Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review... - Page 211

post #3151 of 4077

Is it possible that removing all my wisdom teeth could have changed my ear canal shape? I had my impressions made before my surgery and when I first got my UERMs, the fit was pretty bad. The fit with the new left impressions is pretty much perfect whereas the current right monitor made with the first impressions fits well, but not quite as perfect as the new left. I'm currently debating whether or not to get new impressions made for my right ear as it would be my third refit and it is pass my 30-day free refit time frame.

post #3152 of 4077
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegunner100 View Post

Is it possible that removing all my wisdom teeth could have changed my ear canal shape? I had my impressions made before my surgery and when I first got my UERMs, the fit was pretty bad. The fit with the new left impressions is pretty much perfect whereas the current right monitor made with the first impressions fits well, but not quite as perfect as the new left. I'm currently debating whether or not to get new impressions made for my right ear as it would be my third refit and it is pass my 30-day free refit time frame.

 

 

Can't say for certain, but It's certainly plausible that your jaw position/bite may have changed slightly, after having all your wisdom teeth removed.

 

 

Drop UE an email and ask them if they'll redo the RH earpiece for you.

 

They're a big company so should be able to accommodate you, but it's a case of whether they're feeling amiable or not! popcorn.gif

 

 

.


Edited by Mython - 7/7/13 at 11:22am
post #3153 of 4077

Mython, continuing our conversation from the SE5 thread, I do NOT find the 1Plus2 feeling unrefined. They can have hard edges, but only if the music does. It will not smooth things out. But coming from the Miracles, you should like it I think. The JH13 FP, I do not know, as I understand it, the bass is only slightly more than the Miracles but well controlled, and with better clarity in the mids...so that sounds nice. The Kaede are the Ocharaku Flat-4 Kaede. Not a custom.

post #3154 of 4077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

Mython, continuing our conversation from the SE5 thread, I do NOT find the 1Plus2 feeling unrefined. They can have hard edges, but only if the music does. It will not smooth things out. But coming from the Miracles, you should like it I think. The JH13 FP, I do not know, as I understand it, the bass is only slightly more than the Miracles but well controlled, and with better clarity in the mids...so that sounds nice. The Kaede are the Ocharaku Flat-4 Kaede. Not a custom.

 

Kaede definitely not my cup of tea, then (I'm referring to them overall, not specifically in terms of SQ)

 

 

As for the JH13 FP.... mmmm..... I'll try to keep an open mind then.   The funny thing about the Miracles is that I've seen a number of people claim they are slightly V-shaped, but I never felt that way about them at all.

 

1Plus2.... well... nice resale value but I really, really appreciate the fit of customs. I don't like universals. I don't like continually wedging things into my ear canal which are trying to expand within the canal in order to create a seal. CIEMs are a certain size within the canal (and very accurate, if done correctly) and do not try to expand.

 

But these are personal preferences regular_smile%20.gif

 

I will keep in mind what you've said about the JH13 FP.

 

 

...speaking of which, do you know if any info has been released on how the FreqPhase feature works? I haven't seen a patent number for it, or I would have looked at the relevant patent.

post #3155 of 4077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post

 

Kaede definitely not my cup of tea, then (I'm referring to them overall, not specifically in terms of SQ)

 

 

As for the JH13 FP.... mmmm..... I'll try to keep an open mind then.   The funny thing about the Miracles is that I've seen a number of people claim they are slightly V-shaped, but I never felt that way about them at all.

 

1Plus2.... well... nice resale value but I really, really appreciate the fit of customs. I don't like universals. I don't like continually wedging things into my ear canal which are trying to expand within the canal in order to create a seal. CIEMs are a certain size within the canal (and very accurate, if done correctly) and do not try to expand.

 

But these are personal preferences regular_smile%20.gif

 

I will keep in mind what you've said about the JH13 FP.

 

 

...speaking of which, do you know if any info has been released on how the FreqPhase feature works? I haven't seen a patent number for it, or I would have looked at the relevant patent.

Good one :)

 

No clue.

post #3156 of 4077

Well, I'm sure the truth will (eventually) appear.

post #3157 of 4077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post

 

Kaede definitely not my cup of tea, then (I'm referring to them overall, not specifically in terms of SQ)

 

 

As for the JH13 FP.... mmmm..... I'll try to keep an open mind then.   The funny thing about the Miracles is that I've seen a number of people claim they are slightly V-shaped, but I never felt that way about them at all.

 

1Plus2.... well... nice resale value but I really, really appreciate the fit of customs. I don't like universals. I don't like continually wedging things into my ear canal which are trying to expand within the canal in order to create a seal. CIEMs are a certain size within the canal (and very accurate, if done correctly) and do not try to expand.

 

But these are personal preferences regular_smile%20.gif

 

I will keep in mind what you've said about the JH13 FP.

 

 

...speaking of which, do you know if any info has been released on how the FreqPhase feature works? I haven't seen a patent number for it, or I would have looked at the relevant patent.

No clue about the FP either. But the tweeters are definitely placed further away from your ears which makes the new model more balanced than the old ones, specially the new JH16 pro, pleasure to listen to.

 

I heard from friends that PP6 can be slightly more shaped, miracle is just on the sweet spot. Also when people talking about V shape. I really don't know what that means. Is it supposed to be less mid presentation and more bass and lower treble (5k- 10k)? So V shaped is different from U shaped? 

 

Some people say 1+2 is a bit V shaped. but to my ears, 1+2 didn't have picky treble extension. Its treble energy is more focused on lower part of the spectrum (4k-8k) which make some songs unrefined, but the well mixed songs have amazing imaging and soundstage.

 

JH13 has good and bad. The good is its clarity, speed, extension both ways. The bad is it's not the most neutral sounding CIEMs.

It doesn't have much mid/upper bass that means the presentation sound hollow/thin sometimes. But the sub-bass is almost the same as JH16, so on some songs, it can be annoying (rumble independently) And the vocal...always feels there is a cloth on the vocal, not focused enough. JH's tuning is not that accurate for vocal presentation IMO. So I am not surprised JH fans call 1+2, NT6, 8.a and miracle "V shaped".

 

But all subtle differences.

post #3158 of 4077
Too bad that Spiral Ear will not ship to the US anymore. I was leaning toward the 5-Way.

I have owned my K3003i for a couple of weeks. While I enjoy them, I feel like I should have made the jump to CIEMs rather than leapfrogging to a more expensive IEM.

Recommendations for a CIEM around the same price point (or lower - saving $$ is always a plus!) as the K3003 that will provide a similar signature, but maybe a bit more low end and add in some more "fun?" I find these great if I want to do some analytical listening, but thats what my HD800s are for.

The UM Miracle has always intrigued me, going back to the days when the community rallied together to get Joker his pair - but I am not convinced that I will enjoy its signature? I spent years making small upgrades to get to the HD800s, but I made quite the leap with IEMs by going from my GR07 to the K3003.
post #3159 of 4077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2HBK View Post

Too bad that Spiral Ear will not ship to the US anymore. I was leaning toward the 5-Way.

I have owned my K3003i for a couple of weeks. While I enjoy them, I feel like I should have made the jump to CIEMs rather than leapfrogging to a more expensive IEM.

Recommendations for a CIEM around the same price point (or lower - saving $$ is always a plus!) as the K3003 that will provide a similar signature, but maybe a bit more low end and add in some more "fun?" I find these great if I want to do some analytical listening, but thats what my HD800s are for.

The UM Miracle has always intrigued me, going back to the days when the community rallied together to get Joker his pair - but I am not convinced that I will enjoy its signature? I spent years making small upgrades to get to the HD800s, but I made quite the leap with IEMs by going from my GR07 to the K3003.

Hidition NT6 Pro.

post #3160 of 4077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2HBK View Post

Too bad that Spiral Ear will not ship to the US anymore. I was leaning toward the 5-Way.

I have owned my K3003i for a couple of weeks. While I enjoy them, I feel like I should have made the jump to CIEMs rather than leapfrogging to a more expensive IEM.

Recommendations for a CIEM around the same price point (or lower - saving $$ is always a plus!) as the K3003 that will provide a similar signature, but maybe a bit more low end and add in some more "fun?" I find these great if I want to do some analytical listening, but thats what my HD800s are for.

The UM Miracle has always intrigued me, going back to the days when the community rallied together to get Joker his pair - but I am not convinced that I will enjoy its signature? I spent years making small upgrades to get to the HD800s, but I made quite the leap with IEMs by going from my GR07 to the K3003.
The SE5 will be quite different from yiur 3003. They have quite a unique mix IMO. Very natural sounding but with great trebble detail, crazy sub bass, very transparent mids. They are definitely not analytical, more like warm neutral. The Miracles are quite enjoyable and musical, nothing huge in the bass department but nice control and texture. I think the 1plus2 might be slightly more punchy 3003 but I might be wrong as I listened to 3003 inly briefly.
post #3161 of 4077

Should be getting a mi performer on wednesday from Minerva.  They've redone the whole line so it's just two iems now.  The aforementioned performer which is a half shell by default (you can request to have full shell) and the performer pro which apparantly is a redone dual ba.  These supercede the mi 1 2 and 3's.  Curious about the pro now.  If it is a dual ba then it could take on the ageing acs t2 for about £100 or so less.  Hopefully my right ear still plays nice er with the silicone then the luck I've had with acryllic!  Mind you someone should tell minerva to redo the website!  Paid rush for it to be done (I've been at this too long now to care, and thanks to all who I've bothered with pm's, you know who you are).

post #3162 of 4077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post

 

...speaking of which, do you know if any info has been released on how the FreqPhase feature works? I haven't seen a patent number for it, or I would have looked at the relevant patent.

tomscy will know more details :)

 

AFAIK they were created with real-time measurements - meaning that signal has been measured while changeing driver placement to achieve flat phase response and proper transient response.

post #3163 of 4077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

The SE5 will be quite different from yiur 3003. They have quite a unique mix IMO. Very natural sounding but with great trebble detail, crazy sub bass, very transparent mids. They are definitely not analytical, more like warm neutral. The Miracles are quite enjoyable and musical, nothing huge in the bass department but nice control and texture. I think the 1plus2 might be slightly more punchy 3003 but I might be wrong as I listened to 3003 inly briefly.

Thanks for the thoughts. I was looking at the SE5 mainly because I've read that it is similar to the LCD-2 and GR07. I did like the signature of both. I thought what I wanted with the K3003 was essentially the HD800s on the go, but realized that I wanted something a bit warmer and "fun." The K3003s are certainly analytical, but they don't "wow" me like I wish they would. I never find myself tapping in foot when I'm listening to music.

At one point I had even considered 1964Ears-V6 just to tone my expectations down a notch and save some cash (maybe room to improve on amp/dac with extra $$). The CIEM market is certainly more saturated than I recall it being a few years back as I began to build my desktop rig.
post #3164 of 4077
Quote:
Originally Posted by piotrus-g View Post

tomscy will know more details :)

 

AFAIK they were created with real-time measurements - meaning that signal has been measured while changeing driver placement to achieve flat phase response and proper transient response.

 

Cheers for the insight. That makes me wonder if they're performing such measurements on each and every pair. I suspect Grzegorz may have been doing something similar with the SE-5 (since long before JH introduced it in their own products), although this is pure speculation on my part.

 

I'm eager to learn more about Freq Phase.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcotton View Post

Should be getting a mi performer on wednesday from Minerva.  They've redone the whole line so it's just two iems now.  The aforementioned performer which is a half shell by default (you can request to have full shell) and the performer pro which apparantly is a redone dual ba.  These supercede the mi 1 2 and 3's.  Curious about the pro now.  If it is a dual ba then it could take on the ageing acs t2 for about £100 or so less.

 

Thanks for the heads-up on the Minerva range update. I must say I dislike the lack of hard specifications listed on the website for the new models.

 

One thing that did look nice though, is the option to have them completed within 48hrs! (at a premium of £50). I know they're big in the hearing aids side of things, and use the latest technology for handling impressions and manufacture of earpieces. Still, 48 hrs is impressive.

 

 


Edited by Mython - 7/8/13 at 2:23pm
post #3165 of 4077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post

 

Cheers for the insight. That makes me wonder if they're performing such measurements on each and every pair. I suspect Grzegorz may have been doing something similar with the SE-5 (since long before JH introduced it in their own products), although this is pure speculation on my part.

 

I'm eager to learn more about Freq Phase.

I don't think they do such measurements from scratch. I mean one you've established the designs all you need to remember is tubing length and size. And measure finished (or almost finished) IEMs to see if they hit target.

I don't know how Grzegorz tune his IEMs so I won't comment on that.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)