Rating for RE262 adjusted due to new price and new design.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAltec Lansing inMotion iM716tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productAudio Technica cks70tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productCreative Aurvana 2 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- brandFiiOtagged by freddy315, 12/26/15
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays a jays threetagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays a Jays twotagged by System, 2/23/11More
- productJays T Jays Onetagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMEElectronics M 11+tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M1tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productOrtofon e-Q5tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productShure E3c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productSoundmagic PL 21tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 7/23/12
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tricky first foray in a brave new world - advice on budget IEMs Last post on 8/18/12 at 10:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/6/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
*review this right after i have this headphone. burn in test not yet available Lost my AKG K403, my very first HD headphone (to me). Very low on budget, found this, bought it, waited for a near...
INTRODUCTION: Paw Gold is a high resolution music player from the brand Lotoo, that is part of the Beijing Infomedia Electronic Technology Co Ltd. It sports an industrial looking outer body...
Too much dirt and sibilance at 5.5-6.5KHz. Also they are not so murderous about bass as many people suggest. Characteristics (subjective, 10 max): Resolution:...
Preamble: Etymotic Research, founded in 1983 in the USA by Mead Killion (http://www.etymotic.com/about-us/interview-with-mead), a man that I highly respect, is widely...
It’s been a year since I started writing/filming reviews, and it all began with the ZMF Vibro Mk. I in cornflower blue. I found the sound very fun, found the bass ports interesting and thought they...
Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013) - Page 6post #76 of 12373/13/11 at 10:49pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 12373/14/11 at 4:26ampost #78 of 12373/14/11 at 4:30amThread StarterQuote:
That I don't know. But given the RE272 is said to be ready for market soon and will be around for $250~260, I think the chance of RE262's price being lowered to $150 is high.
post #79 of 12373/14/11 at 1:36pm
Hope you can help me out.
I have the Brainwavz M2 and the Qjays that i listen to alot to.
Weird thing is..overall i prefer the Qjays, but on certain type of music i prefer the M2.
Somehow with music with a beat the M2s sounds so much better than the Qjays....that I tend to replace the qjays with the M2. Its really starting to bug me...all that switching around.
Seems I am very partial to the (mid)bass in my music.
My questions are:
1) Is there a headphone that combines great highs(without sibilance), Great mids(vocals) and of course with a nice strong bass with a nice thump(midbass?) ..without getting to bassy.(I mean with artificial enhancement of lowend)?
2)If question 1 is a negative. Does my preference for bass/midbass means that I am more of a dynamic than balanced armature type?
3) Any suggestions of an IEM?
I only have 2 IEMs and it just bugs me how often i get the urge to switch. I wonder how people do it with more than 2 IEMs.(Think that's 90% of all headfiers)post #80 of 12373/14/11 at 7:11pmThread Starter
It does seem like you are partial to mid and bass (which is where dynamic usually excels over BA). For that, I think you will like Ortofon e-Q5, though it is much more expensive then q-JAYS. However, not all hope is lost with the q-JAYS - I will suggest you try the O.J.mod first, which transforms the lean and clear q-JAYS to a fuller mid, which is much more enjoyable IMO.post #81 of 12373/20/11 at 2:02amThread Starterpost #82 of 12374/1/11 at 1:04ampost #83 of 12374/1/11 at 1:11amThread Starterpost #84 of 12374/2/11 at 7:01ampost #85 of 12374/2/11 at 8:06amThread StarterQuote:
Thanks. Really hope I can answer your question but I haven't listened to SM3 yet (I visited the store that carries it a while ago but I forgot to ask for an audition). If I have to make a guess based on the review I read so far, I'll say it probably belong to Warm+Sweet - then again it is a total guess.post #86 of 12374/17/11 at 8:26amThread Starterpost #87 of 12374/18/11 at 6:48ampost #88 of 12374/18/11 at 7:09ampost #89 of 12374/18/11 at 8:11amThread Starter
Probably Warm+Sweet. I can't really give you any definitive answer since I only auditioned UM3X briefly quite some time ago and never reviewed it formally.
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 15 seconds ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 33 seconds ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80-Ohm Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Accutone Pisces HD by Cinder
- › Beyerdynamic DT 480 by kman1211
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear