Recent Images In This Thread
- productACS T1tagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 2/25/11
- productDream Earz AUD-5Xtagged by System, 6/12/12
- productEarSonics EM3-PROtagged by System, 2/25/11
- productHidition NT-6PROtagged by System, 6/12/12
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 2/25/11
- brandKozee Sound Solutionstagged by System, 6/12/12
- productLear LCM-5tagged by System, 3/7/13
- productRooth Lab LS 8tagged by System, 6/12/12
- brandSensaphonicstagged by JackKontney, 7/19/13More
- productSensaphonics 3MAXtagged by JackKontney, 7/19/13
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productSpiral Ear SE 5-Way Referencetagged by System, 6/12/12
- productStarkey SA-43tagged by System, 6/12/12
- productUltimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitorstagged by System, 6/12/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- Custom IEM Review: Heir Audio 8.A – Long live the king Last post on 1/2/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on 7/9/15 at 11:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution? (Review posted 5/15/12) Last post on 5/3/15 at 7:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WTB: JH Audio JH16 FP JH13 FP Freqphase or Roxanne, Noble K10, Hidition NT6 Pro, Rooth LS8+ or... Last post on 4/30/14 at 2:38pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 6/26/15
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
REVIEW FOR THE APOGEE GROOVE ABOUT ME Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in highschool. I don’t consider myself an...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I’ve been lucky on my Head-Fi journey to meet and converse with some wonderful people who...
I tried these from a shop, they did look very nice when first spotted. I wanted some nice speakers to use with my laptop, and that could be transported if I was going away for some time. The...
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information) - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Wow it's been a while since I went to this thread and it's becoming pretty crazy...lots of customs and exciting stuff
average_joe: it's like you get a new custom every couple of weeks :P Also that last custom frequency chart you posted last page seems very similar to the custom I got from UM..I think it was the Rooth LS8? I wonder how it will sound to you and looking forward to your reviews :)
I might be able to get the first part of the TS842 review up tonight...I will try. I have been extra busy and all my spare time has been listening and comparing.
The LS8 is nice and I like it but I have been sticking to the $500 to $600 range lately with the TS842 review and have two more coming in that range. Both shipped, the DRM Earz DRM 4X and the Minerva Mi-3 (I can't wait to see the art work), but I have no idea when I will receive either. The 4X should have arrived yesterday according to the USPS site and I am guessing the Mi-3 will arrive in a week or so. Also, some day I will get the JH16; Adam at Kozee is making sure the sound signature is exactly the same as when I sent it to him. And I will have two from Starkey coming sometime in the near future along with another I am not at liberty to disclose.
I have been holding off sending my 5-way back as I wanted to listen to the JH16 before sending it back, but maybe I should have just sent it. I have started the 5-way review, but think it might be best to get the rework done before I post the final review as there are two conditions when I wear them: comfortable but lacking a little in the deep bass and uncomfortable/painful, but oh so amazing. All of this is taking longer than I anticipated!
First post updated with TS842 information also.
Edited by average_joe - 5/10/11 at 11:21pm
I have this feeling that Rooth really is from UM as well. Nobody has just confirmed it yet. Anyway, good luck on the upcoming reviews Joe. I don't want to be in your shoes with all those custom iems.
Hidition added to the manufacturer page. Their site doesn't seem to have the NT6 and I have to go by Google translate for information, so not all that sure about the offerings. I did find 2 reviews, the NT6 (well, pictures) and the NT2.
Rooth = UM? Maybe, and from what I remember hearing someone left UM and started Rooth, then left Rooth and started yet another company, Gui Ling custom headset.
I remember I've managed somehow to visit their online store and was able to see the whole offer.
They also have NT (single driver) NT3 (triple driver 3way). I don't remember the prices though.
They also offer remolding AFAIR for smothing about ~$100
Thanks for the additional information; I will update the manufacturer page with any store links you can provide.
- I have been listening to the 5-way and LS8 today and have updated the info in the first post for both.
- Waiting for the cables to burn in before testing with the TS842. I am using the EM3 Pro to burn in the Crystal cable and while it fits, the connectors are not very secure.
- I received my DRM Earz 4X but will be sending them back due to a fit issue.
- Minerva Mi-3 is on the way. They weren't happy with how the graphics turned out on one channel so they redid them causing a day delay. But I am happy they wanted to get them right before sending them to me; I haven't seen any pictures so I will be very surprised.
- Starkey shipped the SA-43 and SA-12 canal phone; very quick turn around.
As Anaxilus said, I think I need more ears!
Oh, and I will be getting a new reference DAC in the near future (2-3 weeks or so). Once you get high end headphones you realize your weak links in the chain (AKA thanks Spiral Ear!).
A+ thread this. Look forward to the Minerva impressions, as I'm pushing my mum to get some cheap(ish) customs as a long term investment and they would probably fit the bill! Also looking forward to hearing your JH16 impressions, particularly as I'm v. curious to see how it compares to both the Spiral Ears and any of the dynamic drivers in the low-end department. I think I'm obsessed bass lol.
Just read this thread for the first time in a long time when it was first started - wow, very nice! I also love the writeup about how to interpret a review - that stuff should be required reading for just about anybody new to head-fi and this audio hobby.
About Rooth and UM, this was posted back in November:
- Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Headphones for bluray movies please 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-1000 Review 2 minutes ago
- › Angstrom 200 Surround Sound Processor / DAC / Preamp (90's vintage) 3 minutes ago
- › Please help! HD700's - Lyr 2 vs Valhalla 2? 4 minutes ago
- › Beresford Capella Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › What Do You Do When It Starts Raining? 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3