Just bought ps3 today. I use the headphone jack from hdmi, ps3 seems to have very good dac. all the music stream from my laptop sounds much better than my laptop headphone jack. can't wait for some further testing with high quality CD play directly from ps3.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How long do headphone cables last? Last post on 9/29/13 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 1:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50 needs Replacement Cables - Anyone in Bellingham? Last post on 1/6/12 at 2:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50 Coiled or Straight Cable? Last post on 10/11/11 at 5:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for Metal/Rock Last post on 9/9/11 at 3:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
So I got these real cheap, I thought what the heck for $15 I can't go wrong.....I was wrong. Well they are listenable, I hardly call them a gaming headphone besides the mic built in, explosions...
Well I only had it for a week now and being listening to it about 3-5 hours a day even before I go to bed yes this is how good it is to me. My only other DAP's I have it to compare to are the DX50...
When I listen to these Headphones I always think to Polygamy. That is because I am already in love for another Headphone but I am also attracted by these Liberate. They are not exactly my kind...
I actually have, believe it or not, two sets of the A8 earphones. I bought the first one at a B&O store; someone bought a car and the earphones came as a gift. He didn't care for them, so he gave...
I have tested all JBL BT Headphones. I am not even sure why. These are the ONLY one which is worth considering if you look for a good sound. But NOT for the actual price of $270, EVER. They...
PS3 is very strong amp and dac. drive my m50 to crazy volumn.post #1 of 382/25/11 at 10:37amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 382/25/11 at 11:23ampost #3 of 382/25/11 at 11:29amQuote:
I think he is referring to something like this, hdmi cord with audio jack adapter.post #4 of 382/25/11 at 2:57pmpost #5 of 382/25/11 at 5:08pmpost #6 of 382/25/11 at 7:40pmThread Starterpost #7 of 382/25/11 at 7:43pmpost #8 of 382/25/11 at 7:53pm
Exactly then you are enjoying your monitors amp/DAC. Which monitor/TV are you using?post #9 of 382/25/11 at 7:54pmThread Starterpost #10 of 382/25/11 at 7:55pmpost #11 of 382/25/11 at 7:58pmpost #12 of 382/25/11 at 7:58pmThread Starterpost #13 of 382/25/11 at 8:03pmpost #14 of 382/25/11 at 8:05pm
You would also think that someone making statements, such as yourself, would know that post count is not an intelligence meter. Roflpost #15 of 382/25/11 at 8:34pmQuote:
I' ve never seen a headphone jack from a tv set. Most current Tvs have 3 to 4 HDMI input ports and and one Optical ouptut for audio output / or one HDMI ouput. I do not see how you connect your cans to these output.
If you use the HDMI ouput of the PS3 then the D/A conversion has nothing to do with the PS3 dacs. HDMI send only digital signals out to your Tv set in binary coding 00s/01s then your TV dacs will convert the digital signals back to analogue so human ears can hear.
You confuse the hell out of me.
- PS3 is very strong amp and dac. drive my m50 to crazy volumn.
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 11 seconds ago
- › Headphones for the Holidays Bundle Deal - Geek Pulse + Audeze &... 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Geek HPA by LH Labs 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 firmware version 1.10 download and discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 3 minutes ago
- › Millett "Starving Student" hybrid amp 3 minutes ago
- › Poll: Would you buy the pictured amp stand from Oppo for an... 4 minutes ago
- › Yamamah eph 100 vs shure se 215 vs hifiman re100 vs RHA 750i for... 5 minutes ago
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)