem, otherwise it's just about right to my ears in comparision to mids.

I'd describe it was wide sounding but upfront, engaging, punchy fast bass without that much meat. Clear sounding and pretty high resolution, pretty neutral tonality (ever so slight tilt towards the bright side) without having any noticeable recession in the midrange (maybe ever so slight in the lower-mids).


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 9/4/13 at 3:31am
post #445 of 450

So I just felt like bumping up the thread due to goldenears finally measured these now:

 

http://en.goldenears.net/25623

 

Indeed very greatly measuring pair of headphones for the price but as seen on the FR graph my biggest gripe as a bass afficionado, the bass just doesn't extend deep enough, shame.

post #446 of 450
Thread Starter 

I haven't posted in this thread for ever but thought I would mention I tried putting on the pads from my K545 on a pair of HP700 one of my coworkers own and they fit like a glove and greatly increased the comfort, isolation, and sound. Not sure if AKG will ever make the pads available to buy but if they do they are the perfect upgrade for the HP700.

post #447 of 450
SO i bought a pair of HP700 and tried some 192/24 FLACs and regular 256Kbps MP3s through my FiiO X3 and they don't sound anything even like a D5000! I burn them in for couple of hours and tried again but still no D5000/D7000 sound - what am i missing? Thought FiiO X3 is decent enough player and also has a better amp for hard to drive headphones - though these probably don't need too much power to drive.

Or maybe th new batch of these no longer use older drivers? I read in this thread that they had same drivers as D7000 but those were Fostex components and Denon no longer uses Fostex so maybe they were forced to use different drivers in the new batches?
Edited by MEJazz - 1/18/14 at 2:05am
post #448 of 450

Can you send in some pics. of the drivers?

post #449 of 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEJazz View Post

SO i bought a pair of HP700 and tried some 192/24 FLACs and regular 256Kbps MP3s through my FiiO X3 and they don't sound anything even like a D5000! I burn them in for couple of hours and tried again but still no D5000/D7000 sound - what am i missing? Thought FiiO X3 is decent enough player and also has a better amp for hard to drive headphones - though these probably don't need too much power to drive.

Or maybe th new batch of these no longer use older drivers? I read in this thread that they had same drivers as D7000 but those were Fostex components and Denon no longer uses Fostex so maybe they were forced to use different drivers in the new batches?


They are not the same drivers. Never were.

post #450 of 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless1 View Post
 


They are not the same drivers. Never were.

 

I said that after reading post #441 above by Magicman74

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon DN-HP700 Review and comparison to the AH-D7000