Just bought ps3 today. I use the headphone jack from hdmi, ps3 seems to have very good dac. all the music stream from my laptop sounds much better than my laptop headphone jack. can't wait for some further testing with high quality CD play directly from ps3.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Portable Headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 1:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50 needs Replacement Cables - Anyone in Bellingham? Last post on 1/6/12 at 2:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50 Coiled or Straight Cable? Last post on 10/11/11 at 5:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for Metal/Rock Last post on 9/9/11 at 3:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure 750DJ (180$) vs ATH-M50 (238$) Last post on 9/12/11 at 12:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
PS3 is very strong amp and dac. drive my m50 to crazy volumn.post #1 of 382/25/11 at 10:37amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 382/25/11 at 11:23ampost #3 of 382/25/11 at 11:29amQuote:
I think he is referring to something like this, hdmi cord with audio jack adapter.post #4 of 382/25/11 at 2:57pmpost #5 of 382/25/11 at 5:08pmpost #6 of 382/25/11 at 7:40pmThread Starterpost #7 of 382/25/11 at 7:43pmpost #8 of 382/25/11 at 7:53pm
Exactly then you are enjoying your monitors amp/DAC. Which monitor/TV are you using?post #9 of 382/25/11 at 7:54pmThread Starterpost #10 of 382/25/11 at 7:55pmpost #11 of 382/25/11 at 7:58pmpost #12 of 382/25/11 at 7:58pmThread Starterpost #13 of 382/25/11 at 8:03pmpost #14 of 382/25/11 at 8:05pm
You would also think that someone making statements, such as yourself, would know that post count is not an intelligence meter. Roflpost #15 of 382/25/11 at 8:34pmQuote:
I' ve never seen a headphone jack from a tv set. Most current Tvs have 3 to 4 HDMI input ports and and one Optical ouptut for audio output / or one HDMI ouput. I do not see how you connect your cans to these output.
If you use the HDMI ouput of the PS3 then the D/A conversion has nothing to do with the PS3 dacs. HDMI send only digital signals out to your Tv set in binary coding 00s/01s then your TV dacs will convert the digital signals back to analogue so human ears can hear.
You confuse the hell out of me.
- PS3 is very strong amp and dac. drive my m50 to crazy volumn.
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 42 seconds ago
- › ALO The Pan Am - The tube rolling thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › FS: New Rhapsodio Westone 6-core Mono Crystal Copper IEM cable... 2 minutes ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 5 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)