Kozee X3 and reshell set to arrive next week and 5 others in the queue for review in the upcoming months...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productACS T1tagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 2/25/11
- productDream Earz AUD-5Xtagged by System, 6/12/12
- productEarSonics EM3-PROtagged by System, 2/25/11
- productHidition NT-6PROtagged by System, 6/12/12
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 2/25/11
- brandKozee Sound Solutionstagged by System, 6/12/12
- productLear LCM-5tagged by System, 3/7/13
- productRooth Lab LS 8tagged by System, 6/12/12
- brandSensaphonicstagged by JackKontney, 7/19/13More
- productSensaphonics 3MAXtagged by JackKontney, 7/19/13
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productSpiral Ear SE 5-Way Referencetagged by System, 6/12/12
- productStarkey SA-43tagged by System, 6/12/12
- productUltimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitorstagged by System, 6/12/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- Custom IEM Review: Heir Audio 8.A – Long live the king Last post on 1/2/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on 8/3/14 at 3:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution? (Review posted 5/15/12) Last post on 10/20/14 at 8:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WTB: JH Audio JH16 FP JH13 FP Freqphase or Roxanne, Noble K10, Hidition NT6 Pro, Rooth LS8+ or... Last post on 4/30/14 at 2:38pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/3/14
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review... - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks! I ordered a custom from one of the companies that makes silicone shelled customs and was told they were nearing completion on a new model, so I am waiting for the product development to be completed. They already have my impressions, and I am looking forward to receiving my first silicone shelled custom.
Thanks for the compliment and the Spiral Ear info!
Thousand Sound said they would apply for a PayPal account dependent on if I think the TS842 is worth recommending to people on head-fi. I figure it will take between 1 to 2 months for that to happen. I have asked if any other payment methods are accepted for international customers.
LOL :) I guess someone went a bit trigger happy as of late :p
I can't wait to get them. My impressions still have not reached Rooth or Thousand Sounds :(
I actually think it's you and I am just playing catch up:
And let's not forget this : http://www.touchmyapps.com/2011/01/25/ces-2011s-best-sonomaxs-soundcage-4-minute-custom-earphone/
Not to mention project86 has a whole lot of customs also.
Yes, and waiting is the hardest part.
Edited by average_joe - 3/14/11 at 8:04am
Well 5 incoming customs means you are catching up real fast. I'll just be a lowly owner of 2 customs :) Either way I'm looking forward to your thoughts on all of them assuming you have enough time/ears to listen to them all :P
Geez AJ. What have you done! Amazing man.
One thought. You could link the different models to appreciation/review threads. If you didn't have enough on your plate already.
@ Anaxilus, it will be fun once they all arrive and some real comparisons can be done! But I am still enjoying what I have now. The X3 is a nice new addition and I am happy to say it is different than the rest. It is somewhat similar to the EM3 Pro, but the EM3 Pro is tuned more like a monitor and the X3 is tuned for enjoyment. Swapping back and forth the bottom end of the X3 is definitely very enhanced, and the sound seems more punchy and exciting. This, of course, if coloration, but great detail is portrayed in a not so monitor like sound. And the space is really really good making albums like Balmorhea and spacious trance tracks give the EP-10 Plus a run for the money in the space department!
But I am trying to give them adequate listening time for my review...and I have no complaints about doing do!
And I did think about adding all the various threads, and maybe in time, but I don't have the time now. I will include links in my summary reviews in the first post though.
- Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 1 second ago
- › WIN Sennheiser HD 800 and a year worth of HDtracks downloads! 4 seconds ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade 7 minutes ago
- › Headband mod for those sensitive to weight on top of head? 8 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro Without Amp 9 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)