Just bought ps3 today. I use the headphone jack from hdmi, ps3 seems to have very good dac. all the music stream from my laptop sounds much better than my laptop headphone jack. can't wait for some further testing with high quality CD play directly from ps3.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How long do headphone cables last? Last post on 9/29/13 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 1:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50 needs Replacement Cables - Anyone in Bellingham? Last post on 1/6/12 at 2:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50 Coiled or Straight Cable? Last post on 10/11/11 at 5:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for Metal/Rock Last post on 9/9/11 at 3:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've owned this for about 6 months when I bought it direct from China. As a 68 year old it took me back to a time when I used to go to live concerts. But there were hidden costs involved. Firstly...
I`ve had the ATH-A900 LTD in 10 years and they still play very well indeed! I checked out the sound quality this week against the best they had in our local hi-fi store and the ones I heard wasn`t...
BRIEF SUMMARY The HD800 has always been my goal ever since I started on my audio journey 5 years ago, but I was into portable audio back then and the price of the HD800 were fairly expensive so...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
First of all I’d like to thank LZ and Lao for sending me a review sample of the LZ A2S. I'd also want to thank my friend Tamal for informing me about the LZ A2S, thanks mate! The retail price of...
PS3 is very strong amp and dac. drive my m50 to crazy volumn.post #1 of 382/25/11 at 10:37amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 382/25/11 at 11:23ampost #3 of 382/25/11 at 11:29amQuote:
I think he is referring to something like this, hdmi cord with audio jack adapter.post #4 of 382/25/11 at 2:57pmpost #5 of 382/25/11 at 5:08pmpost #6 of 382/25/11 at 7:40pmThread Starterpost #7 of 382/25/11 at 7:43pmpost #8 of 382/25/11 at 7:53pm
Exactly then you are enjoying your monitors amp/DAC. Which monitor/TV are you using?post #9 of 382/25/11 at 7:54pmThread Starterpost #10 of 382/25/11 at 7:55pmpost #11 of 382/25/11 at 7:58pmpost #12 of 382/25/11 at 7:58pmThread Starterpost #13 of 382/25/11 at 8:03pmpost #14 of 382/25/11 at 8:05pm
You would also think that someone making statements, such as yourself, would know that post count is not an intelligence meter. Roflpost #15 of 382/25/11 at 8:34pmQuote:
I' ve never seen a headphone jack from a tv set. Most current Tvs have 3 to 4 HDMI input ports and and one Optical ouptut for audio output / or one HDMI ouput. I do not see how you connect your cans to these output.
If you use the HDMI ouput of the PS3 then the D/A conversion has nothing to do with the PS3 dacs. HDMI send only digital signals out to your Tv set in binary coding 00s/01s then your TV dacs will convert the digital signals back to analogue so human ears can hear.
You confuse the hell out of me.
- PS3 is very strong amp and dac. drive my m50 to crazy volumn.
- Hi End Cables
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload ! 22 seconds ago
- › iFi Launch Competition - What the $^&# heck is it? 50 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 4 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics VE Zen 2.0 impressions and discussion thread 9 minutes ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 9 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 11 minutes ago
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...