Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review... - Page 174

post #2596 of 4438

And no I was not being a parrot , why are some people here so snotty . I'm not disagreeing with anyone here .  I just asked a question that's all.

post #2597 of 4438
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

And no I was not being a parrot , why are some people here so snotty . I'm not disagreeing with anyone here .  I just asked a question that's all.


Don't let people get you down! smily_headphones1.gif It's a very reasonable question. If you are looking at orthostatic headphones, maybe think about the paradox (if you don't already have it)? Here's a review http://www.headfonia.com/an-expensive-cheap-headphone-a-paradox/

post #2598 of 4438

He meant zhangjiaqinelly, who may be a spammer.  Spammers sometimes cut-and-paste other posts to build up post count before spamming.

post #2599 of 4438

Thanks kunlun great  article

post #2600 of 4438

You're welcome.

post #2601 of 4438

My "sound signature" is definitely more basic than many of the posters here...hehe.  My music collection is vast (roughly 30K songs currently) but spans nearly every genre.  I'm not a basshead but prefer a sound that has bass yet hits all of the other areas as well, midrange, etc.  

 

My reasons for getting into CEIM are simple, I want to be able to hear all parts of the song fully without having to blast the music (further damage my hearing).  So I am trying my best to absorb everything I am reading to make sure I make the best selection possible.  I wanted to keep the price around $300 but was having trouble fitting my wish list in on a set in that range (removeable cord, at least duals, CEIM).  So I am willing to spend a TAD more to get exactly what I want.

 

So any help I can get, I appreciate.  

 

Mython I will check out the DreamEarz.  Thanks for the recommend.

post #2602 of 4438
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

Sorry for confusing question. I meant to be asking what his views on the lcd3 are bybaudeeze . And was asking for his thoughts , and I remarked my intension on buying the SE5 from spiral ear. 

 

Hope I cleared things up for all..

 

Unfortunately, I haven't heard the LCD-3 yet, so I can't say.  You do have many CIEMs, so a headphone might be a nice change, but then you will need to source it properly.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzTeaze View Post

My "sound signature" is definitely more basic than many of the posters here...hehe.  My music collection is vast (roughly 30K songs currently) but spans nearly every genre.  I'm not a basshead but prefer a sound that has bass yet hits all of the other areas as well, midrange, etc.  

 

My reasons for getting into CEIM are simple, I want to be able to hear all parts of the song fully without having to blast the music (further damage my hearing).  So I am trying my best to absorb everything I am reading to make sure I make the best selection possible.  I wanted to keep the price around $300 but was having trouble fitting my wish list in on a set in that range (removeable cord, at least duals, CEIM).  So I am willing to spend a TAD more to get exactly what I want.

 

So any help I can get, I appreciate.  

 

Mython I will check out the DreamEarz.  Thanks for the recommend.

 

The Alclair Reference is $400 and has a relatively balanced sound while not lacking anywhere.  The 5X is a step up but then it also has more of everything across the frequency spectrum, and what I mean by that is there is more bass capability, more forward mids, and a brighter sound.  You may also want to think about the Rooth LS3 as the sound signature is not lacking in any way and very musical and balanced.  The Reference is more laid back and analytical than the LS3 and the 5X more punchy and mid-forward with a bass leaning presentation in comparison.  If you are interested, Tomo may still be providing head-fi discounts.

post #2603 of 4438
Thanks as I live in usa NYC I will try and see who has those headphones
post #2604 of 4438
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post

 

 

In comparison with the IERM, the NT-6 is colder throughout the spectrum and I think the IERM is with more body down low and into the midrange. I would say the IERM is warmer than neutral and the UE900 is warmer and more bass enhanced than the IERM..  

 

That's odd though. I compared my UERM to the ER4P, and the ER4P actually sounds warmer than the UERM! Perhaps the standard deviation of UE's manufacturing is quite large..

post #2605 of 4438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xymordos View Post  That's odd though. I compared my UERM to the ER4P, and the ER4P actually sounds warmer than the UERM! Perhaps the standard deviation of UE's manufacturing is quite large..


Warmth in which way? Extra presence of mid-bass/lower midrange? Less peaky treble response? It's important to identify how you personally characterize 'warmth', before suggesting that UE doesn't QC their monitors properly.

post #2606 of 4438

I think I can say whatever I want if it is my personal opinions. I don't think I need to list any reason for something sounding warm or cold. If it sounds warm to me, I'll say its warm. ER4P is less clear compared to the UERM, and the UERM highs is much more noticeable. Feels like a sword slashing through the air, flying at you. ER4P also have more bass, and sounds fuller than the UERM. UERM mid range is quite thin IMO, though you don't notice it for male vocals, you do notice the thinness for female vocals.

post #2607 of 4438
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xymordos View Post

 

That's odd though. I compared my UERM to the ER4P, and the ER4P actually sounds warmer than the UERM! Perhaps the standard deviation of UE's manufacturing is quite large..

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xymordos View Post

I think I can say whatever I want if it is my personal opinions. I don't think I need to list any reason for something sounding warm or cold. If it sounds warm to me, I'll say its warm. ER4P is less clear compared to the UERM, and the UERM highs is much more noticeable. Feels like a sword slashing through the air, flying at you. ER4P also have more bass, and sounds fuller than the UERM. UERM mid range is quite thin IMO, though you don't notice it for male vocals, you do notice the thinness for female vocals.

 

It would really surprise me if there was a large standard deviation, however it does sound like you may not have a good fit from the IERM.  I have noticed what I consider fairly large changes in the lower end from slight changes to the fit.  I had issues with my NT-6 pro as it sounded thinner and more analytical/harsh than the NT-6, but with a reshell all that was fixed (long story as to why the fit was the way it was).  I did a comparison and my IERM is thicker in the midrange, especially with male vocals.  Female vocals sound different because the IERM is brighter, but I wouldn't say they are thinner, and actually I would say the contrary.  At times bass is similar as is warmth, but when the notes are more sustained, the ER4 falls behind.  

 

If you put pressure on the IERMs while in your ears and cover your ears with your hands, does the sound change at all?  The more experience I have, the more I realize how critical fit is.  It is difficult to tell sometimes because there is a seal, but the fit still isn't ideal and the sound isn't what it could be, at least in my experiences.  Also, I tried to make sure I wasn't hearing the ER4 differently because of tips.

 

Also, you were using the ER4P for comparison, not the ER4+bass driver customs, right?

 

 

post #2608 of 4438

Yup, I used the ER4P in a shop as comparison, and they had a good fit and is working properly. I remembered the ER4P as my first hi-fi IEMs so I decided to have a good listen of them again, and compared to my IERM. I am sure that my IERM have a good fit, because there is a very strong suction feeling to it. The sound, of course, might be due to my player I use on the move, since it is a Sony A844, it is slightly cold. But the UERM itself feels cold (only slightly this time) even on the m-Stage, where the ER4P is warmer on the A844 in comparison.There are a lot of factors in this, such as the songs I listen to as well. Indeed IERM can sustain bass notes better than the ER4P, but the ER4P hits harder and actually has looser bass imo, which makes me feel like its sound is warmer. My opinions will probably be different on an ER4S. Plugging it into a portable tube amp will make the sound considerably warmer. I believe its the source and amp matching that makes the difference in sound signatures, since the UERM is very neutral, and can be affected easily by the source. However, from my listening, the ER4P sounds warmer than the UERM to me.


Edited by Xymordos - 3/6/13 at 1:59am
post #2609 of 4438
Absolutely outstanding thread AJ ;-) Will be purchasing my customs in late April/early May in a very much informed manner as a result of reading your thread (and a couple others).
post #2610 of 4438

Do you know about 1964 v6.How anout compair jh13?or em?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)