alright ive actually spent a lot lately and planned to end it at the dt990's for a while. i have the audio gd NFB-12 Dac/amp combo and apparently its rated for 150mW at 600 ohms. idk if thats enough to get the full potential from these cans?
- productAudio-gd NFB 12tagged by System, 2/25/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 2/25/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 2/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 2/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm + Audio-gd NFB-12 Distortion at Higher Volume Levels? Last post on 9/24/11 at 4:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Which Amp to get Woo 6 or Schiit Lyr Last post on 9/17/11 at 7:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- E7/E9 combo + Beyerdynamic DT880 - 600 ohm / Swan M200MkIII Last post on 5/5/11 at 9:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP for DT880 600 ohm Last post on 4/23/11 at 4:05pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- need amp suggestsion for dt880 600. too much treble Last post on 3/16/11 at 6:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
- Headphone Impedance
recently purchased some dt990's 600 ohm.. amp recommendations?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
hmm so far all i can say is very clear given good files, but somewhat cold for my taste. i feel like a tube amp would greatly benefit these by adding some color to them. I might check out a little dot in the future, but for now im having fun messing around with my eq on these. the program i prefer is jet audio plus, foobar 2k is sweet but just too flat sounding for my liking. however i have noticed these headphones do not sound better eq'd like my aktimate mini bookshelf speakers. minimal eq on these is best. toning down the treble a tad helps but id really like to see what the sound like through some tubes. oh and the nfb-12 drives them plenty loud enough. theyre loud enough for me without even getting to 12 o'clock
edit: Oh i forgot to mention i REALLY like the bass on these cans. it holds tight wayy down low. something i was really looking for. honestly i think any less bass such as the dt880's might be too little. although i cant comment since i havent tried them. yet.
I have the DT880/600's but have heard the DT990/600's several times on my little dot mkiv. It is a great combo indeed! you get the bass but the tubes warm the sound up just a little bit. The DT990 are always going to be a bright can but the little dot just take a little bit of the edge off and smooths things out that much more. I would highly recommend it.
This is making me want a set of DT990/600s now.......:(
alright i got my eq settings perfect, looks like a W with a big hump in the middle. really balances the vocals with everything else. yes i might have to try a tube amp then to try and round out the highs. god three hours in now that im used to the sound im adoring these headphones with the nfb-12. so clear but not boring in the least. id hold on to your 880/600's though from what i hear they sound even better than the 990's, i just couldnt find a pair for the price i was looking for.
slightly, nfb-12 using the woflson dac chip helps a bit, which i find to be a tad warmer than other sources. but no eq'ing can replicate a tube amp honestly. Ive never owned one but heard them plenty of times. seems like it'll be the final piece to complete this rig (which already seems like it cant get better at this point)
yes haha just keep in mind this is all my ears. and im used to warmm sound so im biased in that aspect, but these are great headphones, and for the price its hard to beat the nfb-12 for what you get. i say go for it man! you wont be disappointed for the money
- recently purchased some dt990's 600 ohm.. amp recommendations?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › JVC HA-FX850 + Song's Audio Night Stalker Cable Upgrade - in UK 13 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 38 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 1 minute ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 2 minutes ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (Saturday, July 26th, 2014) - part of CanMania @... 2 minutes ago
- › Audiofly AF180 Performance Series Impression&Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)