Rating for RE262 adjusted due to new price and new design.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAltec Lansing inMotion iM716tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productAudio Technica cks70tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productCreative Aurvana 2 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays a jays threetagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays a Jays twotagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays T Jays Onetagged by System, 2/23/11More
- productMEElectronics M 11+tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M1tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productOrtofon e-Q5tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productShure E3c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productSoundmagic PL 21tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 7/23/12
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tricky first foray in a brave new world - advice on budget IEMs Last post on 8/18/12 at 10:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
I am a Grado fan. More precisely, I am a Grado modder. Everything I listen to is tinkered with, and woodied….Needless to say, I favor a bright sound signature, open-backs and am not very into IEMs....
www.krish-tech.com INTRODUCTION M AUDIO BX5 D2 is a studio monitor,which means that it is mostly used for mixing in studios but that doesn't mean it's not a good desktop speakers in...
Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013) - Page 6post #76 of 12303/13/11 at 10:49pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 12303/14/11 at 4:26ampost #78 of 12303/14/11 at 4:30amThread StarterQuote:
That I don't know. But given the RE272 is said to be ready for market soon and will be around for $250~260, I think the chance of RE262's price being lowered to $150 is high.
post #79 of 12303/14/11 at 1:36pm
Hope you can help me out.
I have the Brainwavz M2 and the Qjays that i listen to alot to.
Weird thing is..overall i prefer the Qjays, but on certain type of music i prefer the M2.
Somehow with music with a beat the M2s sounds so much better than the Qjays....that I tend to replace the qjays with the M2. Its really starting to bug me...all that switching around.
Seems I am very partial to the (mid)bass in my music.
My questions are:
1) Is there a headphone that combines great highs(without sibilance), Great mids(vocals) and of course with a nice strong bass with a nice thump(midbass?) ..without getting to bassy.(I mean with artificial enhancement of lowend)?
2)If question 1 is a negative. Does my preference for bass/midbass means that I am more of a dynamic than balanced armature type?
3) Any suggestions of an IEM?
I only have 2 IEMs and it just bugs me how often i get the urge to switch. I wonder how people do it with more than 2 IEMs.(Think that's 90% of all headfiers)post #80 of 12303/14/11 at 7:11pmThread Starter
It does seem like you are partial to mid and bass (which is where dynamic usually excels over BA). For that, I think you will like Ortofon e-Q5, though it is much more expensive then q-JAYS. However, not all hope is lost with the q-JAYS - I will suggest you try the O.J.mod first, which transforms the lean and clear q-JAYS to a fuller mid, which is much more enjoyable IMO.post #81 of 12303/20/11 at 2:02amThread Starterpost #82 of 12304/1/11 at 1:04ampost #83 of 12304/1/11 at 1:11amThread Starterpost #84 of 12304/2/11 at 7:01ampost #85 of 12304/2/11 at 8:06amThread StarterQuote:
Thanks. Really hope I can answer your question but I haven't listened to SM3 yet (I visited the store that carries it a while ago but I forgot to ask for an audition). If I have to make a guess based on the review I read so far, I'll say it probably belong to Warm+Sweet - then again it is a total guess.post #86 of 12304/17/11 at 8:26amThread Starterpost #87 of 12304/18/11 at 6:48ampost #88 of 12304/18/11 at 7:09ampost #89 of 12304/18/11 at 8:11amThread Starter
Probably Warm+Sweet. I can't really give you any definitive answer since I only auditioned UM3X briefly quite some time ago and never reviewed it formally.
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › IC: Sennheiser hd800 mint 7 weeks old 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Sennheiser IE 800 earphones 2 minutes ago
- › Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified... 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › DSD Dac 5 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN HE-400i touring event is coming. 6 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Grado Labs PS500e by xylin6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)