Rating for RE262 adjusted due to new price and new design.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAltec Lansing inMotion iM716tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productAudio Technica cks70tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productCreative Aurvana 2 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays a jays threetagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays a Jays twotagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays T Jays Onetagged by System, 2/23/11More
- productMEElectronics M 11+tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M1tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productOrtofon e-Q5tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productShure E3c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productSoundmagic PL 21tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 7/23/12
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tricky first foray in a brave new world - advice on budget IEMs Last post on 8/18/12 at 10:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 3/10/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013) - Page 6post #76 of 12343/13/11 at 10:49pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 12343/14/11 at 4:26ampost #78 of 12343/14/11 at 4:30amThread StarterQuote:
That I don't know. But given the RE272 is said to be ready for market soon and will be around for $250~260, I think the chance of RE262's price being lowered to $150 is high.
post #79 of 12343/14/11 at 1:36pm
Hope you can help me out.
I have the Brainwavz M2 and the Qjays that i listen to alot to.
Weird thing is..overall i prefer the Qjays, but on certain type of music i prefer the M2.
Somehow with music with a beat the M2s sounds so much better than the Qjays....that I tend to replace the qjays with the M2. Its really starting to bug me...all that switching around.
Seems I am very partial to the (mid)bass in my music.
My questions are:
1) Is there a headphone that combines great highs(without sibilance), Great mids(vocals) and of course with a nice strong bass with a nice thump(midbass?) ..without getting to bassy.(I mean with artificial enhancement of lowend)?
2)If question 1 is a negative. Does my preference for bass/midbass means that I am more of a dynamic than balanced armature type?
3) Any suggestions of an IEM?
I only have 2 IEMs and it just bugs me how often i get the urge to switch. I wonder how people do it with more than 2 IEMs.(Think that's 90% of all headfiers)post #80 of 12343/14/11 at 7:11pmThread Starter
It does seem like you are partial to mid and bass (which is where dynamic usually excels over BA). For that, I think you will like Ortofon e-Q5, though it is much more expensive then q-JAYS. However, not all hope is lost with the q-JAYS - I will suggest you try the O.J.mod first, which transforms the lean and clear q-JAYS to a fuller mid, which is much more enjoyable IMO.post #81 of 12343/20/11 at 2:02amThread Starterpost #82 of 12344/1/11 at 1:04ampost #83 of 12344/1/11 at 1:11amThread Starterpost #84 of 12344/2/11 at 7:01ampost #85 of 12344/2/11 at 8:06amThread StarterQuote:
Thanks. Really hope I can answer your question but I haven't listened to SM3 yet (I visited the store that carries it a while ago but I forgot to ask for an audition). If I have to make a guess based on the review I read so far, I'll say it probably belong to Warm+Sweet - then again it is a total guess.post #86 of 12344/17/11 at 8:26amThread Starterpost #87 of 12344/18/11 at 6:48ampost #88 of 12344/18/11 at 7:09ampost #89 of 12344/18/11 at 8:11amThread Starter
Probably Warm+Sweet. I can't really give you any definitive answer since I only auditioned UM3X briefly quite some time ago and never reviewed it formally.
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Unbalanced sound in my ears 28 seconds ago
- › Custom Art's First Foray into Acrylic CIEMs: Ei.3 35 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 14 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 or M2 Wired 14 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 15 minutes ago
- › Headphone amplifier overload! 15 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 15 minutes ago
- › WTB: Wattgate 381 AG Silver duplex outlet(AUS would be great) 15 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 17 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2