Recent Images In This Thread
- productACS T1tagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 2/25/11
- productDream Earz AUD-5Xtagged by System, 6/12/12
- productEarSonics EM3-PROtagged by System, 2/25/11
- productHidition NT-6PROtagged by System, 6/12/12
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 2/25/11
- brandKozee Sound Solutionstagged by System, 6/12/12
- productLear LCM-5tagged by System, 3/7/13
- productRooth Lab LS 8tagged by System, 6/12/12
- brandSensaphonicstagged by JackKontney, 7/19/13More
- productSensaphonics 3MAXtagged by JackKontney, 7/19/13
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productSpiral Ear SE 5-Way Referencetagged by System, 6/12/12
- productStarkey SA-43tagged by System, 6/12/12
- productUltimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitorstagged by System, 6/12/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- Custom IEM Review: Heir Audio 8.A – Long live the king Last post on 1/2/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on 8/3/14 at 3:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution? (Review posted 5/15/12) Last post on 9/17/14 at 11:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WTB: JH Audio JH16 FP JH13 FP Freqphase or Roxanne, Noble K10, Hidition NT6 Pro, Rooth LS8+ or... Last post on 4/30/14 at 2:38pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/3/14
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review... - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Wow it's been a while since I went to this thread and it's becoming pretty crazy...lots of customs and exciting stuff
average_joe: it's like you get a new custom every couple of weeks :P Also that last custom frequency chart you posted last page seems very similar to the custom I got from UM..I think it was the Rooth LS8? I wonder how it will sound to you and looking forward to your reviews :)
I might be able to get the first part of the TS842 review up tonight...I will try. I have been extra busy and all my spare time has been listening and comparing.
The LS8 is nice and I like it but I have been sticking to the $500 to $600 range lately with the TS842 review and have two more coming in that range. Both shipped, the DRM Earz DRM 4X and the Minerva Mi-3 (I can't wait to see the art work), but I have no idea when I will receive either. The 4X should have arrived yesterday according to the USPS site and I am guessing the Mi-3 will arrive in a week or so. Also, some day I will get the JH16; Adam at Kozee is making sure the sound signature is exactly the same as when I sent it to him. And I will have two from Starkey coming sometime in the near future along with another I am not at liberty to disclose.
I have been holding off sending my 5-way back as I wanted to listen to the JH16 before sending it back, but maybe I should have just sent it. I have started the 5-way review, but think it might be best to get the rework done before I post the final review as there are two conditions when I wear them: comfortable but lacking a little in the deep bass and uncomfortable/painful, but oh so amazing. All of this is taking longer than I anticipated!
First post updated with TS842 information also.
Edited by average_joe - 5/10/11 at 11:21pm
I have this feeling that Rooth really is from UM as well. Nobody has just confirmed it yet. Anyway, good luck on the upcoming reviews Joe. I don't want to be in your shoes with all those custom iems.
Hidition added to the manufacturer page. Their site doesn't seem to have the NT6 and I have to go by Google translate for information, so not all that sure about the offerings. I did find 2 reviews, the NT6 (well, pictures) and the NT2.
Rooth = UM? Maybe, and from what I remember hearing someone left UM and started Rooth, then left Rooth and started yet another company, Gui Ling custom headset.
I remember I've managed somehow to visit their online store and was able to see the whole offer.
They also have NT (single driver) NT3 (triple driver 3way). I don't remember the prices though.
They also offer remolding AFAIR for smothing about ~$100
Thanks for the additional information; I will update the manufacturer page with any store links you can provide.
- I have been listening to the 5-way and LS8 today and have updated the info in the first post for both.
- Waiting for the cables to burn in before testing with the TS842. I am using the EM3 Pro to burn in the Crystal cable and while it fits, the connectors are not very secure.
- I received my DRM Earz 4X but will be sending them back due to a fit issue.
- Minerva Mi-3 is on the way. They weren't happy with how the graphics turned out on one channel so they redid them causing a day delay. But I am happy they wanted to get them right before sending them to me; I haven't seen any pictures so I will be very surprised.
- Starkey shipped the SA-43 and SA-12 canal phone; very quick turn around.
As Anaxilus said, I think I need more ears!
Oh, and I will be getting a new reference DAC in the near future (2-3 weeks or so). Once you get high end headphones you realize your weak links in the chain (AKA thanks Spiral Ear!).
A+ thread this. Look forward to the Minerva impressions, as I'm pushing my mum to get some cheap(ish) customs as a long term investment and they would probably fit the bill! Also looking forward to hearing your JH16 impressions, particularly as I'm v. curious to see how it compares to both the Spiral Ears and any of the dynamic drivers in the low-end department. I think I'm obsessed bass lol.
Just read this thread for the first time in a long time when it was first started - wow, very nice! I also love the writeup about how to interpret a review - that stuff should be required reading for just about anybody new to head-fi and this audio hobby.
About Rooth and UM, this was posted back in November:
- Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Stax Thread III 45 seconds ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 47 seconds ago
- › Toronto Winter Meet 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 11 minutes ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 12 minutes ago
- › How to add DAC to my setup? 13 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 14 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)