I have a new pair of ATH-M50S headphones, which sound great. Great when connected to my iPhone, but really weak when connected to my iPad. How can I properly drive these things to get the best sound out of them? Do I need to use a computer and/or amp or DAC? I'll go the next step since I really want to enjoy these as much as possible, they are great headphones!
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 2/24/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 2/24/11
- productFiiO E5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 2/24/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 2/24/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/24/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/24/11
Related Forum Threads
- grado sr80i vs sony mdr zx700 vs audio technica ath m50 Last post on 12/29/11 at 1:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Alternative Pads for Ultrasone PRO 900 Last post on 10/11/11 at 10:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- What headphones should I buy? Last post on 8/18/11 at 7:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50 vs. ultrasone HFI-580 vs. Ultrasone Hfi-780 Last post on 1/22/12 at 8:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50s flatter bass after burn in? Can the "subs" bust? Last post on 6/28/11 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Can I get more from my ATH-M50s?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 62/23/11 at 3:14pmpost #3 of 62/23/11 at 3:21pmThread Starterpost #4 of 62/23/11 at 3:29pmpost #5 of 62/23/11 at 7:31pmpost #6 of 62/23/11 at 7:33pm
- Can I get more from my ATH-M50s?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
Currently, there are 3513 Active Users (641 Members and 2872 Guests)
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Headphones up to £100 with DacMagic XS USB DAC 1 minute ago
- › pico slim + mini to mini cable 2 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 3 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Best pricing? 5 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)