Just bought ps3 today. I use the headphone jack from hdmi, ps3 seems to have very good dac. all the music stream from my laptop sounds much better than my laptop headphone jack. can't wait for some further testing with high quality CD play directly from ps3.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How long do headphone cables last? Last post on 9/29/13 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 1:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50 needs Replacement Cables - Anyone in Bellingham? Last post on 1/6/12 at 2:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50 Coiled or Straight Cable? Last post on 10/11/11 at 5:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for Metal/Rock Last post on 9/9/11 at 3:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
(PS: Some content here may be a no-brainer for most but is just there for the less-informed). Please also ignore any errors, judgements. I'm a medio-phile and not an audiophile so, judge...
Looking for earbuds can be kind of a nightmare. So many players in the game, so much variety in terms of sound, design, features, and price. I don't want to spend a lot of money since they're used...
I've been into vinyl previously but in the mid-90's, sold my high end VPI table and never looked back. I ended up recently with a bunch of new records and nothing to play them on, and decided to...
About Me: I prefer IEMs over full size because of portability and comfort, though I have owned and own a a couple full size cans. I am a 29 year old music lover, i listen to all genres from R&B to...
PS3 is very strong amp and dac. drive my m50 to crazy volumn.post #1 of 382/25/11 at 10:37amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 382/25/11 at 11:23ampost #3 of 382/25/11 at 11:29amQuote:
I think he is referring to something like this, hdmi cord with audio jack adapter.post #4 of 382/25/11 at 2:57pmpost #5 of 382/25/11 at 5:08pmpost #6 of 382/25/11 at 7:40pmThread Starterpost #7 of 382/25/11 at 7:43pmpost #8 of 382/25/11 at 7:53pm
Exactly then you are enjoying your monitors amp/DAC. Which monitor/TV are you using?post #9 of 382/25/11 at 7:54pmThread Starterpost #10 of 382/25/11 at 7:55pmpost #11 of 382/25/11 at 7:58pmpost #12 of 382/25/11 at 7:58pmThread Starterpost #13 of 382/25/11 at 8:03pmpost #14 of 382/25/11 at 8:05pm
You would also think that someone making statements, such as yourself, would know that post count is not an intelligence meter. Roflpost #15 of 382/25/11 at 8:34pmQuote:
I' ve never seen a headphone jack from a tv set. Most current Tvs have 3 to 4 HDMI input ports and and one Optical ouptut for audio output / or one HDMI ouput. I do not see how you connect your cans to these output.
If you use the HDMI ouput of the PS3 then the D/A conversion has nothing to do with the PS3 dacs. HDMI send only digital signals out to your Tv set in binary coding 00s/01s then your TV dacs will convert the digital signals back to analogue so human ears can hear.
You confuse the hell out of me.
- PS3 is very strong amp and dac. drive my m50 to crazy volumn.
- Hi End Cables
- › Earbuds Round-Up 30 seconds ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 38 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 41 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › FS: Shure SE846 IEM 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Live Chess! 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by 93EXCivic
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...