Whts the best IEM in Soundstage and warm sound? (Like Eterna but better)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAltec Lansing inMotion iM716tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productAudio Technica cks70tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productCreative Aurvana 2 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays a jays threetagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays a Jays twotagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays T Jays Onetagged by System, 2/23/11More
- productMEElectronics M 11+tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M1tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productOrtofon e-Q5tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productShure E3c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productSoundmagic PL 21tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 7/23/12
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 1/2/14 at 8:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tricky first foray in a brave new world - advice on budget IEMs Last post on 8/18/12 at 10:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/7/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013) - Page 58
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #857 of 122510/29/12 at 10:19amThread StarterQuote:
Two come to my mind: VSONIC GR07 and TDK IE800.post #858 of 122510/29/12 at 1:38pmpost #859 of 122510/29/12 at 1:56pmpost #860 of 122510/29/12 at 7:16pmThread StarterQuote:
They are more or less around the same performance. A well driven RE262 can compete with GR07. The question is less about which is the best, but which fits your preference better. For example, RE262 is really musical, GR07 has great technicality, etc. But for something the fits the description of warm and good soundstage, IE800 will be my top choice.post #861 of 122510/29/12 at 8:45pmpost #862 of 122510/29/12 at 9:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by ClieOS
They are more or less around the same performance. A well driven RE262 can compete with GR07. The question is less about which is the best, but which fits your preference better. For example, RE262 is really musical, GR07 has great technicality, etc. But for something the fits the description of warm and good soundstage, IE800 will be my top choice.
How are the mids (forward, neutral, recessed) and the technicality on the TDK IE800? Can its technicality compete with the GR07? thankspost #863 of 122510/29/12 at 9:16pmpost #864 of 122510/29/12 at 9:39pmQuote:
Do you have the 3580? Any chance of a comparison? I'm looking for a cheaper phone with a mic, not sure which way to go.post #865 of 122510/29/12 at 10:34pmpost #866 of 122510/29/12 at 11:09pmQuote:
Awesome, thanks for the info!post #867 of 122510/29/12 at 11:34pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by FusRoDah
With that in mind, is j-phonic K2 (SP) is what i'm looking for? If i'm willing to pay Japanese MSRP for it, which is 39,900+ JPY, can you point me to any alternatives and do you think it still worth that price tag?
I'll be using IEMs mainly at home with PC/laptop and maybe outdoor, tho i might just use A151 for that. If we talking about K2, any portable (transportable) DACs/amps you can recommend in particular and will i even benefit from using one in my case?
I listen to pretty much all music genres, from (indie) rock and EDM to soundtracks. No jazz or classical tho, but i like analyse music sometimes.
P.S. If i'd want something a bit different, like good all-around sound with bass, treble AND soundstage, am i looking on balanced sound signature? And are there even such IEM that do all those things equally well and fit the bill?
Excellent choice on the K2 SP, but unfortunately it is not about the money. Due to poor economy, jphonic shut down its oversea branch and decide to work only with in the Japanese market, meaning you can't order one if you are not in Japan. The only way to get one is through someone in Japan or pick up an used pair (unless of course you live in Japan). Anyway, give your liking toward A151, I'll suggest Westone 4 as an alternative. It is warmer than K2 SP overall, but still technically strong and match A151 sound signature better. However, if you are looking for a more 'balanced' sound (bass, treble and soundstage), the T-POES H100 is a great choice (while still near the same level as K2 SP and W4), and save you a batch of money as well.Quote:
It isn't particularly forward, but like RE262, mid is IE800 strong point. If there is one pair of IEM that has RE262 sound signature and I believe to be better, I'll say it is IE800 as it handle treble and soundstage more delicately. I do believe IE800 can stand up to GR07 in most area. While GR07 might win on on certain area, as a whole I do prefer IE800 just a little more.Quote:
Give it more time and you'll find outpost #868 of 122510/30/12 at 12:23amQuote:Originally Posted by ClieOS
It isn't particularly forward, but like RE262, mid is IE800 strong point. If there is one pair of IEM that has RE262 sound signature and I believe to be better, I'll say it is IE800 as it handle treble and soundstage more delicately. I do believe IE800 can stand up to GR07 in most area. While GR07 might win on on certain area, as a whole I do prefer IE800 just a little more.
Thanks. If I could ask a couple more things, how is the bass quality on the TDK IE800? Is it more focused on mid bass or sub bass, and how is the sub bass depth/extension? thanks again
Edited by jbsteeves - 10/30/12 at 12:24ampost #869 of 122510/30/12 at 2:11amThread StarterQuality is really good, extends down to 20Hz. But it is not a bass heavy IEM. At most I'll say it is quantitatively in line with the mid, so it is more or less neutral in this part of the FR curve.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Any good quality USB sound cards to power DT 700 80s? 21 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 1 minute ago
- › Grado RS1i Appreciation thread 4 minutes ago
- › wtb: Stax Lambda Nova Signature LNS 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 5 minutes ago
- › If someone buy me the headphone (any price), but not the amp and CD... 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 6 minutes ago
- › HD600 and Toxic cables 6 minutes ago
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob