Just bought ps3 today. I use the headphone jack from hdmi, ps3 seems to have very good dac. all the music stream from my laptop sounds much better than my laptop headphone jack. can't wait for some further testing with high quality CD play directly from ps3.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How long do headphone cables last? Last post on 9/29/13 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 1:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50 needs Replacement Cables - Anyone in Bellingham? Last post on 1/6/12 at 2:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50 Coiled or Straight Cable? Last post on 10/11/11 at 5:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for Metal/Rock Last post on 9/9/11 at 3:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
PS3 is very strong amp and dac. drive my m50 to crazy volumn.post #1 of 382/25/11 at 10:37amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 382/25/11 at 11:23ampost #3 of 382/25/11 at 11:29amQuote:
I think he is referring to something like this, hdmi cord with audio jack adapter.post #4 of 382/25/11 at 2:57pmpost #5 of 382/25/11 at 5:08pmpost #6 of 382/25/11 at 7:40pmThread Starterpost #7 of 382/25/11 at 7:43pmpost #8 of 382/25/11 at 7:53pm
Exactly then you are enjoying your monitors amp/DAC. Which monitor/TV are you using?post #9 of 382/25/11 at 7:54pmThread Starterpost #10 of 382/25/11 at 7:55pmpost #11 of 382/25/11 at 7:58pmpost #12 of 382/25/11 at 7:58pmThread Starterpost #13 of 382/25/11 at 8:03pmpost #14 of 382/25/11 at 8:05pm
You would also think that someone making statements, such as yourself, would know that post count is not an intelligence meter. Roflpost #15 of 382/25/11 at 8:34pmQuote:
I' ve never seen a headphone jack from a tv set. Most current Tvs have 3 to 4 HDMI input ports and and one Optical ouptut for audio output / or one HDMI ouput. I do not see how you connect your cans to these output.
If you use the HDMI ouput of the PS3 then the D/A conversion has nothing to do with the PS3 dacs. HDMI send only digital signals out to your Tv set in binary coding 00s/01s then your TV dacs will convert the digital signals back to analogue so human ears can hear.
You confuse the hell out of me.
- PS3 is very strong amp and dac. drive my m50 to crazy volumn.
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 30 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 42 seconds ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 45 seconds ago
- › WTB Fiio E12 in Canada 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio E12 Portable Amp 3 minutes ago
- › Amplification and Planar-Magnetic Headphones' purely resistive... 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2