or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information) - Page 32

post #466 of 4815

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemshemems View Post

Hello

 

I've ordered a pair of Starkey SA-43 a week ago, impressions in the lab to be lazermoulded as we write...

 

Going to audition both Fostex HP-P1 and Just Audio AHA-120 when i get my customs, and seek out whats the best match for them...

 

Only downside is that Norway is out of the EU, so im bound to pay extra tax for them because my crappy country knows where to rip us off..

 

 


mye gode valg, lykke till!! wink_face.gif
 

 

post #467 of 4815
Quote:
Originally Posted by piotrus-g View Post




Isn't Norway in European Economic Area which means no taxes to or from EU countries?

 

 

Sadly no, there is no advantage for me buying "locally" as Denmark is in the EU and Norway is not..

 

 

post #468 of 4815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemshemems View Post



 

Sadly no, there is no advantage for me buying "locally" as Denmark is in the EU and Norway is not..

 

 

So how about EFTA? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Free_Trade_Association#Membership_history
 

OK, it doesnt work in Norway


Edited by piotrus-g - 9/14/11 at 5:12am
post #469 of 4815
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

 


mye gode valg, lykke till!! wink_face.gif
 

 


Rigtigt godt valg, tillykke or smth like that would be the correct term.. But glad u took the time to learn a nordic sentence.. :)

 

post #470 of 4815
Quote:
Originally Posted by piotrus-g View Post



So how about EFTA? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Free_Trade_Association#Membership_history
 

OK, it doesnt work in Norway


Well glad u did some research, Spiralears also wont ship to Norway because of the tax problems..

 

But i like to play with some switches and think i would cool with them on in boring beige..

 

post #471 of 4815

In swedish good luck is "lycka till", if you say "till lycka" that means "to happiness!", so.. you norwegians "tillykke" have it mixed up, or are less happy.

 

 

post #472 of 4815
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

In swedish good luck is "lycka till", if you say "till lycka" that means "to happiness!", so.. you norwegians "tillykke" have it mixed up, or are less happy.

 

 


I think u mix it up, im danish sorry :) we say tillykke here - congratulation.

 

Im happy enough tho..

 

post #473 of 4815

Congratulations!

 

Hope you can post some thoughts when you receive it since so few people have the SA-43, I think mostly just Norwegian musicians that don't care about the internet. =)

post #474 of 4815
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

Congratulations!

 

Hope you can post some thoughts when you receive it since so few people have the SA-43, I think mostly just Norwegian musicians that don't care about the internet. =)


 

I should have them in my sweaty palms by end of september, if the tax office dosnt cause me grief, going to get a trail of both Fostex HP-P1 and the JA AHA-120.

 

Might aswell spend some money on some good units to drive em, and worry about the bills later.. 

 

Most costums are build for musicians anyway, but Starkey isnt wellknown outside anything and above_average_joe got me hooked on them in the first place, its still a little world eventho globalisation and global warming are know to everybody, still missing the warming part where i live tho, where is it!!!?

post #475 of 4815

+1 on this! Congrats again.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

Congratulations!

 

Hope you can post some thoughts when you receive it since so few people have the SA-43, I think mostly just Norwegian musicians that don't care about the internet. =)



 

post #476 of 4815
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemshemems View Post

Hello

 

I've ordered a pair of Starkey SA-43 a week ago, impressions in the lab to be lazermoulded as we write...

 

Going to audition both Fostex HP-P1 and Just Audio AHA-120 when i get my customs, and seek out whats the best match for them...

 

Only downside is that Norway is out of the EU, so im bound to pay extra tax for them because my crappy country knows where to rip us off..


Awesome, looking forward to hearing how you like the SA-43, especially with those two sources.  I actually have the uHA-120 among some other amps (iQube and Neco Soundlabs amp) for review and source matching, but the HP-P1 is on my radar.

 

Sorry to hear about the tax situation, but it is interesting to note.

post #477 of 4815
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post




Awesome, looking forward to hearing how you like the SA-43, especially with those two sources.  I actually have the uHA-120 among some other amps (iQube and Neco Soundlabs amp) for review and source matching, but the HP-P1 is on my radar.

 

Sorry to hear about the tax situation, but it is interesting to note.

Well for portable use the AHA is somewhat overkill for iems, but i have the chance here to try it so why not give it a shot..

 

Also interesting to do a comparison of the Fostex as dac only, and try out the AHA as amp instead..

 

But anyway i have to get used to the sound of the Starkey's first, and find out which match that suits me later on..

 

 

 

post #478 of 4815
Thread Starter 

If you aren't going to use the Fostex as a DAC, what will you use as a DAC/source?  Please post pictures when it arrives, I want to see what the new bubble-less fill looks like with a SA-43.

post #479 of 4815
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post

If you aren't going to use the Fostex as a DAC, what will you use as a DAC/source?  Please post pictures when it arrives, I want to see what the new bubble-less fill looks like with a SA-43.



Well as of now i only have my Itouch as dap, which is fine companion with my Ety, but i've seen your comparisons already so choices needs to be made as i go..

 

The Cypher was also on my mind, but its not sold around here and is neither CE or Rohs certified to get on the european market..

 

I'm not really fond of any of the higher quality daps around just now, and i really want a portable setup rather then a desktop..

 

But there are more choices doing an upgrade desktop wise, but havnt really thought of any dacs for this use..

 

The silicone fill is gonna be a problem for me to show u, as mine are gonna be beige and not clear and modern like the ones u chose..

post #480 of 4815

I will also be ordering the sa43 in mid october and like like Hemshemems I too am using an iDevice as my primary source right now...

Please post some impressions of how they match up when u get them Hem ;). 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)