I have a new pair of ATH-M50S headphones, which sound great. Great when connected to my iPhone, but really weak when connected to my iPad. How can I properly drive these things to get the best sound out of them? Do I need to use a computer and/or amp or DAC? I'll go the next step since I really want to enjoy these as much as possible, they are great headphones!
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 2/24/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 2/24/11
- productFiiO E5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 2/24/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 2/24/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/24/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/24/11
Related Forum Threads
- grado sr80i vs sony mdr zx700 vs audio technica ath m50 Last post on 12/29/11 at 1:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Alternative Pads for Ultrasone PRO 900 Last post on 10/11/11 at 10:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- What headphones should I buy? Last post on 8/18/11 at 7:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50 vs. ultrasone HFI-580 vs. Ultrasone Hfi-780 Last post on 1/22/12 at 8:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50s flatter bass after burn in? Can the "subs" bust? Last post on 6/28/11 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Can I get more from my ATH-M50s?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 62/23/11 at 3:14pmpost #3 of 62/23/11 at 3:21pmThread Starterpost #4 of 62/23/11 at 3:29pmpost #5 of 62/23/11 at 7:31pmpost #6 of 62/23/11 at 7:33pm
- Can I get more from my ATH-M50s?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
Currently, there are 2516 Active Users (450 Members and 2066 Guests)
- › Band Name Game II 14 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 42 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 44 seconds ago
- › Portable Amp Recommendations - iPhone 6 and Ultimate Ears Pro 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 4 minutes ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 7 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 7 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)