Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › PS3 is very strong amp and dac. drive my m50 to crazy volumn.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PS3 is very strong amp and dac. drive my m50 to crazy volumn.

post #1 of 38
Thread Starter 

Just bought ps3 today. I use the headphone jack from hdmi, ps3 seems to have very good dac. all the music stream from my laptop sounds much better than my laptop headphone jack. can't wait for some further testing with high quality CD play directly from ps3.

post #2 of 38

I'm a little confused what headphone jack are you using the one on your tv? I didn't think there was one on the PS3?

post #3 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by automiketic View Post

I'm a little confused what headphone jack are you using the one on your tv? I didn't think there was one on the PS3?



 I think he is referring to something like this, hdmi cord with audio jack adapter.

XBox%20RCA%20Adapter.jpg

post #4 of 38

That cable is for xbox 360 ^^

post #5 of 38

yeah i was gonna say thats a 360 cable I have yet to see anything yet for the ps3 resembling that

post #6 of 38
Thread Starter 

nah, the headphone jack from my monitor which has a hdmi port. 

post #7 of 38

^ LOL what? That's using the T.V. Amp/DAC.

post #8 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziweiwu View Post

nah, the headphone jack from my monitor which has a hdmi port. 


 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mdraluck23 View Post

^ LOL what? That's using the T.V. Amp/DAC.

 


Exactly then you are enjoying your monitors amp/DAC. Which monitor/TV are you using?

post #9 of 38
Thread Starter 

 asus ve247 , i got it just for ps3

post #10 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdraluck23 View Post

^ LOL what? That's using the T.V. Amp/DAC.



Right!

So you think your TV sound better than your laptop? What laptop are you using?

post #11 of 38

200 posts and you think youre using ps3 amp dac? lol wow

post #12 of 38
Thread Starter 

my laptop is acer timeline 3820tg

post #13 of 38

thank you i have been looking for a replacement monitor and this looks like a decent choice.

post #14 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul05 View Post

200 posts and you think youre using ps3 amp dac? lol wow



You would also think that someone making statements, such as yourself, would know that post count is not an intelligence meter. Rofl

post #15 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziweiwu View Post

Just bought ps3 today. I use the headphone jack from hdmi, ps3 seems to have very good dac. all the music stream from my laptop sounds much better than my laptop headphone jack. can't wait for some further testing with high quality CD play directly from ps3.



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I' ve never seen a headphone jack from a tv set. Most current Tvs have 3 to 4 HDMI input ports and and one Optical ouptut for audio output / or one HDMI ouput. I do not see how you connect your cans to these output.

 

If you use the HDMI ouput of the PS3 then the D/A conversion has nothing to do with the PS3 dacs. HDMI send only digital signals out to your Tv set in binary coding 00s/01s then your TV dacs will convert the digital signals back to analogue so human ears can hear.

 

You confuse the hell out of me.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › PS3 is very strong amp and dac. drive my m50 to crazy volumn.