Excellent work Joe! Very useful thread.
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemACS T1
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitors
- itemDream Earz AUD 5X
- itemEarSonics EM3 PRO
- itemHidition NT 6PRO
- itemJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In Ear Monitors
- brandKozee Sound Solutions
- itemLear LCM 5
- itemRooth Lab LS 8
- itemSpider Realvoice Vertical In The Ear Headphone
- itemSpiral Ear SE 5 Way Reference
- itemStarkey SA 43
- itemUltimate Ears In Ear Reference Monitors
- itemUltimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue With Roadie Case
Related Forum Threads
- Custom IEM Review: Heir Audio 8.A – Long live the king Last post on 1/2/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on 4/30/13 at 10:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CIEM with sound signature similar to the PRO 900 Last post on 1/1/13 at 9:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good CIEM for Classical Music? Last post on 10/3/12 at 5:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Related Head Gear
Hi, Head-fiers. This is my first post as a newbie in the forum. I will give a short introduction of myself. I am 18 years old currently studying in high-school. I love headphones because...
Build Quality: For something hand built, the overall build quality is quite good. Of course, it isn’t nearly as perfect as something from a plastic molding machine but it is far ahead from the...
Disclaimer: My only other good cans to compare these to are Beyerdynamics DT770 (250). I fully realize this review will be biased because of that. So please keep that in mind. This review is my...
First Impressions: Well, when I first used these, I used them in the same place I'd expect myself to continue using these, on the go from place to place, and while at places outside the...
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (26 reviews: UM PP6 added... - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Model (Acrylic) SA-32 LIVE,SA-32,SA-22 Acoustic,SA-22,SA-12,SA-11i
Model (Elacin® ER FlexComfort) ERM-1,ERM-2,ERM-3,ERM-5. Ps you have to buy Elacin® ER FlexComfort plug to use ERM.
The good thing about Elacin® ER FlexComfort you can use it as musicians earplugs/concert and just buy acoustic filters providing 9dB*, 15dB or 25dB.
2-year warranty on parts & labor and atleast 30 days refit.
When i buyed the shipping price is included plus molding but i dont know how it workes with buys from another country.
Might be good enough with what you already have.
This is my personal impressions of Starkey and service that they provide.
First of all i wanna start off with there service, i went to there store.
They offer me to tryout SA-12 and SA-22, at that time i had Monster Turbine Gold.
Soundwise it was so good that i sold my Monsters the day after.
I buyed ERM-3(sounds similar to sa-12) because it was cheaper and didnt have the money for SA-43.
After 2 months i lost my ear plug and told then what happend.
They offer that i could upgrade my ERM-3 to SA-43, i didnt have to pay the full price.
Because could use the elements that are already in ERM-3.
The best customer service I have ever experience.
I just got mine few weeks ago,it is so soild build and sounds so amazing good.
Compare to MTPG it has better music separation, detail and clarity.
The word airy never striked me with MTPG, never really understod it that the sound could sound airy is a good thing or bad?
Now im sitting with this expensive SA-43, finally! now i know that they are talking about this airy sound.
It has more depth in the sound every sweet tone is just melting together and becomes this sweet candy you always wanted.
Tones can swings it natural course because it has more space to breath in.
Vocals is beautiful so much better then in MTPG, always feelt it lack it.
They filled the inside of the shell with silicon so the drivers inside gets more protection against shock, but the silicon is also used for extra isolation from your surroundings
Noise isolation -30dB Best isolation i ever came across.
As an industry first it has two switches on the faceplate that lets you customize the level of bass and presence in your mix.
And if you choose a custom from Starkey, that truly means custom - if you prefer you can choose to have only one switch, or none at all.
Best to have both and later on for small fee they can rebuild with none, just the way you want it.
This what differs mine from Navea that i have both of the switch.
One Switch for extra bass driver and the other one is for extra presence/treble.
How cool isnt that, i really like this option.
I dont know if Navea build is SA-43 with extra presence/treble on or off.
But with extra presence/treble on it gets more airier soundstage,vocals shines,detail,abit brighter,gain abit volum boost.
Sound signatur of SA-43 by my ears and played by Sony X:
Beautiful neutral with a perfect tight and deep bass response, can be adjusted with deeper/quantity bass adjusted Either brigther or darker sound by these switchs.
Sounds so good that i dont need to EQ it at all.
Best thing about this iem is like having mulitiple customs in one.
Read link about if you want to know abit more about the SA-43
Silicone it is easyer to maybe get it in your ear, but if you take it in and out a few times it is like rubber thats being pushing agianst your skin.
This can cause soreness in your ears and its feels it is easyer to get destroyed or miss shaped.
Valve/vent on iems can gives you airyness but negative side is that it effect noise isolation, which isnt good will also leak sound.
It doesnt matter how much you EQ a universal IEM, it wont sound as good as a high end Custom which is my experiences.
Customs have the best fit for your ears and noise isolation.
Anyways Impressive works, Joe!
Edited by azndmp - 4/9/11 at 11:04am
Thanks for sharing azndmp, very interesting. I need to update Starkey in my manufacturer post (post #3) as I didn't have all the information. I found many resellers of Starkey with different product names, so if you linked to the official site, that is very helpful, thank you!
You never know who will want to buy what, I have been PMing with several people in Europe about customs, and many want to buy in Europe. I think buying a custom is as much about what they do right and the sound signature as anything, and all have different flavors; I am trying to bring that info to this thread. The Starkey customs are now are on my radar!
Updated my last Reply
Yeah it is really important that people pick right sound signatur for their taste of flavor.
The big winner is the one you choose, they are all different."Like Navea said"
This is the real site http://www.starkey.no/107/starkey-sa-43, i dont think people will understand much hehe.
Btw Tunz isnt making same product as Starkey Norway, they developments are diffrent and so on.
I work really close by where starkey has there store.
I want to shipp my starkey so you can try it.
But i will die without them, i can try ask if they can send of a demo to you or something like that.
Thanks for the additional information, I will update the manufacturers section as soon as I have time. How do you feel the filters perform, as my Fabs has filters and I was having an issue with the sound of the right channel and it turned out to be a clogged filter. Have you had any issues with the filter?
And on a different note, I got my TF10 reshell in the mail today, thanks Adam.
Here is a other review link about Starkey SA-43 : http://inearmonitoring.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/sa-43-review-lyd-og-bilde-november-2009.pdf
Had none issues about the filter, it is well none and fits right in.
It`s to expect from one of the world leading hear aids company.
(Borrowed from starkey)
As you can see the filter infront, use the filter for concert or hearing protection and still maintains the natural audio fidelity without distortion.
You cant use as same time with ERM monitor.
SA series sounds better then ERM, but ERM isnt that bad either.
- Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (26 reviews: UM PP6 added 3/12/13)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71's take on the new ATH-CLR100 Pg... 24 seconds ago
- › Earsonics SM64 or Aurisonics ASG-2?? 40 seconds ago
- › The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) 58 seconds ago
- › Frequency Response Question 1 minute ago
- › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impression and... 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!)... 2 minutes ago
- › Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) incoming... 4 minutes ago
- › INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever? 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe