Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review... - Page 250

post #3736 of 4085
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 

I know how does it look like but I was thinking it for home use and for the places that I don't need isolation. For isolation I have SE5way and Music One (one for main listening sessions and one for the gym). Maybe EarPower can fit the last spot in my inventory then I can call quit :D

 

Yes, it is quite different than most other CIEM sound signatures, which can be very good.  I am not sure if my particular set has an issue, as there is too much mid-bass at low-moderate volume and above, but I can listen at very quite levels at night and they do sound good.  For a while I was in discussion with them about fixing the issue, but it was never resolved, plus shipping to Italy is a huge pain.  If I had time, I wouldn't mind giving them a 2nd go.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollk2 View Post

Thanks Joe wink.gif excellent review indeed

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviltooth View Post
 

Thanks, Average_Joe, I enjoyed your Rhines Stage 3 review; as per usual extremely detailed with excellent comparisons (apples to apples).

 

Thanks for reading!

post #3737 of 4085

Great review as usual joe! ;) What happened to the CIEM filtering page? Did you offend anyone with those scores? :p

post #3738 of 4085
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post
 

Great review as usual joe! ;) What happened to the CIEM filtering page? Did you offend anyone with those scores? :p

 

Thanks!  This page?  It looks OK to me; please send a PM if it doesn't look OK for you.

post #3739 of 4085

Ohh ..I see it does work. 

 

It just says "page not found" when I click my data table of my reviews with filtering on the first page;)


Edited by tupac0306 - 6/15/14 at 9:59am
post #3740 of 4085
Idem
post #3741 of 4085
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post
 

Ohh ..I see it does work. 

 

It just says "page not found" when I click my data table of my reviews with filtering on the first page;)

 

Thanks, it should be fixed.

post #3742 of 4085
Not fixed

Have you planed to upgrade your EM4 in EM6 or in EM32 ? Or just to buy EM32 ?
post #3743 of 4085
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollk2 View Post

Not fixed

Have you planed to upgrade your EM4 in EM6 or in EM32 ? Or just to buy EM32 ?

 

I believe tupac was referring to the link in the first post, which now works for me.  The link in the post I replied to won't reflect the changes unless I manually change that one also.  If the link in the first post still isn't working (or if there is an issue with another link location), please let me know.

 

Unfortunately I don't have the time for a review of the EM32 as of now, otherwise I would figure out a way to get it.

post #3744 of 4085

I just got my first pair of CIEMs!

It's from a new CIEM company based here locally in Singapore: http://www.acousticwerkes.com/

As their pricing was cheap (349 SGD / ~280 USD), I decided to have a go at CIEMs.

 

I'm mainly a headphone person. Not really a IEM person as I usually have some fit issues and don't find them comfortable.

At first, I was a little sceptical on the sound quality of CIEMs. But after receiving and listening to my pair, I'm fully convinced on the sound quality of CIEMs versus Universals and the different presentation when compared with headphones.

 

Now I've become just a happy user of a CIEM and I don't think my journey will stop here.

Would really like to thank average_joe for all the resources! :)

post #3745 of 4085
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbbef View Post
 

I just got my first pair of CIEMs!

It's from a new CIEM company based here locally in Singapore: http://www.acousticwerkes.com/

As their pricing was cheap (349 SGD / ~280 USD), I decided to have a go at CIEMs.

 

I'm mainly a headphone person. Not really a IEM person as I usually have some fit issues and don't find them comfortable.

At first, I was a little sceptical on the sound quality of CIEMs. But after receiving and listening to my pair, I'm fully convinced on the sound quality of CIEMs versus Universals and the different presentation when compared with headphones.

 

Now I've become just a happy user of a CIEM and I don't think my journey will stop here.

Would really like to thank average_joe for all the resources! :)

 

Congratulations!  CIEMs can be great, and it the new Advanced AcosticWerkes CIEMs seem like they could be very good for the price.  I will have the opportunity to try their lineup in the near future.

 

More info here and a new thread for discussion here if you want to compare or provide any more info.

post #3746 of 4085
Hi all CIEM connoisseurs!

I've read a lot about how the Tralucent 1plus2 and ref 1 have huge 3D, out of head sound stage, great detail, instrument placement and clarity.

What other CIEMs and TOTL universals share these characteristics, particularly the sound stage?

Thanks.
post #3747 of 4085
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithjedi333 View Post

Hi all CIEM connoisseurs!

I've read a lot about how the Tralucent 1plus2 and ref 1 have huge 3D, out of head sound stage, great detail, instrument placement and clarity.

What other CIEMs and TOTL universals share these characteristics, particularly the sound stage?

Thanks.

 

 

UM Miracle and M-Fidelity SA-43 might be worth a listen.

post #3748 of 4085

Picked these up yesterday. Kumitate Lab Hybrid.

3 balanced armatures and 2 dynamic drivers. 

 

They sound almost too good to be true for 540$ (the faceplates cost extra) 

 

 

post #3749 of 4085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalboy View Post
 

Picked these up yesterday. Kumitate Lab Hybrid.

3 balanced armatures and 2 dynamic drivers. 

 

They sound almost too good to be true for 540$ (the faceplates cost extra) 

 

 

They look very nice especially the faceplate. First time I hear about that company, gotta check it out :happy_face1:

post #3750 of 4085
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 

They look very nice especially the faceplate. First time I hear about that company, gotta check it out :happy_face1:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/694510/kumitate-lab-a-triumph-and-celebration-of-diy-appreciation-thread

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)