Excellent work Joe! Very useful thread.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productACS T1tagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 2/25/11
- productDream Earz AUD-5Xtagged by System, 6/12/12
- productEarSonics EM3-PROtagged by System, 2/25/11
- productHidition NT-6PROtagged by System, 6/12/12
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 2/25/11
- brandKozee Sound Solutionstagged by System, 6/12/12
- productLear LCM-5tagged by System, 3/7/13
- productRooth Lab LS 8tagged by System, 6/12/12
- brandSensaphonicstagged by JackKontney, 7/19/13More
- productSensaphonics 3MAXtagged by JackKontney, 7/19/13
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productSpiral Ear SE 5-Way Referencetagged by System, 6/12/12
- productStarkey SA-43tagged by System, 6/12/12
- productUltimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitorstagged by System, 6/12/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- Custom IEM Review: Heir Audio 8.A – Long live the king Last post on 1/2/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on 6/23/16 at 3:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution? (Review posted 5/15/12) Last post on 6/16/16 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WTB: JH Audio JH16 FP JH13 FP Freqphase or Roxanne, Noble K10, Hidition NT6 Pro, Rooth LS8+ or... Last post on 4/30/14 at 2:38pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/25/15
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I want to shout out to Mark (Head-Fier d marc0) for working with Ken Ball from...
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information) - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Model (Acrylic) SA-32 LIVE,SA-32,SA-22 Acoustic,SA-22,SA-12,SA-11i
Model (Elacin® ER FlexComfort) ERM-1,ERM-2,ERM-3,ERM-5. Ps you have to buy Elacin® ER FlexComfort plug to use ERM.
The good thing about Elacin® ER FlexComfort you can use it as musicians earplugs/concert and just buy acoustic filters providing 9dB*, 15dB or 25dB.
2-year warranty on parts & labor and atleast 30 days refit.
When i buyed the shipping price is included plus molding but i dont know how it workes with buys from another country.
Might be good enough with what you already have.
This is my personal impressions of Starkey and service that they provide.
First of all i wanna start off with there service, i went to there store.
They offer me to tryout SA-12 and SA-22, at that time i had Monster Turbine Gold.
Soundwise it was so good that i sold my Monsters the day after.
I buyed ERM-3(sounds similar to sa-12) because it was cheaper and didnt have the money for SA-43.
After 2 months i lost my ear plug and told then what happend.
They offer that i could upgrade my ERM-3 to SA-43, i didnt have to pay the full price.
Because could use the elements that are already in ERM-3.
The best customer service I have ever experience.
I just got mine few weeks ago,it is so soild build and sounds so amazing good.
Compare to MTPG it has better music separation, detail and clarity.
The word airy never striked me with MTPG, never really understod it that the sound could sound airy is a good thing or bad?
Now im sitting with this expensive SA-43, finally! now i know that they are talking about this airy sound.
It has more depth in the sound every sweet tone is just melting together and becomes this sweet candy you always wanted.
Tones can swings it natural course because it has more space to breath in.
Vocals is beautiful so much better then in MTPG, always feelt it lack it.
They filled the inside of the shell with silicon so the drivers inside gets more protection against shock, but the silicon is also used for extra isolation from your surroundings
Noise isolation -30dB Best isolation i ever came across.
As an industry first it has two switches on the faceplate that lets you customize the level of bass and presence in your mix.
And if you choose a custom from Starkey, that truly means custom - if you prefer you can choose to have only one switch, or none at all.
Best to have both and later on for small fee they can rebuild with none, just the way you want it.
This what differs mine from Navea that i have both of the switch.
One Switch for extra bass driver and the other one is for extra presence/treble.
How cool isnt that, i really like this option.
I dont know if Navea build is SA-43 with extra presence/treble on or off.
But with extra presence/treble on it gets more airier soundstage,vocals shines,detail,abit brighter,gain abit volum boost.
Sound signatur of SA-43 by my ears and played by Sony X:
Beautiful neutral with a perfect tight and deep bass response, can be adjusted with deeper/quantity bass adjusted Either brigther or darker sound by these switchs.
Sounds so good that i dont need to EQ it at all.
Best thing about this iem is like having mulitiple customs in one.
Read link about if you want to know abit more about the SA-43
Silicone it is easyer to maybe get it in your ear, but if you take it in and out a few times it is like rubber thats being pushing agianst your skin.
This can cause soreness in your ears and its feels it is easyer to get destroyed or miss shaped.
Valve/vent on iems can gives you airyness but negative side is that it effect noise isolation, which isnt good will also leak sound.
It doesnt matter how much you EQ a universal IEM, it wont sound as good as a high end Custom which is my experiences.
Customs have the best fit for your ears and noise isolation.
Anyways Impressive works, Joe!
Edited by azndmp - 4/9/11 at 11:04am
Thanks for sharing azndmp, very interesting. I need to update Starkey in my manufacturer post (post #3) as I didn't have all the information. I found many resellers of Starkey with different product names, so if you linked to the official site, that is very helpful, thank you!
You never know who will want to buy what, I have been PMing with several people in Europe about customs, and many want to buy in Europe. I think buying a custom is as much about what they do right and the sound signature as anything, and all have different flavors; I am trying to bring that info to this thread. The Starkey customs are now are on my radar!
Updated my last Reply
Yeah it is really important that people pick right sound signatur for their taste of flavor.
The big winner is the one you choose, they are all different."Like Navea said"
This is the real site http://www.starkey.no/107/starkey-sa-43, i dont think people will understand much hehe.
Btw Tunz isnt making same product as Starkey Norway, they developments are diffrent and so on.
I work really close by where starkey has there store.
I want to shipp my starkey so you can try it.
But i will die without them, i can try ask if they can send of a demo to you or something like that.
Thanks for the additional information, I will update the manufacturers section as soon as I have time. How do you feel the filters perform, as my Fabs has filters and I was having an issue with the sound of the right channel and it turned out to be a clogged filter. Have you had any issues with the filter?
And on a different note, I got my TF10 reshell in the mail today, thanks Adam.
Here is a other review link about Starkey SA-43 : http://inearmonitoring.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/sa-43-review-lyd-og-bilde-november-2009.pdf
Had none issues about the filter, it is well none and fits right in.
It`s to expect from one of the world leading hear aids company.
(Borrowed from starkey)
As you can see the filter infront, use the filter for concert or hearing protection and still maintains the natural audio fidelity without distortion.
You cant use as same time with ERM monitor.
SA series sounds better then ERM, but ERM isnt that bad either.
- Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 23 seconds ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 27 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 1 minute ago
- › WTB: Stax SRD-3, 5, 6 or 7 adapter 2 minutes ago
- › USB 3.1 Type C Will Change Our World 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp Review: First Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...