Recent Images In This Thread
- productACS T1tagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 2/25/11
- productDream Earz AUD-5Xtagged by System, 6/12/12
- productEarSonics EM3-PROtagged by System, 2/25/11
- productHidition NT-6PROtagged by System, 6/12/12
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 2/25/11
- brandKozee Sound Solutionstagged by System, 6/12/12
- productLear LCM-5tagged by System, 3/7/13
- productRooth Lab LS 8tagged by System, 6/12/12
- brandSensaphonicstagged by JackKontney, 7/19/13More
- productSensaphonics 3MAXtagged by JackKontney, 7/19/13
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productSpiral Ear SE 5-Way Referencetagged by System, 6/12/12
- productStarkey SA-43tagged by System, 6/12/12
- productUltimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitorstagged by System, 6/12/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- Custom IEM Review: Heir Audio 8.A – Long live the king Last post on 1/2/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on 2/27/14 at 10:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review & Appreciation: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution? (Review... Last post on 2/21/14 at 4:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CIEM with sound signature similar to the PRO 900 Last post on 1/1/13 at 9:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (28 reviews: Audio Earz... - Page 12post #166 of 36305/9/11 at 5:32pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #167 of 36305/10/11 at 7:42amThread Starterpost #168 of 36305/10/11 at 2:09pmpost #169 of 36305/10/11 at 5:34pm
Wow it's been a while since I went to this thread and it's becoming pretty crazy...lots of customs and exciting stuff
average_joe: it's like you get a new custom every couple of weeks :P Also that last custom frequency chart you posted last page seems very similar to the custom I got from UM..I think it was the Rooth LS8? I wonder how it will sound to you and looking forward to your reviews :)post #170 of 36305/10/11 at 9:01pmThread Starter
I might be able to get the first part of the TS842 review up tonight...I will try. I have been extra busy and all my spare time has been listening and comparing.
The LS8 is nice and I like it but I have been sticking to the $500 to $600 range lately with the TS842 review and have two more coming in that range. Both shipped, the DRM Earz DRM 4X and the Minerva Mi-3 (I can't wait to see the art work), but I have no idea when I will receive either. The 4X should have arrived yesterday according to the USPS site and I am guessing the Mi-3 will arrive in a week or so. Also, some day I will get the JH16; Adam at Kozee is making sure the sound signature is exactly the same as when I sent it to him. And I will have two from Starkey coming sometime in the near future along with another I am not at liberty to disclose.
I have been holding off sending my 5-way back as I wanted to listen to the JH16 before sending it back, but maybe I should have just sent it. I have started the 5-way review, but think it might be best to get the rework done before I post the final review as there are two conditions when I wear them: comfortable but lacking a little in the deep bass and uncomfortable/painful, but oh so amazing. All of this is taking longer than I anticipated!post #171 of 36305/10/11 at 11:10pmThread Starter
First post updated with TS842 information also.
Edited by average_joe - 5/10/11 at 11:21pmpost #172 of 36305/11/11 at 5:03pmpost #173 of 36305/11/11 at 6:41pm
I have this feeling that Rooth really is from UM as well. Nobody has just confirmed it yet. Anyway, good luck on the upcoming reviews Joe. I don't want to be in your shoes with all those custom iems.post #174 of 36305/12/11 at 7:18amThread Starter
Hidition added to the manufacturer page. Their site doesn't seem to have the NT6 and I have to go by Google translate for information, so not all that sure about the offerings. I did find 2 reviews, the NT6 (well, pictures) and the NT2.
Rooth = UM? Maybe, and from what I remember hearing someone left UM and started Rooth, then left Rooth and started yet another company, Gui Ling custom headset.post #175 of 36305/12/11 at 11:00amQuote:
I remember I've managed somehow to visit their online store and was able to see the whole offer.
They also have NT (single driver) NT3 (triple driver 3way). I don't remember the prices though.
They also offer remolding AFAIR for smothing about ~$100
post #176 of 36305/12/11 at 11:38pmThread Starter
Thanks for the additional information; I will update the manufacturer page with any store links you can provide.post #177 of 36305/13/11 at 10:23pmThread Starter
- I have been listening to the 5-way and LS8 today and have updated the info in the first post for both.
- Waiting for the cables to burn in before testing with the TS842. I am using the EM3 Pro to burn in the Crystal cable and while it fits, the connectors are not very secure.
- I received my DRM Earz 4X but will be sending them back due to a fit issue.
- Minerva Mi-3 is on the way. They weren't happy with how the graphics turned out on one channel so they redid them causing a day delay. But I am happy they wanted to get them right before sending them to me; I haven't seen any pictures so I will be very surprised.
- Starkey shipped the SA-43 and SA-12 canal phone; very quick turn around.
As Anaxilus said, I think I need more ears!
Oh, and I will be getting a new reference DAC in the near future (2-3 weeks or so). Once you get high end headphones you realize your weak links in the chain (AKA thanks Spiral Ear!).post #178 of 36305/14/11 at 4:24am
A+ thread this. Look forward to the Minerva impressions, as I'm pushing my mum to get some cheap(ish) customs as a long term investment and they would probably fit the bill! Also looking forward to hearing your JH16 impressions, particularly as I'm v. curious to see how it compares to both the Spiral Ears and any of the dynamic drivers in the low-end department. I think I'm obsessed bass lol.post #179 of 36305/14/11 at 12:45pmpost #180 of 36305/15/11 at 12:27am
Just read this thread for the first time in a long time when it was first started - wow, very nice! I also love the writeup about how to interpret a review - that stuff should be required reading for just about anybody new to head-fi and this audio hobby.
About Rooth and UM, this was posted back in November:
Quote:Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (28 reviews: Audio Earz AUD-8X added 11/19/13)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 11 seconds ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 43 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Will a Fiio X3 adequately drive the Hifiman HE 500 or should i go... 2 minutes ago
- › DAC for my PC desktop (headphones and active monitor too) 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › IC: Melbourne Meet 3 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions 6 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude