thank you! didnt expect it that soon!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAltec Lansing inMotion iM716tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productAudio Technica cks70tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productCreative Aurvana 2 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays a jays threetagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays a Jays twotagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays T Jays Onetagged by System, 2/23/11More
- productMEElectronics M 11+tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M1tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productOrtofon e-Q5tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productShure E3c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productSoundmagic PL 21tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 7/23/12
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tricky first foray in a brave new world - advice on budget IEMs Last post on 8/18/12 at 10:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
First of all, I’d like to thank iBasso for sending me a review sample of the D14. iBasso have really established themselves as a big name in portable audio devices and after reviewing both their...
Introduction: The whole reason I purchased these was because of jekostas review of the Bette 8MM 1+1 Hybrid: The 10MM version is going to mirror a lot of the 8MM, though I do not have the...
Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013) - Page 61
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #902 of 123511/4/12 at 4:25am
Looking to try analytical sound signature, Im inclined towards buying the RE-272. I liked Balanced(TF10) the most,Warm+sweet signature (MH1C/R-50) is close too, Mid (Meelec A161P) Im about to get it hands on a few days, didnt like bass signature at all..
As per Clies Review, it needs a good amp to shine. I dont like desktop amps, Im thinking of buying FiiO E11 since I need portability. Will it be enough to drive RE-272 or any other portable amp suggestions for driving RE-272? Budget for amp would <=100$
Please suggest here ClieOS! I have bought TF 10, MH1C both on your suggestions and they never disappointed me. I ordered Meelectronics A161P since I liked some aspects in your SBA-03 review and 80$ for a good BA is reasonable.
Edited by hitme987 - 11/4/12 at 4:48ampost #903 of 123511/4/12 at 4:33ampost #904 of 123511/4/12 at 4:36amQuote:
Yeah, the cable as well as mic part is bulky which tend to pull down especially on the move for me. For me, Using triple flanges solves it, it stays intact without falling, though not completely comfortablepost #905 of 123511/4/12 at 5:46ampost #906 of 123511/4/12 at 5:58amThread StarterQuote:
Suggestion to a sub-$100 amp that can drive RE272? Well, almost all portable amp should easily drive RE272 without a problem, but the key is to get it to sound at its best. My opinion is either a balanced or a balanced-ground amp, but none of them are cheap. E11 should be okey, but I'll suggest you listen to it without an amp first and see how it goes from there. If you like it enough, you probably don't need to get an amp.Quote:
Right? or do you mean left? My answer is the shirt clip and as I have said, you need to keep the cable behind the neck. If that doesn't work, you will need to try different eartips.post #907 of 123511/4/12 at 6:03amQuote:Originally Posted by ClieOS
Suggestion to a sub-$100 amp that can drive RE272? Well, almost all portable amp should easily drive RE272 without a problem, but the key is to get it to sound at its best. My opinion is either a balanced or a balanced-ground amp, but none of them are cheap. E11 should be okey, but I'll suggest you listen to it without an amp first and see how it goes from there. If you like it enough, you probably don't need to get an amp.
Hmm..I firstly am intending to buy a portable amp, will extend my budget to 200$ if there is a great one in that range. I am looking basically an amp basically to drive my present IEMs too to maximise its SQ (TF10, R-50, MH1C,A161P) and one which could maximize SQ of RE 272 when I buy it later. Any portable balanced/balanced-ground amp available in 100-200$?post #908 of 123511/4/12 at 6:10amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by hitme987
Hmm..I firstly am intending to buy a portable amp, will extend my budget to 200$ if there is a great one in that range. I am looking basically an amp basically to drive my present IEMs too to maximise its SQ (TF10, R-50, MH1C,A161P) and one which could maximize SQ of RE 272 when I buy it later. Any portable balanced/balanced-ground amp available in 100-200$?
There is one, the iBasso T5 - however, the build quality is not up-to-par so I really will not recommend it to you. My suggestion to you is to look for a 2nd hand StepDance or 2StapDance in the for sale forum. Alternative will be the O2. It is bulky but should do RE272 some justice.post #909 of 123511/4/12 at 7:16ampost #910 of 123511/7/12 at 10:43pmQuote:
Same thing here. Really want to like them, but the cable just spoils the package for me. Thinking of another option.
Anyone could compare the sound on these to VSonic GR04/GR02/GR06? Any other options with comparable sound in the up to $60 range?
Edited by aag1 - 11/7/12 at 10:45pmpost #911 of 123511/8/12 at 3:48amThread StarterQuote:
Are you having the cable going over the back of your neck? If not, try it. You should also use the shirt clip as well.
Anyway, if you like the sound of MH1C, I think you really won't find much of any upgrade at the price range you are looking for.
Edited by ClieOS - 11/8/12 at 3:50ampost #912 of 123511/8/12 at 5:16amQuote:
For the comparision, you just need to check the table :
I dont think you can get much more of a SQ upgrade without investing atleast 200$, the comparision table suggests that too. And I rate my MH1C so close to my UE TF10(which I bought for ~200$). If you like the sound, you better try using the J-Cord, these get comfortable by time, just experiment with them, using triple flanges+shirt clip makes my 2nd pair comfortable for gym usage too...post #913 of 123511/8/12 at 11:16amQuote:Originally Posted by hitme987Quote:
For the comparision, you just need to check the table :
I dont think you can get much more of a SQ upgrade without investing atleast 200$, the comparision table suggests that too. And I rate my MH1C so close to my UE TF10(which I bought for ~200$). If you like the sound, you better try using the J-Cord, these get comfortable by time, just experiment with them, using triple flanges+shirt clip makes my 2nd pair comfortable for gym usage too...
While I agree that they sound good, I find the bass emphasis to be a bit overwhelming, making them inferior (by a long shot) to the GR04.post #914 of 123511/8/12 at 11:25am
Yeah, I also consider the gr04 flagship better. It's bass is less in qusntity but is faster and tighter and even though it does not extends as low as the mh1c I like it a lot more. The gr04 flagship might be slighly mid-forwars but I consider it more balanced than the mh1, especially with the mh1c's tips - they give it better separation, balance and more natural sound.post #915 of 123511/8/12 at 6:54pmThread StarterQuote:
....thus it is why sound signature is as much an important consideration as SQ in choosing of your own perfect IEM. I have categorized all IEM into 5 different sound signature but the reality is that they can still be separated into finer groups, but that will defeat the original goal of trying to keep things simple and easily understandable. At most, I am hoping this thread is merely a starting guide, but definitely still far from a full walkthrough that tell you how to beat the game in one go.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › FIIO X5 2nd gen firmware FW1.0 53 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › The Somic Thread--50mm driver open air full size cans pop out of... 3 minutes ago
- › The Best Noise Cancelling (ANC) Bluetooth Headphones "discussion... 4 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › Definitive technology (DefTech) symphony 1 10 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 10 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 12 minutes ago
- › The Little Dot Mk IV / SE Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 13 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3