Rating for RE262 adjusted due to new price and new design.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAltec Lansing inMotion iM716tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productAudio Technica cks70tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productCreative Aurvana 2 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by System, 3/8/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays a jays threetagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays a Jays twotagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays T Jays Onetagged by System, 2/23/11More
- productMEElectronics M 11+tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M1tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productOrtofon e-Q5tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productShure E3c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productSoundmagic PL 21tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 7/24/12
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tricky first foray in a brave new world - advice on budget IEMs Last post on 8/18/12 at 10:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/23/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/4/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is the veteran ex-flagship model from FitEar／須山補聴器 before the Mitsuharu Harada series (MH335DW) was released recently. The C435 is a 4 way crossover configuration, 5 drivers (2 highs, 2 mids 1...
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
The review is based on the stock pads, not based on the upgraded velour pads. The only problem with the sound quality is a weird color in the upper mids, around vocal range. This is due to the...
Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013) - Page 6post #76 of 12023/13/11 at 10:49pmThread Starterpost #77 of 12023/14/11 at 4:26ampost #78 of 12023/14/11 at 4:30amThread StarterQuote:
That I don't know. But given the RE272 is said to be ready for market soon and will be around for $250~260, I think the chance of RE262's price being lowered to $150 is high.
post #79 of 12023/14/11 at 1:36pm
Hope you can help me out.
I have the Brainwavz M2 and the Qjays that i listen to alot to.
Weird thing is..overall i prefer the Qjays, but on certain type of music i prefer the M2.
Somehow with music with a beat the M2s sounds so much better than the Qjays....that I tend to replace the qjays with the M2. Its really starting to bug me...all that switching around.
Seems I am very partial to the (mid)bass in my music.
My questions are:
1) Is there a headphone that combines great highs(without sibilance), Great mids(vocals) and of course with a nice strong bass with a nice thump(midbass?) ..without getting to bassy.(I mean with artificial enhancement of lowend)?
2)If question 1 is a negative. Does my preference for bass/midbass means that I am more of a dynamic than balanced armature type?
3) Any suggestions of an IEM?
I only have 2 IEMs and it just bugs me how often i get the urge to switch. I wonder how people do it with more than 2 IEMs.(Think that's 90% of all headfiers)post #80 of 12023/14/11 at 7:11pmThread Starter
It does seem like you are partial to mid and bass (which is where dynamic usually excels over BA). For that, I think you will like Ortofon e-Q5, though it is much more expensive then q-JAYS. However, not all hope is lost with the q-JAYS - I will suggest you try the O.J.mod first, which transforms the lean and clear q-JAYS to a fuller mid, which is much more enjoyable IMO.post #81 of 12023/20/11 at 2:02amThread Starterpost #82 of 12024/1/11 at 1:04ampost #83 of 12024/1/11 at 1:11amThread Starterpost #84 of 12024/2/11 at 7:01ampost #85 of 12024/2/11 at 8:06amThread StarterQuote:
Thanks. Really hope I can answer your question but I haven't listened to SM3 yet (I visited the store that carries it a while ago but I forgot to ask for an audition). If I have to make a guess based on the review I read so far, I'll say it probably belong to Warm+Sweet - then again it is a total guess.post #86 of 12024/17/11 at 8:26amThread Starterpost #87 of 12024/18/11 at 6:48ampost #88 of 12024/18/11 at 7:09ampost #89 of 12024/18/11 at 8:11amThread Starter
Probably Warm+Sweet. I can't really give you any definitive answer since I only auditioned UM3X briefly quite some time ago and never reviewed it formally.
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › How much sound leaks out of the HD 558s? 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › $350CAD HERUS: Asynchronous USB Audio 2.0, 24bit 352.8Ks/S, DXD and... 1 minute ago
- › is audeze a bad idea for classical music? 2 minutes ago
- › Student looking for best nose isolation headphones for <£30 (please... 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › knife-fi? 4 minutes ago
- › Best office headphones 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 4 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by TheLastDevil
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi