or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information) - Page 52

post #766 of 4815
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by piotrus-g View Post

I can't read japanese but I can see it says Sennheiser IE8 remold + 2 drivers http://www.hfi.jp/?pid=31172510 this should be interesting!


HiFi International is a Rooth reseller and Rooth and UM are sister companies in the same building so it would make sense that they both offer similar services.  From what I know, the Rooth products have a sound closer to the JHA sound while the UM products are closer to the Westone sound, although not having heard the Westone custom IEMs or UM CIEMs I am basing this off my reading and talking to owners of said CIEMs.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerid View Post


Yea, with only the bass switch, decays are noticeably longer and warms up the overall signature/mids by 15% or so... very interesting 


I was comparing the NT6 with the SA-43 last night and then I tried to hear different decay times with the switches in different positions.  While I did notice longer decay with the bass switch on vs. off, I did not hear any audible difference in bass decay when the presence switch was changed on vs off regardless of the bass switch position.  The presence switch changes the tone of vocals for me as when it is on the vocals take a more nasally yet more forward sound than with it off.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini0510 View Post

Great! how long do you think you will have the reviews done?

really looking forward how you would compare the T1 and EM4 with the top tier custom iem that you have, especially the JH16, Rooth LS8, SA-43 and maybe Spiral Ears 5-Way. also the the EM3.


My reviews usually take about 2 months unless other things come up as they have recently.  I do put a lot of comparative listening in as well as source matching, and that is after I get used to a custom IEMs sound signature and mentally try to figure it out.  Some IEMs sound great right away but over time you realize they are far from great while other IEMs don't impress until you have had time to really understand what they do in a special way.  I am looking forward to listening to them.

 

Also, Heir Audio has been added to the manufacturers list and I am conversing with the Wizard...

 

post #767 of 4815
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post

My reviews usually take about 2 months unless other things come up as they have recently.  I do put a lot of comparative listening in as well as source matching, and that is after I get used to a custom IEMs sound signature and mentally try to figure it out.  Some IEMs sound great right away but over time you realize they are far from great while other IEMs don't impress until you have had time to really understand what they do in a special way.  I am looking forward to listening to them.

 

Also, Heir Audio has been added to the manufacturers list and I am conversing with the Wizard...

 

do you have ideas about ACS sound signature? I see alot of comparisons online with the JH13, but that doesn't mean they sound similar.
 

 

post #768 of 4815
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini0510 View Post

do you have ideas about ACS sound signature? I see alot of comparisons online with the JH13, but that doesn't mean they sound similar.


From what I gather the ACS stuff has a different average note thickness than the JH13, but of course why speculate!  When I get them I will give them a listen before I start on the review and should have a good idea of how they compare after a few weeks of receiving them.

post #769 of 4815
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post

 


From what I gather the ACS stuff has a different average note thickness than the JH13, but of course why speculate!  When I get them I will give them a listen before I start on the review and should have a good idea of how they compare after a few weeks of receiving them.


Ok. thanks. Will you summarize both customs in the this thread along with the other iems first?

post #770 of 4815
Thread Starter 

Yes, I will summarize everything in this thread.

post #771 of 4815

does anybody know if westone does remolds?  can i buy uses es5's and send them to westone to get shelled for my ears?

 

yeah... im considering ditching the miracles... they are pissing me off.

post #772 of 4815
Thread Starter 

I only know of one manufacturer that reshells their own custom IEMs, Heir Audio. Please let me know if Westone will reshell an ES5...

 

What is wrong with your Miracle, and why the ES5?

post #773 of 4815

ACS apparently reshells their own IEMs.

Anecdotal source:
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten123 View Post

These are Silicone. ACS will reshell them. One of these pairs was a spare that I bought from this board a while back and ACS reshelled them for me.



 

post #774 of 4815

the miracles just dont sound good to me or fit my personal sound preferences no matter how much I eq them.  I keep finding myself saying that if these weren't customs they'd be sold by now. i'll leave it at that for now.

 

I'm at a crossroads b/c i either need to send my miracles in for a refit which will cost me $150 with shipping and molds, and take at least a month, or sell the miracles and get another custom.

 

I've read all your reaviews, and lots others and frankly the only custom that really gets my attention is the 5-way but thats out of the question for me as I'm in the U.S.

 

secondly, I'm reallly trying to find a company that is U.S. based.   It's just not worth the time money and hassle dealing with an overseas company to me. 

so for customs that really only leaves a few contendors left in the top teir - westone, UE, and JH. 

nothing I have read about UE has impressed me.

JH seems to have the type of sound i dont like, and I am still miffed at the JH3A debaccle

this leaves westone es5, and they get great reviews and have a great reputation.. though i have more research to do.

 

I have until friday to decide... its gonna be a tough decision for sure.

 

I'll contact westone and post my findings about reshells.. somehow i doubt it.

post #775 of 4815

average_joe

 

Can you let me know how to contact to Alclair?

I send message two times from the contct form of their website.

But no reply from them.

Is their correspondence bad?

cheers


Edited by positivity - 12/10/11 at 8:27pm
post #776 of 4815
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanashimu View Post

ACS apparently reshells their own IEMs.

Anecdotal source:


Thanks for sharing, I will have to find out more info on that...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br777 View Post

the miracles just dont sound good to me or fit my personal sound preferences no matter how much I eq them.  I keep finding myself saying that if these weren't customs they'd be sold by now. i'll leave it at that for now.

 

I'm at a crossroads b/c i either need to send my miracles in for a refit which will cost me $150 with shipping and molds, and take at least a month, or sell the miracles and get another custom.

 

I've read all your reaviews, and lots others and frankly the only custom that really gets my attention is the 5-way but thats out of the question for me as I'm in the U.S.

 

secondly, I'm reallly trying to find a company that is U.S. based.   It's just not worth the time money and hassle dealing with an overseas company to me. 

so for customs that really only leaves a few contendors left in the top teir - westone, UE, and JH. 

nothing I have read about UE has impressed me.

JH seems to have the type of sound i dont like, and I am still miffed at the JH3A debaccle

this leaves westone es5, and they get great reviews and have a great reputation.. though i have more research to do.

 

I have until friday to decide... its gonna be a tough decision for sure.

 

I'll contact westone and post my findings about reshells.. somehow i doubt it.


I am wondering what you don't like about them and what you think the ES5 will do that they won't?  If you don't care for the sound sig, why keep them?  Getting a sound sig you prefer is so important IMO because while there may be an initial honeymoon period with a custom IEM because of the quality of the sound, if that sound isn't to your preference you will eventually want something else.  While I don't own either I believe I have a decent feel for the sound of each (but could always be wrong).  And in the US Dream Earz does make the aud-5X which competes with some of my top tier custom IEMs for about half the price.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivity View Post

average_joe

 

Can you let me know how to contact to Alclair?

I send message two times from the contct form of their website.

But no reply from them.

Is their correspondence bad?

cheers


marc @ alclair.com - remove the spaces.  He responds quite well to my emails, maybe the form on his site isn't working properly.

post #777 of 4815

Thank you.

 

I'll try his email.

I'm looking forward to your review of rm3x.

Especially comparison with UERM.

cheers

 

post #778 of 4815

@average joe

 

Quick question: Do customs have more bone conduction noise than universals when running or moving around? If so, how much? 

post #779 of 4815
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post

@average joe

 

Quick question: Do customs have more bone conduction noise than universals when running or moving around? If so, how much? 


Depends on if you are comparing with an over-the-ear designed universal IEM or something else, and cables still do play a role in bone conduction noise.  However, with that said I would say there is more with a custom IEM than an over-the-ear universal with a silicone ear tip.

 

post #780 of 4815

Thanks! It seems to me that it's up to how much of the iem is actually touching the ear. Still not totally sure about that but your answer seems to show that that is the case.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)