Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review... - Page 251

post #3751 of 4078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalboy View Post
 

Picked these up yesterday. Kumitate Lab Hybrid.

3 balanced armatures and 2 dynamic drivers. 

 

They sound almost too good to be true for 540$ (the faceplates cost extra) 

 

 

Did you get them from Japan? Kumitate hasn't got any dealer outside Japan yet last I checked.

post #3752 of 4078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalboy View Post
 

Picked these up yesterday. Kumitate Lab Hybrid.

3 balanced armatures and 2 dynamic drivers. 

 

They sound almost too good to be true for 540$ (the faceplates cost extra) 

 

 

:eek:  That's alot.  I wonder how it sounds.  Impressions would be super nice. Price seems reasonable.  I wonder how they compare to 1p2.  are the dynamic driver, micro dynamic?


Edited by SilverEars - 6/25/14 at 5:34am
post #3753 of 4078
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranhieu View Post

Did you get them from Japan? Kumitate hasn't got any dealer outside Japan yet last I checked.

I got them directly from kumitate lab.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post

eek.gif   That's alot.  I wonder how it sounds.  Impressions would be super nice. Price seems reasonable.  I wonder how they compare to 1p2.  are the dynamic driver, micro dynamic?

Two small dynamic drivers for the bass. I will try to write a small review and compare them with my other ciems.
post #3754 of 4078

^ Nice! looking forward to your review. It's very rare to see a Japanese company reaching out to the outside world.

post #3755 of 4078

This looks really good~ My friends introduced me to kumitate lab several weeks ago too. Please share some impressions on the sound. 

post #3756 of 4078
Is that their stock cable? It seems pretty nice too.
post #3757 of 4078
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post
 

This looks really good~ My friends introduced me to kumitate lab several weeks ago too. Please share some impressions on the sound. 

 

 

They sound a bit V-shaped but the mids are not recessed. Powerful bass, highly detailed and the treble is airy and a tiny bit harsh sometimes. Excellent soundstage thats both wide and deep.  

post #3758 of 4078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalboy View Post
 

 

 

They sound a bit V-shaped but the mids are not recessed. Powerful bass, highly detailed and the treble is airy and a tiny bit harsh sometimes. Excellent soundstage thats both wide and deep.  

And you have the NT6 pro also. :D We await you comparisons. I'm more interested in if the clairity and details is still there with the V shape.


Edited by SilverEars - 6/25/14 at 5:51pm
post #3759 of 4078

Here is a small review/comparison

 

 

Kumitate Lab Hybrid 

3 balanced armatures, 2 dynamic drivers with 4 bores. 

Cost: 540-550$

 

 

Build Quality 10/10

 

The best I have ever seen. Thick large shell with no bubbles or imperfections. 

 

Bass 8,5/10 

 

Very powerful bass with very good texture. You can clearly hear bass guitar bass lines. Not the fastest bass but it can keep up with almost anything. 

 

Mids 8,5/10

 

The mids are a little more behind the bass and treble but not recessed. Very neutral mids with great imaging and detail. 

 

Treble 8/10

 

Very clear treble. High levels of detail but can sometimes sound a bit harsh with the wrong source. Cymbal crashes sounds very clear and realistic. 

 

Soundstage 8,5/10

With 8,5/10

Depth 8/10

 

They have a soundstage thats both deep and wide. And they have a very enveloping presentation where every instrument placement sound correct. 

 

Summary

 

Amazing ciem for their price. They have a bit of a V-shaped sound with boosted highs and lows but not to much. 

 

 

This is what my other ciems/iems would score

 

NT6 Pro

 

 

Build Quality 9/10

Bass 10/10

Mids 9,5/10

Treble 10/10

Soundstage 9/10

With 9/10

Depth 8,5/10

 

 

Earsonics EM32

 

 

Build Quality 8/10

Bass 9/10

Mids 10/10

Treble 10/10

Soundstage 9,5/10

With 8.5

Depth 10/10

 

Wan Xuan I9Pro

 

 

Build Quality 8/10

Bass 7/10

Mids 6/10

Treble 4/10

Soundstage 8/10

 

With 8/10

Depth 8/10

 

Rhapsodio R^2 (no longer in production) Insane value for the price they had 550$

 

Build Quality 5/10

Bass 9/10

Mids 9/10

Treble 8/10

 

Soundstage 9/10

With 9/10

Depth 8,5

 

Rhapsodio RTI1

 

Build Quality 6/10

Bass 8/10

Mids 10/10

Treble 10/10

Soundstage 9,5/10

 

With 10/10

Depth 9/10

 

 

1964ears V6 (from memory)

 

Build Quality 8,5/10

Bass 7/10

Mids 8/10

Treble 8/10

Soundstage 8/10

 

With 8/10

Depth 8/10

 

Custom Art Pro 330 (from memory)

 

Build Quality 7/10

Bass 8/10

Mids 8/10

Treble 8/10

Soundstage 7,5/10

 

With 7,5

Depth 8/10

post #3760 of 4078

Nice write up Metalboy.

 

Rhapsodio RTI1 seems interesting with that complete titanium shell. Too bad, it is probably not bassy enough for me and has piercing highs.

post #3761 of 4078
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 

Nice write up Metalboy.

 

Rhapsodio RTI1 seems interesting with that complete titanium shell. Too bad, it is probably not bassy enough for me and has piercing highs.

 

Thanks

 

The bass is lightning fast and has amazing detail but its not very impactful at all. 

post #3762 of 4078

Thanks Metalboy, this gives us a good perspective.  How would you rate them in terms of resolution(ultra details) and separation?

post #3763 of 4078
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post
 

Thanks Metalboy, this gives us a good perspective.  How would you rate them in terms of resolution(ultra details) and separation?

 

 

I would rate them in this order

 

RTI1 

NT6Pro/Em32

Rhapsodio R^2

Kumitate Lab Hybrid

Pro 330

V6

I9pro

post #3764 of 4078

Are those IEMs closed-back or they have vents in the shell? You report huge soundstage. UM Merlin have also very big and specious imaging but for the cost of being open, is this the case here?

post #3765 of 4078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalboy View Post
 

 

 

I would rate them in this order

 

RTI1 

NT6Pro/Em32

Rhapsodio R^2

Kumitate Lab Hybrid

Pro 330

V6

I9pro

I looked at the site, and Rhapsodios are hybrid(cross between universal and custom), and not custom fit.  That's interesting It performs so well with universal fit.  RTI1, is the bass quality lacking?  What about it's bass do you feel lacking in it?

 

When you say depth, do you mean like a how dynamic the sound comes out? I've noticed this with my NT-6, it gets more dynamic with the right amp.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)