Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review... - Page 179

post #2671 of 3946
Thread Starter 

The Alclair Reference Master name has been changed to the Reference, and the RSM is an improvement in every way.  Of course, the UE PRM is a big step up from the RSM, if that is the reference you are talking about, but the IERM is another story.  My RSM has gone back to Alclair as Marc improved the tweeter, so I will get the newer version in the near future. You can see how things stack up purely from a technical perspective here.

 

If you look at my manufacturers list, one US company I think you may want to consider is Dream Earz, but the sound signature may be too bass oriented for your taste.

post #2672 of 3946

Looks like there are more companies making CIEMs around, this time in Portugal:

Catalog: http://soundfusion.pt/images/Catalogo%20geral%20SF%202012.pdf

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LAESoundFusion

 

Looks like they have a single, triple, and quad driver in their lineup...

post #2673 of 3946
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post

The Alclair Reference Master name has been changed to the Reference, [snip]

I am seeing $100 off on the Reference at the Alclair website.

post #2674 of 3946
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkteo View Post

I am seeing $100 off on the Reference at the Alclair website.


That's been the going price for many months.  It would be nice if Alclair repriced their RSM lower so it was more competetive  with other North American quad driver customs (i.e. Clear Tunes, 1964 Ears).

post #2675 of 3946

I ended up getting the UE Reference Monitors (the first one that came out that replaced the UE10 in their lineup). I was at a meet earlier today and they had them for 20% off and gave me a coupon for an audiologist in Manhattan so the impressions are covered as well. 

post #2676 of 3946
Very cool great deal . Is the dr Julie Glick ?
post #2677 of 3946

Yes that's the one.

 

I'll probably try for next week but might have to take off half the day since I doubt she works Saturday but I'll find out Monday when I call her. I'm pretty excited however. I never liked the UE universals much before they changed it to the UE900 and whatever else is in that lineup if any. The Reference Monitors demo was pretty spot on what I wanted and it can go only get better with a proper fit.

post #2678 of 3946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviltooth View Post


That's been the going price for many months.  It would be nice if Alclair repriced their RSM lower so it was more competetive  with other North American quad driver customs (i.e. Clear Tunes, 1964 Ears).

+1

post #2679 of 3946
You can email her go to her website google her name .
Also she has the line there to demo even UE PRM also Jerry Harvey and another one with an s

I am going there on Monday to get two sets done.

Good luck I was going to the. Meet but could not attend business related

AL.D..
post #2680 of 3946
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post

Looks like there are more companies making CIEMs around, this time in Portugal:

Catalog: http://soundfusion.pt/images/Catalogo%20geral%20SF%202012.pdf

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LAESoundFusion

 

Looks like they have a single, triple, and quad driver in their lineup...


Lol on their Facebook page

 

post #2681 of 3946
I'll have to contact the Portuguese company as I live in Portugal, could be interesting.
post #2682 of 3946
A new, very cheap dual driver hybrid custom by Rooth! Any kind sir wants to plunge in and share impressions?
http://store.treoo.com/main/rooth-null-audio-elpis-2-drivers-hybrid-custom-in-ear-monitor.html#.UXSrS6PmjFp
post #2683 of 3946
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkid View Post

I'll have to contact the Portuguese company as I live in Portugal, could be interesting.

 

Please let us know if you get any additional information.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7nationarmy View Post

A new, very cheap dual driver hybrid custom by Rooth! Any kind sir wants to plunge in and share impressions?
http://store.treoo.com/main/rooth-null-audio-elpis-2-drivers-hybrid-custom-in-ear-monitor.html#.UXSrS6PmjFp

 

That is a very low price, and the graphs look quite good.

post #2684 of 3946
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7nationarmy View Post

A new, very cheap dual driver hybrid custom by Rooth! Any kind sir wants to plunge in and share impressions?
http://store.treoo.com/main/rooth-null-audio-elpis-2-drivers-hybrid-custom-in-ear-monitor.html#.UXSrS6PmjFp

Just ordered one, may write my first review on them and compare them to my flagships :D

post #2685 of 3946

It mentions the shell being 3D printed... interesting. I wonder what the result is like and how it compares to "traditional" shells.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)