Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review... - Page 188

post #2806 of 4231

I am still thinking about whether i should go for JH13 Pro FP or Hidition NT6 (Pro)? 

BTW SE5way won't be in my choices due to my small ear canals.

Any ideas? I have UM Miracle right now. Just sold out my Fitear To Go! 334. Its midrange and vocal spoiled me :(

While Miracle is inserted, i can more or less hear some loss of details in the midrange. 


Edited by Alias Gu - 5/14/13 at 6:48am
post #2807 of 4231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias Gu View Post

I am still thinking about whether i should go for JH13 Pro FP or Hidition NT6 (Pro)? 

BTW SE5way won't be in my choices due to my small ear canals.

Any ideas? I have UM Miracle right now. Just sold out my Fitear To Go! 334. Its midrange and vocal spoiled me :(

While Miracle is inserted, i can more or less hear some loss of details in the midrange. 

Never heard of JH13 PRO which I will soon hopefully, but they are both bright CIEMs. My guess is NT6 (or NT6 Pro) will be brighter and has more bass capability and rumble wink.gif.

post #2808 of 4231
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post

Never heard of JH13 PRO which I will soon hopefully, but they are both bright CIEMs. My guess is NT6 (or NT6 Pro) will be brighter and has more bass capability and rumble wink.gif.

Bright or not is really not major problem, (sometimes a over bright sound can make the sound very exciting) but fatigue of the bright sound will be a very huge problem to me. And usually a bright cold sound is also a very analytical  and boring. However, Average Joe said even though NT6(Pro) is quite analytical, it is still musical. That's the reason why i am thinking about NT6Pro, though it's a bit beyond my limited budget.


Edited by Alias Gu - 5/14/13 at 7:27am
post #2809 of 4231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias Gu View Post

I am still thinking about whether i should go for JH13 Pro FP or Hidition NT6 (Pro)? 

BTW SE5way won't be in my choices due to my small ear canals.

Any ideas? I have UM Miracle right now. Just sold out my Fitear To Go! 334. Its midrange and vocal spoiled me :(

While Miracle is inserted, i can more or less hear some loss of details in the midrange. 

 

The only person I know of who has the FreqPhase JH13 as well as the Hidition is ljokerl. You might ask him about it. 

post #2810 of 4231
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post

Never heard of JH13 PRO which I will soon hopefully, but they are both bright CIEMs. My guess is NT6 (or NT6 Pro) will be brighter and has more bass capability and rumble wink.gif.

 

So you've never heard the JH13, but you're stating that it is a bright CIEM?

post #2811 of 4231
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monkey View Post

 

So you've never heard the JH13, but you're stating that it is a bright CIEM?

 

Yeah that raised an eyebrow with me as well. "I haven't heard it, but I bet this other one is better!" What a strange thing to say...

post #2812 of 4231
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post

 

The only person I know of who has the FreqPhase JH13 as well as the Hidition is ljokerl. You might ask him about it. 

But Joker doesn't have NT6Pro.

Average Joe wrote NT6Pro is in his top three, but really not many people heard this CIEM. So kinda very hard to make decision among these three (JH13Pro, NT6 and NT6Pro)

post #2813 of 4231

Custom IEM buying is still a bit of a leap of faith.

post #2814 of 4231
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias Gu View Post

Bright or not is really not major problem, (sometimes a over bright sound can make the sound very exciting) but fatigue of the bright sound will be a very huge problem to me. And usually a bright cold sound is also a very analytical  and boring. However, Average Joe said even though NT6(Pro) is quite analytical, it is still musical. That's the reason why i am thinking about NT6Pro, though it's a bit beyond my limited budget.

 

The NT-6 Pro has enough deep bass boost and a bit more warmth than the NT-6 plus a more liquid yet even clearer sound to make it exciting, fun and musical.  I do hope to hear the JH13 FP at some point since it seems like it could be a winner as well.  If budget is really a concern, the Rooth LS6 is something to consider (HFi can give a head-fi discount).

post #2815 of 4231
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post

 

The NT-6 Pro has enough deep bass boost and a bit more warmth than the NT-6 plus a more liquid yet even clearer sound to make it exciting, fun and musical.  I do hope to hear the JH13 FP at some point since it seems like it could be a winner as well.  If budget is really a concern, the Rooth LS6 is something to consider (HFi can give a head-fi discount).

I guess i have enough budget for either JH13 Pro FP or NT6 Pro. I have to pick up one of them. What a tough choice. 

Do you think NT6 Pro is at same level as SE 5way? Or either one is better.

post #2816 of 4231
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias Gu View Post

I guess i have enough budget for either JH13 Pro FP or NT6 Pro. I have to pick up one of them. What a tough choice. 

Do you think NT6 Pro is at same level as SE 5way? Or either one is better.

 

They (the NT-6 pro and SE5) both sound quite different, so which is "better" will differ for people.  Their strengths are very different, but both perform at a very high level and do certain things better than anything else I have heard.

post #2817 of 4231
Lol I knew i was going to get reaction like that. Easy guys, I am just trying to be helpful here by after reading you guys' reviews. Cuz thee isn't a lot of people here to talk about things generally. A guess is a guess based on lots of reading. just like I might guess jh16 is bass heavy. I am not saying which one is better. I said things about NT6 just because I find it very bright and the bass capacity is huge that's all, no hyping, sorry if I offend someone by letting them think nt6 has better bass or treble (when I think nt6 isn't a extreme balanced CIEM)wink.gif I never wanted to say 13 is worse when I so want to try it!
Edited by tupac0306 - 5/15/13 at 1:26am
post #2818 of 4231

This is what I find from erji.net. A thread originally made by a guy from Hongkong kevin_cartier

I found it's quite useful, specially for people who wants to get a basic idea of Compact Ear Stage CIEMs, so I borrow it to here.normal_smile%20.gif

 

 

                                    1                         2           3            4            5            6           7            8            9           10          11

 

1. number of drivers,

2. treble resolution,

3. treble brightness, 

4. mid resolution, 

5. mid density,

6. bass reproduction,

7. bass depth,

8. coherence? (not sure, basically how bass, mid, and treble are balanced, and presented),

9. soundstage,  

10. speed, 

11. note decay.

 

TF is for FP

 

8 and 6 for the last two rows for 1964 V6

 

 

 


Edited by tupac0306 - 5/15/13 at 2:46am
post #2819 of 4231
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post

This is what I find from erji.net. A thread originally made by a guy from Hongkong kevin_cartier

I found it's quite useful, specially for people who wants to get a basic idea of Compact Ear Stage CIEMs, so I borrow it to here.normal_smile%20.gif

 

 

                                    1                         2           3            4            5            6           7            8            9           10          11

 

1. number of drivers,

2. treble resolution,

3. treble brightness, 

4. mid resolution, 

5. mid density,

6. bass reproduction,

7. bass depth,

8. coherence? (not sure, basically how bass, mid, and treble are balanced, and presented),

9. soundstage,  

10. speed, 

11. note decay.

 

TF is for FP

 

8 and 6 for the last two rows for 1964 V6

 

 

 

Please do not trick people here. The guy used original AK100 (unmoded) to test these CIEMs or DEMO. I don't think AK100 is quite referenced. Its high impedance drives everyone crazy. So at least, the bass part won't be very meaningful to us.

post #2820 of 4231
I didn't read too much about the source part. But true ak100 isn't referenced for most CIEMs. No DAP will be perfect for all these ciems with different sensitivities. But if the ciems are all tested with one background point, at least the relative comparison tells something about how they can perform with similar current/voltage.

damn.. People are aggressive nowadays..I know you all probably all expert, but you need to let people get involved in sharing opinions and disscusion.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)