thank you! didnt expect it that soon!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAltec Lansing inMotion iM716tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productAudio Technica cks70tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productCreative Aurvana 2 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- brandFiiOtagged by freddy315, 12/26/15
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays a jays threetagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays a Jays twotagged by System, 2/23/11More
- productJays T Jays Onetagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMEElectronics M 11+tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M1tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productOrtofon e-Q5tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productShure E3c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productSoundmagic PL 21tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 7/23/12
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tricky first foray in a brave new world - advice on budget IEMs Last post on 8/18/12 at 10:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/30/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
Design/durability: Stellar build quality is one of the highlights of the Rockets. Pretty much every feature of it seems indestructible. The L-shaped jack seems very sturdy and has enough strain...
Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013) - Page 61
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #902 of 123611/4/12 at 4:25am
Looking to try analytical sound signature, Im inclined towards buying the RE-272. I liked Balanced(TF10) the most,Warm+sweet signature (MH1C/R-50) is close too, Mid (Meelec A161P) Im about to get it hands on a few days, didnt like bass signature at all..
As per Clies Review, it needs a good amp to shine. I dont like desktop amps, Im thinking of buying FiiO E11 since I need portability. Will it be enough to drive RE-272 or any other portable amp suggestions for driving RE-272? Budget for amp would <=100$
Please suggest here ClieOS! I have bought TF 10, MH1C both on your suggestions and they never disappointed me. I ordered Meelectronics A161P since I liked some aspects in your SBA-03 review and 80$ for a good BA is reasonable.
Edited by hitme987 - 11/4/12 at 4:48ampost #903 of 123611/4/12 at 4:33ampost #904 of 123611/4/12 at 4:36amQuote:
Yeah, the cable as well as mic part is bulky which tend to pull down especially on the move for me. For me, Using triple flanges solves it, it stays intact without falling, though not completely comfortablepost #905 of 123611/4/12 at 5:46ampost #906 of 123611/4/12 at 5:58amThread StarterQuote:
Suggestion to a sub-$100 amp that can drive RE272? Well, almost all portable amp should easily drive RE272 without a problem, but the key is to get it to sound at its best. My opinion is either a balanced or a balanced-ground amp, but none of them are cheap. E11 should be okey, but I'll suggest you listen to it without an amp first and see how it goes from there. If you like it enough, you probably don't need to get an amp.Quote:
Right? or do you mean left? My answer is the shirt clip and as I have said, you need to keep the cable behind the neck. If that doesn't work, you will need to try different eartips.post #907 of 123611/4/12 at 6:03amQuote:Originally Posted by ClieOS
Suggestion to a sub-$100 amp that can drive RE272? Well, almost all portable amp should easily drive RE272 without a problem, but the key is to get it to sound at its best. My opinion is either a balanced or a balanced-ground amp, but none of them are cheap. E11 should be okey, but I'll suggest you listen to it without an amp first and see how it goes from there. If you like it enough, you probably don't need to get an amp.
Hmm..I firstly am intending to buy a portable amp, will extend my budget to 200$ if there is a great one in that range. I am looking basically an amp basically to drive my present IEMs too to maximise its SQ (TF10, R-50, MH1C,A161P) and one which could maximize SQ of RE 272 when I buy it later. Any portable balanced/balanced-ground amp available in 100-200$?post #908 of 123611/4/12 at 6:10amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by hitme987
Hmm..I firstly am intending to buy a portable amp, will extend my budget to 200$ if there is a great one in that range. I am looking basically an amp basically to drive my present IEMs too to maximise its SQ (TF10, R-50, MH1C,A161P) and one which could maximize SQ of RE 272 when I buy it later. Any portable balanced/balanced-ground amp available in 100-200$?
There is one, the iBasso T5 - however, the build quality is not up-to-par so I really will not recommend it to you. My suggestion to you is to look for a 2nd hand StepDance or 2StapDance in the for sale forum. Alternative will be the O2. It is bulky but should do RE272 some justice.post #909 of 123611/4/12 at 7:16ampost #910 of 123611/7/12 at 10:43pmQuote:
Same thing here. Really want to like them, but the cable just spoils the package for me. Thinking of another option.
Anyone could compare the sound on these to VSonic GR04/GR02/GR06? Any other options with comparable sound in the up to $60 range?
Edited by aag1 - 11/7/12 at 10:45pmpost #911 of 123611/8/12 at 3:48amThread StarterQuote:
Are you having the cable going over the back of your neck? If not, try it. You should also use the shirt clip as well.
Anyway, if you like the sound of MH1C, I think you really won't find much of any upgrade at the price range you are looking for.
Edited by ClieOS - 11/8/12 at 3:50ampost #912 of 123611/8/12 at 5:16amQuote:
For the comparision, you just need to check the table :
I dont think you can get much more of a SQ upgrade without investing atleast 200$, the comparision table suggests that too. And I rate my MH1C so close to my UE TF10(which I bought for ~200$). If you like the sound, you better try using the J-Cord, these get comfortable by time, just experiment with them, using triple flanges+shirt clip makes my 2nd pair comfortable for gym usage too...post #913 of 123611/8/12 at 11:16amQuote:Originally Posted by hitme987Quote:
For the comparision, you just need to check the table :
I dont think you can get much more of a SQ upgrade without investing atleast 200$, the comparision table suggests that too. And I rate my MH1C so close to my UE TF10(which I bought for ~200$). If you like the sound, you better try using the J-Cord, these get comfortable by time, just experiment with them, using triple flanges+shirt clip makes my 2nd pair comfortable for gym usage too...
While I agree that they sound good, I find the bass emphasis to be a bit overwhelming, making them inferior (by a long shot) to the GR04.post #914 of 123611/8/12 at 11:25am
Yeah, I also consider the gr04 flagship better. It's bass is less in qusntity but is faster and tighter and even though it does not extends as low as the mh1c I like it a lot more. The gr04 flagship might be slighly mid-forwars but I consider it more balanced than the mh1, especially with the mh1c's tips - they give it better separation, balance and more natural sound.post #915 of 123611/8/12 at 6:54pmThread StarterQuote:
....thus it is why sound signature is as much an important consideration as SQ in choosing of your own perfect IEM. I have categorized all IEM into 5 different sound signature but the reality is that they can still be separated into finer groups, but that will defeat the original goal of trying to keep things simple and easily understandable. At most, I am hoping this thread is merely a starting guide, but definitely still far from a full walkthrough that tell you how to beat the game in one go.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Band Name Game II 1 second ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 11 seconds ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 38 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Noble Audio Kaiser K10UA universal aluminum by Saraguie
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...