Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review... - Page 229

post #3421 of 4080
Quote:
Originally Posted by piotrus-g View Post

I'm sorry but I can't reveal much. I can say though that it will be based on the newest generation drivers - so new they are yet to be officially announced by Sonion.
Your check is in the mail. I'll take 10.
post #3422 of 4080

Has anyone here properly heard (or, ideally, owned) Frogbeats C5?

 

There was a fair bit of C4 discussion, at launch, but I've not seen any detailed impressions or reviews from anyone on the C5.

 

I recall being given to understand that it was tuned to be gently lifted in the bass region but otherwise relatively neutral in mids and treble, albeit slightly warm.

 

FWIW, as far as I know, it's all Sonion drivers, in a 1B + 2M + 2T configuration.

post #3423 of 4080

@ piotrus-g

 

I casually stopped-by your website this afternoon, and I gave up trying to find your Pro 330 - the website navigation really needs a substantial overhaul!

 

Nothing personal, just honest feedback  :beerchug:

post #3424 of 4080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

Has anyone here properly heard (or, ideally, owned) Frogbeats C5?

 

There was a fair bit of C4 discussion, at launch, but I've not seen any detailed impressions or reviews from anyone on the C5.

 

I recall being given to understand that it was tuned to be gently lifted in the bass region but otherwise relatively neutral in mids and treble, albeit slightly warm.

 

FWIW, as far as I know, it's all Sonion drivers, in a 1B + 2M + 2T configuration.

 

 

Never heard about the 5C either. I asked about it, but nobody knew. The Frogbeats people seemed to really want to push the C4 as their crowd pleasing model, which is weird because a bit of boosted bass in an otherwise neutral signature is usually very welcome. 

post #3425 of 4080

All I know about C5 is that, they inspired from Westone ES5 while building it.

post #3426 of 4080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

@ piotrus-g

 

I casually stopped-by your website this afternoon, and I gave up trying to find your Pro 330 - the website navigation really needs a substantial overhaul!

 

Nothing personal, just honest feedback  :beerchug:

I know I know, you're not the first one. New site is coming soon.

post #3427 of 4080

When I see the "big news", I can only thought of tons of drivers :p

post #3428 of 4080
Thread Starter 
post #3429 of 4080
Thread Starter 

While I believe custom in-ears should be purchased based off the sound signature you prefer, I came up with a buyer's guide to showcase some of the best performing CIEMs in their price ranges.

post #3430 of 4080
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post
 

While I believe custom in-ears should be purchased based off the sound signature you prefer, I came up with a buyer's guide to showcase some of the best performing CIEMs in their price ranges.


 

And what would you know about CIEMs..?

 

                            :wink: 

 

 

 

...joking aside... regarding the Hidition NT-6 + Whiplash Hybrid V3 cable combo, do you feel the NT6 Pro benefits from the W.H. V3 cable, too?

 

 

.


Edited by Mython - 11/24/13 at 6:26pm
post #3431 of 4080
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post


 

And what would you know about CIEMs..?

 

                            :wink: 

 

 

 

...joking aside... regarding the Hidition NT-6 + Whiplash Hybrid V3 cable combo, do you feel the NT6 Pro benefits from the W.H. V3 cable, too?

 

Not enough!

 

From my Whiplash Hybrid V3 cable review:

NT-6 pro: The Hybrid fits the NT-6 well, although the plug is slightly protruding and the sockets of the stock cables are slightly recessed, but I am still confident the Hybrid will hold up.  Compared with the Hidition upgrade cable, the microphonics are much better and ergonomics are slightly better with the Hybrid.  In similar fashion to how the Hybrid performed with the bass enhanced JH16, the sub-bass of the NT-6 pro was amplified, really showing weight and authority down low.  It does so while cleaning up the sound, adding clarity and articulation.  The overall presentation is a bit more laid back and spacious than the Hidition upgrade cable and the upper midrange/treble is slightly less present with the Hybrid cable.  Both cables have a smooth presentation, but with better clarity and better balance between the midrange and treble vocals/midrange instruments sound more realistic and detailed with the Hybrid cable.  Overall, the Hybrid improves the strong point of the NT-6 pro, clarity while emphasizing sub-bass and giving a more natural balance from top to bottom adding even more realism to vocals.

 

The NT-6 improves quite a bit more overall than the NT-6 pro, but the NT-6 pro does improve.

post #3432 of 4080

I just want to say thank you for putting this thread together. Holy mackerel. I got pointed here by a kind poster in the Roxanne thread and while I'm still working through it, I'm learning tremendous stuff. Seriously awesome job!

 
--Dan
post #3433 of 4080
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfettd View Post
 

I just want to say thank you for putting this thread together. Holy mackerel. I got pointed here by a kind poster in the Roxanne thread and while I'm still working through it, I'm learning tremendous stuff. Seriously awesome job!

 
--Dan

 

Hi Dan, thanks for reading and glad you find the info useful.  Let me know if you have any questions.

post #3434 of 4080

How much you notice it will depend on your perspective and sensitivity to that.  This is an issue with hybrid driver CIEMs, and dynamic drivers, while having a natural note thickness can have treble extension issues.  I will stop it here and continue once I have had a chance to hear more dynamic driver custom IEMs.

vrt

post #3435 of 4080

@AJ, if I am not mistaking, you demoed/auditioned 1+2 right? Would you mind giving it a mini review? Maybe, at least the numbers on your famous list so we can see where does it stay on the list?

 

Also, if you would suggest a ciem called "king of the dynamic driver ciems", what would it be? (hybrid designs also ok)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)