or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information) - Page 96

post #1426 of 4815
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post

Of course I had to listen to these things, and Merlin's they are not, at least not the demo I heard.


Sir, 

 

This is an official warning regarding your excessive teasing habits. Please amend your ways, or you'll make kitten cries.

 

Sincerely,

 

The Comity

post #1427 of 4815
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinocelt View Post

Sir, 

 

This is an official warning regarding your excessive teasing habits. Please amend your ways, or you'll make kitten cries.

 

Sincerely,

 

The Comity


Wait, I will make kitten cries (and I thought there was another member that did that), or I will make you make kitten cries to hear how the LS-X5 performs?  

post #1428 of 4815

Sorry I meant the part about Ambient Acoustics

post #1429 of 4815
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post

Wait, I will make kitten cries (and I thought there was another member that did that), or I will make you make kitten cries to hear how the LS-X5 performs?  


If you keep teasing us, kittens will cry, angels will wail, and French people will complain (but nobody will notice a difference).

 

post #1430 of 4815

what styles of music are you listening on the 5-way? I find the bass coming from BA Drivers to be good but usually cant really go deep.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post

IMG_1178.jpg

 

Finally!! Got my 5 way today after 3 months!

 

All I can say is they are worth every minute of the waiting indeed! The silicon material is so soft which gives you really good isolation and fit!  They are in my ears almost all the time since they arrived! They a bit hard to insert, but very easy to pull out.

 

I don't need to add anything about the sound. Average joe's review covers possibly all aspects accurately! I hear almost everything he said! 5 way simply blew me away. Super high resolution. I completely agree with the review on the bass! It goes to just the right depth. It can go really deep when it needs to. The sound absolutely reach (if not surpass) the level of LCD 2 (except the open space feel).

 

The cable has a little bit longer pins than Twag cables. But Twag cable fits really well. I haven't spend much time on Twag cable yet. I didn't feel much instant noticable difference when I switch between cables though.

 

 

 
 
 


 

post #1431 of 4815
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xymordos View Post

Sorry I meant the part about Ambient Acoustics


No changes there either, they are listed in the first post and the manufacturers section.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinocelt View Post

If you keep teasing us, kittens will cry, angels will wail, and French people will complain (but nobody will notice a difference).


OK then, mission accomplished!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmiamihk View Post

what styles of music are you listening on the 5-way? I find the bass coming from BA Drivers to be good but usually cant really go deep.


You can check out my test tracks at the bottom of this post.  I listen to a range when I am not listening to those test tracks and have some pretty deep bass heavy tracks.  There may be a fit issue.  What are you powering the 5-way with, what tracks are you having issues with, and what are you comparing it with?

post #1432 of 4815

I do not have the 5-way but I might like them but I am interested in a hybrid.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post

 


No changes there either, they are listed in the first post and the manufacturers section.

 


OK then, mission accomplished!

 


You can check out my test tracks at the bottom of this post.  I listen to a range when I am not listening to those test tracks and have some pretty deep bass heavy tracks.  There may be a fit issue.  What are you powering the 5-way with, what tracks are you having issues with, and what are you comparing it with?



 

post #1433 of 4815

Oh sorry,  I must have missed it in the first post haha!

I might try the TS433 from thousand sound, or the ambient acoustic if your review is positive :P

 

Weird, there isn't much discussion on Alien Ears here is there? They seem quite big on the net o.O

post #1434 of 4815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xymordos View Post

Oh sorry,  I must have missed it in the first post haha!

I might try the TS433 from thousand sound, or the ambient acoustic if your review is positive :P

 

Weird, there isn't much discussion on Alien Ears here is there? They seem quite big on the net o.O


Alien Ears is big on marketing.... Not sound quality or customer service though. They must pay big bucks because they come up at the top of almost any search related to custom IEMs. I used to have their triple driver and it was not very good. I thought maybe it was just me, but I've heard from lots of people with similar impressions, and very few who disagreed. There are some older threads around here with some horror stories about customer service, Kozee style.
post #1435 of 4815
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post

OK then, mission accomplished!


I see. You too wish to commit suicide via cat lovers.

 

post #1436 of 4815

Alright, thanks for the warning! 

looks like I'm crossing them off my consideration list now!

post #1437 of 4815

mark,impressed

post #1438 of 4815

I found this www.earmonitorsaustralia.com

They said they have one driver up to a 6 way system. Starting at $660 AUS for a one driver. (Shockingly expensive) 

Anyone daring to try? :D

post #1439 of 4815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xymordos View Post

I found this www.earmonitorsaustralia.com

They said they have one driver up to a 6 way system. Starting at $660 AUS for a one driver. (Shockingly expensive) 

Anyone daring to try? :D


*IF* they are charging that price (and I only have your word on that) for a single-driver CIEM, they can go 'walkabout', coz they ain't gettin' my money! $660 AUS, at current exchange rate (xe. com) equates to $680 USD.

I did notice on their 'generic' earpiece page that they consider their T-shirts to be worth $40. That's a pretty disingenuous price to charge someone for the 'privilege' of ADVERTISING your own products, guys!

"One born every minute..."


Perhaps EMA will be willing to step up to the plate and provide average_joe / Project86 / Joker with a demo unit to show why they think they should charge so much for a single-driver CIEM? It'd be most interesting to see how this compares to what $680 bucks will buy someone in the USA marketplace...
Edited by Mython - 4/18/12 at 11:09am
post #1440 of 4815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xymordos View Post

I found this www.earmonitorsaustralia.com

They said they have one driver up to a 6 way system. Starting at $660 AUS for a one driver. (Shockingly expensive) 

Anyone daring to try? :D

LOL at pics quality. They definitely know that people buy with their eyes :D

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)