Cool, i need LOD for ipod 1G and the upcoming e11. can't wait..
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 2/24/11
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrading setup with DAC/Amp Last post on 8/17/13 at 10:22pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Amp for HD 598's and DT 990 Pro's (250 OHM) Last post on 7/30/13 at 11:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Fiio X3 Thread. Last post on Yesterday at 11:30 pm in Portable Source Gear
- FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:36am in Portable Headphone Amps
- What fiio for my config? Last post on 11/14/12 at 3:07pm in Computer Audio
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
These hurt my head almost right away. The good sound quality is not noticeable when my ears and head hurts. Having said that, the price is low and if you don't like them then just return them.
This will be a short review based on maybe on 12-15 hours of use. If you think that's not long enough you can skip it. I was a bit worried that this would be some cheap gimmicky toy amp because...
The short and simple of it is this is the best DAP for the price I have owned. I have used all the main stream players, (IPods, Zune, Creative Zen Player, etc) and I will never go back. Besides the...
I really like this headphone. I've been trying various headphones in this pricerange, and decided on this one. But maybe the Price is a bit too high, when comparing to the first Creative...
NOTE: THIS MAY ALSO BE REFERRED TO AS THE KICKER PHENOM. THE PART NUMBER SHOWN FOR THE KICKER PHENOM PHONES I HAVE IS EB92S As I contemplated giving these a go, I became aware that there was...
Photos of L7 ( E7's line out kit ), L9 ( for iPod/iPHone's L type LOD), ETA- March! - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I'm thinking of using my E7 as a permanent, desktop DAC for another amp. If I leave it hooked up via the L7, will it charge up when the computer is on, or will I need to pull the L7 out of the line on occasion to charge up the E7?
I'm gettin' me one of them L9s as soon as I see it here in Taiwan!
Faiao, it looks like I've definitely come to the right place. I was about to buy the E7 and then wondered how I'd connect it to my active computer speakers.
First, I'm assuming it's possible (if not preferred) to use the headphone output. Can you (or anyone) comment on this? I guess this thread would not exist if the results were very good, but are they at least acceptable? Is there no way to temporarily make the output level "fixed"? If not, do you just turn the volume all or most of the way down? One advantage of using the headphone jack, I'd think, would be that you could use the bass boost functions with your speakers. In my case, that would actually be useful, as I have no tone controls on my speakers (and my computer soundcard eq would presumably be useless). Am I right in thinking that a "true" line-out would be independent of the tone controls as well as the volume?
Regardless, I'd still like the OPTION of a true line-out. I see a photo of an L7 dock ("currently unavailable") on Amazon. Is that the one you were working on and then scrapped, or the one you are about to release? In any case, when and where in the world can I find the new L7 dock?? Thanks.
If the E7/E9 - RCA line out - Lyr works exactly the same as the E7 - L7 - Lyr, that would be great. Can anyone verify that this method wouldn't use the E9 whatsoever? I'm confused with pre-amps in general. I know that line out = bypassing internal amps, but I wanna make sure there's nothing going on between the E7 straight to the Lyr while the E7 is docked to the E9. I didn't know that this method existed, and would make the L7 moot if we already own the E9.
So in theory (or fact), one COULD just run any other DAC to the E9's line in, and run any other amp from the E9's line out, and be able to choose between connecting your headphones to the E9 or the other amp, right? This is great. I learn every day.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 3/24/11 at 5:25pm
Maybe try unplugging the E9's power cord and see if the pre-out / line-out still works. Some pre-outs are passive, meaning it just takes the line-in and runs it through the volume pot.
I understand the theoretical issue (that it's not as pure as it could be and that the level is not fixed), but what are the practical issues, if any? I.e., can't you just set the volume so that the level is approximately the same as line level, or is even the minimum volume too high? And is the SQ noticeably inferior to how it would/should be from a real line-out?
I'm asking for two reasons: (1) I'd like to be able to buy, test, and decide whether I want the E7 without first investing in adaptors, and (2) I think I'd actually find the bass-boost functions useful for my Boston Acoustics PC speakers, since they are powered but have no tone controls. I guess they were designed to be used with a traditional soundcard. (I currently adjust tone via the EQ of my Turtle Beach Santa Cruz soundcard, which I'd be more than satisfied with if it weren't spitting out annoying digital noise.)
Thanks in advance.
- Photos of L7 ( E7's line out kit ), L9 ( for iPod/iPHone's L type LOD), ETA- March!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Looking for brighter/cooler sounding headphones (think Sony MDR-V6)... 32 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Appreciation Thread 37 seconds ago
- › hd25-1 appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › Onkyo A-5VL - A game changer 2 minutes ago
- › How long does it take to have a cable Frank (Toxic Cables) 2 minutes ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 3 minutes ago
- › The Official JRPG Thread (aka Japanese Role Playing Games) 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 3 minutes ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 4 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe