alright ive actually spent a lot lately and planned to end it at the dt990's for a while. i have the audio gd NFB-12 Dac/amp combo and apparently its rated for 150mW at 600 ohms. idk if thats enough to get the full potential from these cans?
- productAudio-gd NFB 12tagged by System, 2/25/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 2/25/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 2/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 2/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm + Audio-gd NFB-12 Distortion at Higher Volume Levels? Last post on 9/24/11 at 4:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Which Amp to get Woo 6 or Schiit Lyr Last post on 9/17/11 at 7:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- E7/E9 combo + Beyerdynamic DT880 - 600 ohm / Swan M200MkIII Last post on 5/5/11 at 9:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP for DT880 600 ohm Last post on 4/23/11 at 4:05pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- need amp suggestsion for dt880 600. too much treble Last post on 3/16/11 at 6:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
- Headphone Impedance
recently purchased some dt990's 600 ohm.. amp recommendations?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
hmm so far all i can say is very clear given good files, but somewhat cold for my taste. i feel like a tube amp would greatly benefit these by adding some color to them. I might check out a little dot in the future, but for now im having fun messing around with my eq on these. the program i prefer is jet audio plus, foobar 2k is sweet but just too flat sounding for my liking. however i have noticed these headphones do not sound better eq'd like my aktimate mini bookshelf speakers. minimal eq on these is best. toning down the treble a tad helps but id really like to see what the sound like through some tubes. oh and the nfb-12 drives them plenty loud enough. theyre loud enough for me without even getting to 12 o'clock
edit: Oh i forgot to mention i REALLY like the bass on these cans. it holds tight wayy down low. something i was really looking for. honestly i think any less bass such as the dt880's might be too little. although i cant comment since i havent tried them. yet.
I have the DT880/600's but have heard the DT990/600's several times on my little dot mkiv. It is a great combo indeed! you get the bass but the tubes warm the sound up just a little bit. The DT990 are always going to be a bright can but the little dot just take a little bit of the edge off and smooths things out that much more. I would highly recommend it.
This is making me want a set of DT990/600s now.......:(
alright i got my eq settings perfect, looks like a W with a big hump in the middle. really balances the vocals with everything else. yes i might have to try a tube amp then to try and round out the highs. god three hours in now that im used to the sound im adoring these headphones with the nfb-12. so clear but not boring in the least. id hold on to your 880/600's though from what i hear they sound even better than the 990's, i just couldnt find a pair for the price i was looking for.
slightly, nfb-12 using the woflson dac chip helps a bit, which i find to be a tad warmer than other sources. but no eq'ing can replicate a tube amp honestly. Ive never owned one but heard them plenty of times. seems like it'll be the final piece to complete this rig (which already seems like it cant get better at this point)
yes haha just keep in mind this is all my ears. and im used to warmm sound so im biased in that aspect, but these are great headphones, and for the price its hard to beat the nfb-12 for what you get. i say go for it man! you wont be disappointed for the money
- recently purchased some dt990's 600 ohm.. amp recommendations?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Three Word Story 8 seconds ago
- › Can't stand my new DT770 80ohm sound. 2 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 4 minutes ago
- › Android-fi! 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3