Recent Images In This Thread
- itemACS T1
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitors
- itemDream Earz AUD 5X
- itemEarSonics EM3 PRO
- itemHidition NT 6PRO
- itemJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In Ear Monitors
- brandKozee Sound Solutions
- itemLear LCM 5
- itemRooth Lab LS 8
- itemSpider Realvoice Vertical In The Ear Headphone
- itemSpiral Ear SE 5 Way Reference
- itemStarkey SA 43
- itemUltimate Ears In Ear Reference Monitors
- itemUltimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue With Roadie Case
Related Forum Threads
- Custom IEM Review: Heir Audio 8.A – Long live the king Last post on 1/2/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on 4/30/13 at 10:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CIEM with sound signature similar to the PRO 900 Last post on 1/1/13 at 9:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good CIEM for Classical Music? Last post on 10/3/12 at 5:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (26 reviews: UM PP6 added... - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Wow it's been a while since I went to this thread and it's becoming pretty crazy...lots of customs and exciting stuff
average_joe: it's like you get a new custom every couple of weeks :P Also that last custom frequency chart you posted last page seems very similar to the custom I got from UM..I think it was the Rooth LS8? I wonder how it will sound to you and looking forward to your reviews :)
I might be able to get the first part of the TS842 review up tonight...I will try. I have been extra busy and all my spare time has been listening and comparing.
The LS8 is nice and I like it but I have been sticking to the $500 to $600 range lately with the TS842 review and have two more coming in that range. Both shipped, the DRM Earz DRM 4X and the Minerva Mi-3 (I can't wait to see the art work), but I have no idea when I will receive either. The 4X should have arrived yesterday according to the USPS site and I am guessing the Mi-3 will arrive in a week or so. Also, some day I will get the JH16; Adam at Kozee is making sure the sound signature is exactly the same as when I sent it to him. And I will have two from Starkey coming sometime in the near future along with another I am not at liberty to disclose.
I have been holding off sending my 5-way back as I wanted to listen to the JH16 before sending it back, but maybe I should have just sent it. I have started the 5-way review, but think it might be best to get the rework done before I post the final review as there are two conditions when I wear them: comfortable but lacking a little in the deep bass and uncomfortable/painful, but oh so amazing. All of this is taking longer than I anticipated!
First post updated with TS842 information also.
Edited by average_joe - 5/10/11 at 11:21pm
I have this feeling that Rooth really is from UM as well. Nobody has just confirmed it yet. Anyway, good luck on the upcoming reviews Joe. I don't want to be in your shoes with all those custom iems.
Hidition added to the manufacturer page. Their site doesn't seem to have the NT6 and I have to go by Google translate for information, so not all that sure about the offerings. I did find 2 reviews, the NT6 (well, pictures) and the NT2.
Rooth = UM? Maybe, and from what I remember hearing someone left UM and started Rooth, then left Rooth and started yet another company, Gui Ling custom headset.
I remember I've managed somehow to visit their online store and was able to see the whole offer.
They also have NT (single driver) NT3 (triple driver 3way). I don't remember the prices though.
They also offer remolding AFAIR for smothing about ~$100
Thanks for the additional information; I will update the manufacturer page with any store links you can provide.
- I have been listening to the 5-way and LS8 today and have updated the info in the first post for both.
- Waiting for the cables to burn in before testing with the TS842. I am using the EM3 Pro to burn in the Crystal cable and while it fits, the connectors are not very secure.
- I received my DRM Earz 4X but will be sending them back due to a fit issue.
- Minerva Mi-3 is on the way. They weren't happy with how the graphics turned out on one channel so they redid them causing a day delay. But I am happy they wanted to get them right before sending them to me; I haven't seen any pictures so I will be very surprised.
- Starkey shipped the SA-43 and SA-12 canal phone; very quick turn around.
As Anaxilus said, I think I need more ears!
Oh, and I will be getting a new reference DAC in the near future (2-3 weeks or so). Once you get high end headphones you realize your weak links in the chain (AKA thanks Spiral Ear!).
A+ thread this. Look forward to the Minerva impressions, as I'm pushing my mum to get some cheap(ish) customs as a long term investment and they would probably fit the bill! Also looking forward to hearing your JH16 impressions, particularly as I'm v. curious to see how it compares to both the Spiral Ears and any of the dynamic drivers in the low-end department. I think I'm obsessed bass lol.
Just read this thread for the first time in a long time when it was first started - wow, very nice! I also love the writeup about how to interpret a review - that stuff should be required reading for just about anybody new to head-fi and this audio hobby.
About Rooth and UM, this was posted back in November:
- Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (26 reviews: UM PP6 added 3/12/13)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 14 seconds ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 35 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 46 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › iPhone 5 Audio Quality with headphones? is it better than the... 3 minutes ago
- › Two Germans for HD800? 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex t50rp VS Shure shr-440 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe