Whts the best IEM in Soundstage and warm sound? (Like Eterna but better)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAltec Lansing inMotion iM716tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productAudio Technica cks70tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productCreative Aurvana 2 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays a jays threetagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays a Jays twotagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays T Jays Onetagged by System, 2/23/11More
- productMEElectronics M 11+tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M1tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productOrtofon e-Q5tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productShure E3c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productSoundmagic PL 21tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 7/23/12
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tricky first foray in a brave new world - advice on budget IEMs Last post on 8/18/12 at 10:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
They sound nice and have lot of bass.. the wire is cheap but did not break for now but for intensive use im sure it will.... The treble is killing my ear seriously i may have got a...
The sound of master 1s is trully great for its size, especially the lower end. As you can see the NOS arrived with deteriorated ear pad and it still sound good with lot of bass extension. Even...
Using TheHeadphoneList's Review Format Below Accessories - 3/5 You get a semi-hard case with a felt-like exterior that zips up and 3 different sized tips to help fit your ears....
Brainwavz HM9 is a portable / foldable, super comfortable headphone priced at $150 USD ($119 at the time of writting on Amazon) that surely grabs attention including mine, with it's stylish...
Ok guys, here's my take on the SennGrados... First of all, I would like to mention that these are not my personal cans, they are on loan to me as part of a tour that's spreading the word on...
Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013) - Page 58
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #857 of 123110/29/12 at 10:19amThread StarterQuote:
Two come to my mind: VSONIC GR07 and TDK IE800.post #858 of 123110/29/12 at 1:38pmpost #859 of 123110/29/12 at 1:56pmpost #860 of 123110/29/12 at 7:16pmThread StarterQuote:
They are more or less around the same performance. A well driven RE262 can compete with GR07. The question is less about which is the best, but which fits your preference better. For example, RE262 is really musical, GR07 has great technicality, etc. But for something the fits the description of warm and good soundstage, IE800 will be my top choice.post #861 of 123110/29/12 at 8:45pmpost #862 of 123110/29/12 at 9:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by ClieOS
They are more or less around the same performance. A well driven RE262 can compete with GR07. The question is less about which is the best, but which fits your preference better. For example, RE262 is really musical, GR07 has great technicality, etc. But for something the fits the description of warm and good soundstage, IE800 will be my top choice.
How are the mids (forward, neutral, recessed) and the technicality on the TDK IE800? Can its technicality compete with the GR07? thankspost #863 of 123110/29/12 at 9:16pmpost #864 of 123110/29/12 at 9:39pmQuote:
Do you have the 3580? Any chance of a comparison? I'm looking for a cheaper phone with a mic, not sure which way to go.post #865 of 123110/29/12 at 10:34pmpost #866 of 123110/29/12 at 11:09pmQuote:
Awesome, thanks for the info!post #867 of 123110/29/12 at 11:34pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by FusRoDah
With that in mind, is j-phonic K2 (SP) is what i'm looking for? If i'm willing to pay Japanese MSRP for it, which is 39,900+ JPY, can you point me to any alternatives and do you think it still worth that price tag?
I'll be using IEMs mainly at home with PC/laptop and maybe outdoor, tho i might just use A151 for that. If we talking about K2, any portable (transportable) DACs/amps you can recommend in particular and will i even benefit from using one in my case?
I listen to pretty much all music genres, from (indie) rock and EDM to soundtracks. No jazz or classical tho, but i like analyse music sometimes.
P.S. If i'd want something a bit different, like good all-around sound with bass, treble AND soundstage, am i looking on balanced sound signature? And are there even such IEM that do all those things equally well and fit the bill?
Excellent choice on the K2 SP, but unfortunately it is not about the money. Due to poor economy, jphonic shut down its oversea branch and decide to work only with in the Japanese market, meaning you can't order one if you are not in Japan. The only way to get one is through someone in Japan or pick up an used pair (unless of course you live in Japan). Anyway, give your liking toward A151, I'll suggest Westone 4 as an alternative. It is warmer than K2 SP overall, but still technically strong and match A151 sound signature better. However, if you are looking for a more 'balanced' sound (bass, treble and soundstage), the T-POES H100 is a great choice (while still near the same level as K2 SP and W4), and save you a batch of money as well.Quote:
It isn't particularly forward, but like RE262, mid is IE800 strong point. If there is one pair of IEM that has RE262 sound signature and I believe to be better, I'll say it is IE800 as it handle treble and soundstage more delicately. I do believe IE800 can stand up to GR07 in most area. While GR07 might win on on certain area, as a whole I do prefer IE800 just a little more.Quote:
Give it more time and you'll find outpost #868 of 123110/30/12 at 12:23amQuote:Originally Posted by ClieOS
It isn't particularly forward, but like RE262, mid is IE800 strong point. If there is one pair of IEM that has RE262 sound signature and I believe to be better, I'll say it is IE800 as it handle treble and soundstage more delicately. I do believe IE800 can stand up to GR07 in most area. While GR07 might win on on certain area, as a whole I do prefer IE800 just a little more.
Thanks. If I could ask a couple more things, how is the bass quality on the TDK IE800? Is it more focused on mid bass or sub bass, and how is the sub bass depth/extension? thanks again
Edited by jbsteeves - 10/30/12 at 12:24ampost #869 of 123110/30/12 at 2:11amThread StarterQuality is really good, extends down to 20Hz. But it is not a bass heavy IEM. At most I'll say it is quantitatively in line with the mid, so it is more or less neutral in this part of the FR curve.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 1 minute ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › hfb_9.8.14 - Apollonian Squint, 150+ albums to hear 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › AD2000 very good condition 5 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 6 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 9 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 by RubxQub
- › Brainwavz HM9 Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by wormsdriver
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by trevorburnham
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › HeadRoom Little With More Power Supply by Mshenay
- › beyerdynamic T50p by gotak
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Tom22
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)