Kozee X3 and reshell set to arrive next week and 5 others in the queue for review in the upcoming months...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productACS T1tagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 2/25/11
- productDream Earz AUD-5Xtagged by System, 6/12/12
- productEarSonics EM3-PROtagged by System, 2/25/11
- productHidition NT-6PROtagged by System, 6/12/12
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 2/25/11
- brandKozee Sound Solutionstagged by System, 6/12/12
- productLear LCM-5tagged by System, 3/7/13
- productRooth Lab LS 8tagged by System, 6/12/12
- brandSensaphonicstagged by JackKontney, 7/19/13More
- productSensaphonics 3MAXtagged by JackKontney, 7/19/13
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productSpiral Ear SE 5-Way Referencetagged by System, 6/12/12
- productStarkey SA-43tagged by System, 6/12/12
- productUltimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitorstagged by System, 6/12/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- Custom IEM Review: Heir Audio 8.A – Long live the king Last post on 1/2/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on 1/30/15 at 9:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution? (Review posted 5/15/12) Last post on 3/18/15 at 11:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WTB: JH Audio JH16 FP JH13 FP Freqphase or Roxanne, Noble K10, Hidition NT6 Pro, Rooth LS8+ or... Last post on 4/30/14 at 2:38pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information) - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks! I ordered a custom from one of the companies that makes silicone shelled customs and was told they were nearing completion on a new model, so I am waiting for the product development to be completed. They already have my impressions, and I am looking forward to receiving my first silicone shelled custom.
Thanks for the compliment and the Spiral Ear info!
Thousand Sound said they would apply for a PayPal account dependent on if I think the TS842 is worth recommending to people on head-fi. I figure it will take between 1 to 2 months for that to happen. I have asked if any other payment methods are accepted for international customers.
LOL :) I guess someone went a bit trigger happy as of late :p
I can't wait to get them. My impressions still have not reached Rooth or Thousand Sounds :(
I actually think it's you and I am just playing catch up:
And let's not forget this : http://www.touchmyapps.com/2011/01/25/ces-2011s-best-sonomaxs-soundcage-4-minute-custom-earphone/
Not to mention project86 has a whole lot of customs also.
Yes, and waiting is the hardest part.
Edited by average_joe - 3/14/11 at 8:04am
Well 5 incoming customs means you are catching up real fast. I'll just be a lowly owner of 2 customs :) Either way I'm looking forward to your thoughts on all of them assuming you have enough time/ears to listen to them all :P
Geez AJ. What have you done! Amazing man.
One thought. You could link the different models to appreciation/review threads. If you didn't have enough on your plate already.
@ Anaxilus, it will be fun once they all arrive and some real comparisons can be done! But I am still enjoying what I have now. The X3 is a nice new addition and I am happy to say it is different than the rest. It is somewhat similar to the EM3 Pro, but the EM3 Pro is tuned more like a monitor and the X3 is tuned for enjoyment. Swapping back and forth the bottom end of the X3 is definitely very enhanced, and the sound seems more punchy and exciting. This, of course, if coloration, but great detail is portrayed in a not so monitor like sound. And the space is really really good making albums like Balmorhea and spacious trance tracks give the EP-10 Plus a run for the money in the space department!
But I am trying to give them adequate listening time for my review...and I have no complaints about doing do!
And I did think about adding all the various threads, and maybe in time, but I don't have the time now. I will include links in my summary reviews in the first post though.
- Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 3 pairs of Comply T-200 foam tips 5 seconds ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 34 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 35 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 47 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015) 49 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 1 minute ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2