alright ive actually spent a lot lately and planned to end it at the dt990's for a while. i have the audio gd NFB-12 Dac/amp combo and apparently its rated for 150mW at 600 ohms. idk if thats enough to get the full potential from these cans?
- productAudio-gd NFB 12tagged by System, 2/25/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 2/25/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 2/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 2/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm + Audio-gd NFB-12 Distortion at Higher Volume Levels? Last post on 9/24/11 at 4:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Which Amp to get Woo 6 or Schiit Lyr Last post on 9/17/11 at 7:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- E7/E9 combo + Beyerdynamic DT880 - 600 ohm / Swan M200MkIII Last post on 5/5/11 at 9:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP for DT880 600 ohm Last post on 4/23/11 at 4:05pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- need amp suggestsion for dt880 600. too much treble Last post on 3/16/11 at 6:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in Media Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAs -> Project Ember...
- Headphone Impedance
recently purchased some dt990's 600 ohm.. amp recommendations?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
hmm so far all i can say is very clear given good files, but somewhat cold for my taste. i feel like a tube amp would greatly benefit these by adding some color to them. I might check out a little dot in the future, but for now im having fun messing around with my eq on these. the program i prefer is jet audio plus, foobar 2k is sweet but just too flat sounding for my liking. however i have noticed these headphones do not sound better eq'd like my aktimate mini bookshelf speakers. minimal eq on these is best. toning down the treble a tad helps but id really like to see what the sound like through some tubes. oh and the nfb-12 drives them plenty loud enough. theyre loud enough for me without even getting to 12 o'clock
edit: Oh i forgot to mention i REALLY like the bass on these cans. it holds tight wayy down low. something i was really looking for. honestly i think any less bass such as the dt880's might be too little. although i cant comment since i havent tried them. yet.
I have the DT880/600's but have heard the DT990/600's several times on my little dot mkiv. It is a great combo indeed! you get the bass but the tubes warm the sound up just a little bit. The DT990 are always going to be a bright can but the little dot just take a little bit of the edge off and smooths things out that much more. I would highly recommend it.
This is making me want a set of DT990/600s now.......:(
alright i got my eq settings perfect, looks like a W with a big hump in the middle. really balances the vocals with everything else. yes i might have to try a tube amp then to try and round out the highs. god three hours in now that im used to the sound im adoring these headphones with the nfb-12. so clear but not boring in the least. id hold on to your 880/600's though from what i hear they sound even better than the 990's, i just couldnt find a pair for the price i was looking for.
slightly, nfb-12 using the woflson dac chip helps a bit, which i find to be a tad warmer than other sources. but no eq'ing can replicate a tube amp honestly. Ive never owned one but heard them plenty of times. seems like it'll be the final piece to complete this rig (which already seems like it cant get better at this point)
yes haha just keep in mind this is all my ears. and im used to warmm sound so im biased in that aspect, but these are great headphones, and for the price its hard to beat the nfb-12 for what you get. i say go for it man! you wont be disappointed for the money
- recently purchased some dt990's 600 ohm.. amp recommendations?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Mytek Manhattan : PCM/DSD DAC-Pre With Headphone AMP 10 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 23 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 35 seconds ago
- › Schiit AMP choices for my Q701's/HD 650's 44 seconds ago
- › WTS Grado SR80i 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Listening Fatigue with the X5 and Some Additional Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for an earphone around 50$ 2 minutes ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 2 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)