Whts the best IEM in Soundstage and warm sound? (Like Eterna but better)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAltec Lansing inMotion iM716tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productAudio Technica cks70tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productCreative Aurvana 2 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays a jays threetagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays a Jays twotagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays T Jays Onetagged by System, 2/23/11More
- productMEElectronics M 11+tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M1tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productOrtofon e-Q5tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productShure E3c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productSoundmagic PL 21tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 7/23/12
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tricky first foray in a brave new world - advice on budget IEMs Last post on 8/18/12 at 10:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013) - Page 58
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #857 of 123010/29/12 at 10:19amThread StarterQuote:
Two come to my mind: VSONIC GR07 and TDK IE800.post #858 of 123010/29/12 at 1:38pmpost #859 of 123010/29/12 at 1:56pmpost #860 of 123010/29/12 at 7:16pmThread StarterQuote:
They are more or less around the same performance. A well driven RE262 can compete with GR07. The question is less about which is the best, but which fits your preference better. For example, RE262 is really musical, GR07 has great technicality, etc. But for something the fits the description of warm and good soundstage, IE800 will be my top choice.post #861 of 123010/29/12 at 8:45pmpost #862 of 123010/29/12 at 9:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by ClieOS
They are more or less around the same performance. A well driven RE262 can compete with GR07. The question is less about which is the best, but which fits your preference better. For example, RE262 is really musical, GR07 has great technicality, etc. But for something the fits the description of warm and good soundstage, IE800 will be my top choice.
How are the mids (forward, neutral, recessed) and the technicality on the TDK IE800? Can its technicality compete with the GR07? thankspost #863 of 123010/29/12 at 9:16pmpost #864 of 123010/29/12 at 9:39pmQuote:
Do you have the 3580? Any chance of a comparison? I'm looking for a cheaper phone with a mic, not sure which way to go.post #865 of 123010/29/12 at 10:34pmpost #866 of 123010/29/12 at 11:09pmQuote:
Awesome, thanks for the info!post #867 of 123010/29/12 at 11:34pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by FusRoDah
With that in mind, is j-phonic K2 (SP) is what i'm looking for? If i'm willing to pay Japanese MSRP for it, which is 39,900+ JPY, can you point me to any alternatives and do you think it still worth that price tag?
I'll be using IEMs mainly at home with PC/laptop and maybe outdoor, tho i might just use A151 for that. If we talking about K2, any portable (transportable) DACs/amps you can recommend in particular and will i even benefit from using one in my case?
I listen to pretty much all music genres, from (indie) rock and EDM to soundtracks. No jazz or classical tho, but i like analyse music sometimes.
P.S. If i'd want something a bit different, like good all-around sound with bass, treble AND soundstage, am i looking on balanced sound signature? And are there even such IEM that do all those things equally well and fit the bill?
Excellent choice on the K2 SP, but unfortunately it is not about the money. Due to poor economy, jphonic shut down its oversea branch and decide to work only with in the Japanese market, meaning you can't order one if you are not in Japan. The only way to get one is through someone in Japan or pick up an used pair (unless of course you live in Japan). Anyway, give your liking toward A151, I'll suggest Westone 4 as an alternative. It is warmer than K2 SP overall, but still technically strong and match A151 sound signature better. However, if you are looking for a more 'balanced' sound (bass, treble and soundstage), the T-POES H100 is a great choice (while still near the same level as K2 SP and W4), and save you a batch of money as well.Quote:
It isn't particularly forward, but like RE262, mid is IE800 strong point. If there is one pair of IEM that has RE262 sound signature and I believe to be better, I'll say it is IE800 as it handle treble and soundstage more delicately. I do believe IE800 can stand up to GR07 in most area. While GR07 might win on on certain area, as a whole I do prefer IE800 just a little more.Quote:
Give it more time and you'll find outpost #868 of 123010/30/12 at 12:23amQuote:Originally Posted by ClieOS
It isn't particularly forward, but like RE262, mid is IE800 strong point. If there is one pair of IEM that has RE262 sound signature and I believe to be better, I'll say it is IE800 as it handle treble and soundstage more delicately. I do believe IE800 can stand up to GR07 in most area. While GR07 might win on on certain area, as a whole I do prefer IE800 just a little more.
Thanks. If I could ask a couple more things, how is the bass quality on the TDK IE800? Is it more focused on mid bass or sub bass, and how is the sub bass depth/extension? thanks again
Edited by jbsteeves - 10/30/12 at 12:24ampost #869 of 123010/30/12 at 2:11amThread StarterQuality is really good, extends down to 20Hz. But it is not a bass heavy IEM. At most I'll say it is quantitatively in line with the mid, so it is more or less neutral in this part of the FR curve.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 20 seconds ago
- › The GrubDAC 30 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 46 seconds ago
- › Conflicting information on Cables and other audiophile components. 57 seconds ago
- › USB sound card 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Soundcard! Creative SB Z Vs ZxR ! And new Headphones in a near... 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread (Preliminary Impressions) 2 minutes ago
- › Need new IEMs, reccomendations for under $150 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)