Excellent work Joe! Very useful thread.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productACS T1tagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 2/25/11
- productDream Earz AUD-5Xtagged by System, 6/12/12
- productEarSonics EM3-PROtagged by System, 2/25/11
- productHidition NT-6PROtagged by System, 6/12/12
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 2/25/11
- brandKozee Sound Solutionstagged by System, 6/12/12
- productLear LCM-5tagged by System, 3/7/13
- productRooth Lab LS 8tagged by System, 6/12/12
- brandSensaphonicstagged by JackKontney, 7/19/13More
- productSensaphonics 3MAXtagged by JackKontney, 7/19/13
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productSpiral Ear SE 5-Way Referencetagged by System, 6/12/12
- productStarkey SA-43tagged by System, 6/12/12
- productUltimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitorstagged by System, 6/12/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- Custom IEM Review: Heir Audio 8.A – Long live the king Last post on 1/2/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on 11/21/13 at 12:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review & Appreciation: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution? (Review... Last post on 12/9/13 at 8:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CIEM with sound signature similar to the PRO 900 Last post on 1/1/13 at 9:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
AK120 I feel like there is an epidemic looming over the heads of most Hi-Fi audio music player designers. Most just can't seem to get it right and so few end up with a solid...
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (28 reviews: Audio Earz... - Page 8post #106 of 35274/9/11 at 2:56am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 35274/9/11 at 7:01am
Model (Acrylic) SA-32 LIVE,SA-32,SA-22 Acoustic,SA-22,SA-12,SA-11i
Model (Elacin® ER FlexComfort) ERM-1,ERM-2,ERM-3,ERM-5. Ps you have to buy Elacin® ER FlexComfort plug to use ERM.
The good thing about Elacin® ER FlexComfort you can use it as musicians earplugs/concert and just buy acoustic filters providing 9dB*, 15dB or 25dB.
2-year warranty on parts & labor and atleast 30 days refit.
When i buyed the shipping price is included plus molding but i dont know how it workes with buys from another country.
Might be good enough with what you already have.
This is my personal impressions of Starkey and service that they provide.
First of all i wanna start off with there service, i went to there store.
They offer me to tryout SA-12 and SA-22, at that time i had Monster Turbine Gold.
Soundwise it was so good that i sold my Monsters the day after.
I buyed ERM-3(sounds similar to sa-12) because it was cheaper and didnt have the money for SA-43.
After 2 months i lost my ear plug and told then what happend.
They offer that i could upgrade my ERM-3 to SA-43, i didnt have to pay the full price.
Because could use the elements that are already in ERM-3.
The best customer service I have ever experience.
I just got mine few weeks ago,it is so soild build and sounds so amazing good.
Compare to MTPG it has better music separation, detail and clarity.
The word airy never striked me with MTPG, never really understod it that the sound could sound airy is a good thing or bad?
Now im sitting with this expensive SA-43, finally! now i know that they are talking about this airy sound.
It has more depth in the sound every sweet tone is just melting together and becomes this sweet candy you always wanted.
Tones can swings it natural course because it has more space to breath in.
Vocals is beautiful so much better then in MTPG, always feelt it lack it.
They filled the inside of the shell with silicon so the drivers inside gets more protection against shock, but the silicon is also used for extra isolation from your surroundings
Noise isolation -30dB Best isolation i ever came across.
As an industry first it has two switches on the faceplate that lets you customize the level of bass and presence in your mix.
And if you choose a custom from Starkey, that truly means custom - if you prefer you can choose to have only one switch, or none at all.
Best to have both and later on for small fee they can rebuild with none, just the way you want it.
This what differs mine from Navea that i have both of the switch.
One Switch for extra bass driver and the other one is for extra presence/treble.
How cool isnt that, i really like this option.
I dont know if Navea build is SA-43 with extra presence/treble on or off.
But with extra presence/treble on it gets more airier soundstage,vocals shines,detail,abit brighter,gain abit volum boost.
Sound signatur of SA-43 by my ears and played by Sony X:
Beautiful neutral with a perfect tight and deep bass response, can be adjusted with deeper/quantity bass adjusted Either brigther or darker sound by these switchs.
Sounds so good that i dont need to EQ it at all.
Best thing about this iem is like having mulitiple customs in one.
Read link about if you want to know abit more about the SA-43
Silicone it is easyer to maybe get it in your ear, but if you take it in and out a few times it is like rubber thats being pushing agianst your skin.
This can cause soreness in your ears and its feels it is easyer to get destroyed or miss shaped.
Valve/vent on iems can gives you airyness but negative side is that it effect noise isolation, which isnt good will also leak sound.
It doesnt matter how much you EQ a universal IEM, it wont sound as good as a high end Custom which is my experiences.
Customs have the best fit for your ears and noise isolation.
Anyways Impressive works, Joe!
Edited by azndmp - 4/9/11 at 11:04ampost #108 of 35274/9/11 at 9:24amThread Starter
Thanks for sharing azndmp, very interesting. I need to update Starkey in my manufacturer post (post #3) as I didn't have all the information. I found many resellers of Starkey with different product names, so if you linked to the official site, that is very helpful, thank you!
You never know who will want to buy what, I have been PMing with several people in Europe about customs, and many want to buy in Europe. I think buying a custom is as much about what they do right and the sound signature as anything, and all have different flavors; I am trying to bring that info to this thread. The Starkey customs are now are on my radar!post #109 of 35274/9/11 at 11:20am
Updated my last Reply
Yeah it is really important that people pick right sound signatur for their taste of flavor.
The big winner is the one you choose, they are all different."Like Navea said"
This is the real site http://www.starkey.no/107/starkey-sa-43, i dont think people will understand much hehe.
Btw Tunz isnt making same product as Starkey Norway, they developments are diffrent and so on.
I work really close by where starkey has there store.
I want to shipp my starkey so you can try it.
But i will die without them, i can try ask if they can send of a demo to you or something like that.post #110 of 35274/9/11 at 11:55pmThread Starter
Thanks for the additional information, I will update the manufacturers section as soon as I have time. How do you feel the filters perform, as my Fabs has filters and I was having an issue with the sound of the right channel and it turned out to be a clogged filter. Have you had any issues with the filter?
And on a different note, I got my TF10 reshell in the mail today, thanks Adam.post #111 of 35274/10/11 at 3:12am
Here is a other review link about Starkey SA-43 : http://inearmonitoring.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/sa-43-review-lyd-og-bilde-november-2009.pdf
Had none issues about the filter, it is well none and fits right in.
It`s to expect from one of the world leading hear aids company.
(Borrowed from starkey)
As you can see the filter infront, use the filter for concert or hearing protection and still maintains the natural audio fidelity without distortion.
You cant use as same time with ERM monitor.
SA series sounds better then ERM, but ERM isnt that bad either.post #112 of 35274/11/11 at 6:07pmThread Starterpost #113 of 35274/11/11 at 6:17pmpost #114 of 35274/11/11 at 6:20pmpost #115 of 35274/11/11 at 7:20pmpost #116 of 35274/11/11 at 7:27pmpost #117 of 35274/11/11 at 9:05pmpost #118 of 35274/11/11 at 9:11pmpost #119 of 35274/11/11 at 9:16pmpost #120 of 35274/11/11 at 9:17pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (28 reviews: Audio Earz AUD-8X added 11/19/13)
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 10 seconds ago
- › Audition Darth Beyer 14 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 36 seconds ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 47 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret 1 minute ago
- › KEF M500/M200 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Ranking of 17 DACs and DAC Configurations 5 minutes ago
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 6 minutes ago
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe