Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review... - Page 244

post #3646 of 3831
Artem, everything depends which ipod you have because they have different ouput impedance (too high output impedance results in pro330 becoming more bassy and Vshaped).

Tomscy2000, pro330v2 doesn't have a vented driver for bass IMO.
post #3647 of 3831

The pro330v2 work well with the iPod, but you can reach a better bass control with a better source as the iPod is not very powerfull and has a bad presentation. The difference with the DX50 is audible.

 

I could not advice which serie is the best for audiophile, as Tom said, both have qualities that could be interesting for each of us. Personally I prefer my Music One to my pro330v2 because of those emphases that Piotr knows to do, that is yet musical and well separated with a decent soundstage for a mono transducer. The Music Two are an even better option and certainly a better bang for buck than the Music One.

 

The pro330v2, except if you dislike the sound signature, is to my mind one of the best otherwise the best CIEM in this price range : yet spacious, musical and analytical at the same time, pretty hard to tune ;)


Edited by Rollk2 - 3/17/14 at 4:45am
post #3648 of 3831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artem View Post  So I was thinking about making a blind purchase of either one of these. Given the high praise everyone has for the CustomArt creations, I think i cannot go wrong with either one.

 

You can't really go wrong with the stuff --- it's affordable, and it really has solid acoustic tuning all around.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakur1996 View Post  Tomscy2000, pro330v2 doesn't have a vented driver for bass IMO.

 

Yeah, I know --- I was thinking about the tweeter, actually, because it has a bass port option, don't know if it's used full-range or not. Chances are it's not.

post #3649 of 3831
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakur1996 View Post

Artem, everything depends which ipod you have because they have different ouput impedance (too high output impedance results in pro330 becoming more bassy and Vshaped).

Tomscy2000, pro330v2 doesn't have a vented driver for bass IMO.
looks like I am not the only thug in here...tongue.gif
post #3650 of 3831
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post  looks like I am not the only thug in here...tongue.gif

post #3651 of 3831
LOL
post #3652 of 3831

Going slightly off topic here, but is there any difference in purchasing customs straight from the company and via an authorized dealer? Straight up, there's a difference in cost that I pay, with the authorized dealer charging slightly more. 

 

Is there any benefit to buying via a retailer? 

post #3653 of 3831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artem View Post
 

Going slightly off topic here, but is there any difference in purchasing customs straight from the company and via an authorized dealer? Straight up, there's a difference in cost that I pay, with the authorized dealer charging slightly more. 

 

Is there any benefit to buying via a retailer? 

Retailer is mostly for those people who can't or don't know how to purchase directly from the company. If you are very close to the guy in the retailer, you might be able to get a good price even cheaper than the price listed by the company. But normally retailer will make things easier for you that's all.

post #3654 of 3831
No benefit at all in my opinion in this special case! There is no better service provided on the market than by Piotr at this moment!
post #3655 of 3831
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenz View Post
 

Have heard both the NT-6 and NT-6 pro, and both just didn't do it for me somehow.

All the technicalities as what tupac and average joe mention are there but they didn't move me as how even my old JH13pro did (all auditioned on the same toxic silver widow cables). And NT-6 doesn't seem to be technically lower in terms of sonic delivery than JH13. The music (delivered from my ibasso DX50 to ALO rxMK3B+) seemed more dynamic "alive" on the JH13 over the NT-6/6pro. Tonally, JH13 seems "sweeter" if that makes any sense.

 

Also, the JH13 FP and JH16 FP were more enjoyable to my ears (in an audition of similar duration). Even Rooth's LS8 despite it's harsher highs (to my ears) and perhaps a touch less detailed, were more enjoyable than the NT-6 and NT-6 pro.

 

Thanks for sharing.  Were all the units you tried demos, and was your JH13 customized?  If so, ear tips make a huge difference.  I recently was listening to a universal version of a CIEM and thought it sounded quite bad with my go-to tips, but other tips worked much better.  

 

I have experience with demos of CIEMs I have and dynamics are one thing that can be affected, as well as coherence, transparency, bass (which leads to the sense of dynamics at times).  I am not saying any of those is better for you than JHA, but just to consider all the variables.  My JH16 is quite dynamic, especially in the bass, where it is fast and super punchy.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artem View Post
 

Hi all, has anyone heard/auditioned the CustomArt series?

 

I know Joker has high praise for the Music One and, from what I gathered from the CustomArt thread, this praise seems universal. However, I can't seem to find much information on the Pro330 V2. It seems like the Music One is more tuned for musicality and the Pro330 V2 is more for the analytical listening, but that's just the sense I get from reading the information on the website and some sporadic comments.

 

So I was hoping for a slightly more in-depth feedback on the pro and cons of both. Anyone?

 

I have the Music One and agree with joker.  It is very musical and recommended.  I haven't heard the rest of the series though.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artem View Post
 

Going slightly off topic here, but is there any difference in purchasing customs straight from the company and via an authorized dealer? Straight up, there's a difference in cost that I pay, with the authorized dealer charging slightly more. 

 

Is there any benefit to buying via a retailer? 

 

From my understanding, some companies (Variphone?) make the CIEMs locally vs having them made by the original manufacturer, essentially licensing the design.  Most are the middle man, but a company like UM or Rooth will require you to go through a company other than the corporate office.  There may be benefits to going through a retailer such as for a Westone product, as an audiologist may give you a better deal than going direct to Westone.

post #3656 of 3831
Thread Starter 

If anyone is looking for musicians plugs, or hearing protection, check out my experience with the ProGuard Fleximonitors Mark 2.

post #3657 of 3831
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post
 

 

Thanks for sharing.  Were all the units you tried demos, and was your JH13 customized?  If so, ear tips make a huge difference.  I recently was listening to a universal version of a CIEM and thought it sounded quite bad with my go-to tips, but other tips worked much better.  

 

I have experience with demos of CIEMs I have and dynamics are one thing that can be affected, as well as coherence, transparency, bass (which leads to the sense of dynamics at times).  I am not saying any of those is better for you than JHA, but just to consider all the variables.  My JH16 is quite dynamic, especially in the bass, where it is fast and super punchy.

 

Yes, they were all demos and there is the possibility of the ear tips and fit which could have affected the results.

Then again on the same day, i also demoed the JH13 freqphase, JH16 freqphase and various Vision Ears Stage 2 , 3 and 4, and they sounded delightful to my ears.

 

Seems like my hearing is more tuned to JH and VE sound (although i also have a thing for Fitear's C435, TG334 and MH333).

post #3658 of 3831
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenz View Post

 

Yes, they were all demos and there is the possibility of the ear tips and fit which could have affected the results.

Then again on the same day, i also demoed the JH13 freqphase, JH16 freqphase and various Vision Ears Stage 2 , 3 and 4, and they sounded delightful to my ears.

 

Seems like my hearing is more tuned to JH and VE sound (although i also have a thing for Fitear's C435, TG334 and MH333).

 

They might not do anything for you, but what I am saying is the same tips that work for one demo unit won't necessarily work well for the others.  I have to use different ear tips for different demo units and even different universal IEMs as the sound changes with ear tip length and inner diameter.  For example, a triple flange ear tip can smooth the treble for one IEM but make it harsh and unlistenable with another (I just had this experience).  Single flange Sony hybrids ear tips made the first sound dull and the second unit sounded much better. 

post #3659 of 3831

Hi Joe, I didn't find a DAP comparason thread, but from what I see looks like you have lots of high-end customs and DAPs so I want to ask which ones you think is the most neutral and has the most accurate and clear sound?  I know you like either DX100 or the Hifiman 901 the best.

 

I had a chance to listen to AK120 and 240 which sounded fantastic, and they paired well with the UERM, and I read your review on the AK120, and you say DX100 or the Hifiman 901 is better.


Edited by SilverEars - 4/6/14 at 12:25pm
post #3660 of 3831
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post
 

Hi Joe, I didn't find a DAP comparason thread, but from what I see looks like you have lots of high-end customs and DAPs so I want to ask which ones you think is the most neutral and has the most accurate and clear sound?  I know you like either DX100 or the Hifiman 901 the best.

 

I had a chance to listen to AK120 and 240 which sounded fantastic, and they paired well with the UERM, and I read your review on the AK120, and you say DX100 or the Hifiman 901 is better.

 

It is difficult to say what is the most "neutral" as the DX100 gives more emphasis to the bass compared with both the 901 and AK120 (and DX50 and X3), but generally only when necessary.  What sets the DX100 apart from the 901 is the additional spaciousness, which I have yet to hear from another portable player.  The AK120 is good, very good, but it doesn't pair well with everything, but the IERM pairing is good enough to give a recommendation IMO.  Sure, you may lose a bit, but the additional usability/portability are well worth it for travel.

 

I will be publishing reviews of the X3, DX50, DX100, and Nova 3 in the near future.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)