Updated with four Xears.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAltec Lansing inMotion iM716tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productAudio Technica cks70tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productCreative Aurvana 2 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- brandFiiOtagged by freddy315, 12/26/15
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays a jays threetagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays a Jays twotagged by System, 2/23/11More
- productJays T Jays Onetagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMEElectronics M 11+tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M1tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productOrtofon e-Q5tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productShure E3c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productSoundmagic PL 21tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 7/23/12
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tricky first foray in a brave new world - advice on budget IEMs Last post on 8/18/12 at 10:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/6/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
JOMO PLB (Pretty Little Beast) IEM Review - Expatinjapan `Oh you pretty things` - David Bowie Jomo Audio PLB, Opus#3 Dap and Double Helix Cable. JOMO PLB (Pretty little...
In the present state of portable audio markets, with one-upmanship of driver counts (and prices) fast becoming the norm, Campfire Audio has blazed its own path by offering immaculately crafted,...
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEWS ARE CREATED BY SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM AND MORE DETAILED REVIEW CAN BE FOUND ON THE WEBSITE INTRODUCTION We reviewed the VE Monk Plus recently and fell in love with it. The...
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEW ARE DONE @ SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM and more insightful review can be found on our site. INTRODUCTION If you are on a budget then you are in for some good luck because...
Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013) - Page 14post #196 of 12378/1/11 at 8:05pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 12378/1/11 at 8:52pm
btw. i havent read all the full-reviews in this thread, but may i ask: is there any iem with a very good isolation level . which is not an Etymotic or Shure , and IT IS in the sub $100 range?
and not the Eterna
Edited by lina - 8/3/11 at 5:46ampost #198 of 12378/8/11 at 9:59amThread Starter
ECCI PG100, Ultimate Ears 100 and 200 added.Quote:
Sorry for missed the question last time. Actually Etymotic and Shure both have the best isolation on all price level they cover. The just reviewed UE100 and UE200 both offer pretty good isolation, though they are far from the best sounding sub-$100 IEM. MEElec CC51 is a good option but not for small ear canal. MEElec A151 has decent isolation (less than CC51) and better for smaller ears.post #199 of 12378/8/11 at 11:11ampost #200 of 12378/10/11 at 10:22amThread Starterpost #201 of 12378/10/11 at 10:31am
Quote:Originally Posted by ClieOS
ECCI PG100, Ultimate Ears 100 and 200 added.
Sorry for missed the question last time. Actually Etymotic and Shure both have the best isolation on all price level they cover. The just reviewed UE100 and UE200 both offer pretty good isolation, though they are far from the best sounding sub-$100 IEM. MEElec CC51 is a good option but not for small ear canal. MEElec A151 has decent isolation (less than CC51) and better for smaller ears.
and great updates!
post #202 of 12378/18/11 at 4:27am
my new RE0 (only a week) already broke. housing spltting. i asked for replacement or a refund.
if a refund, i'm considering the Xcape IE or Xcited. but do they have a better build quality?
really dissapoiting. even the PL50 were better
Edited by kanuka - 8/18/11 at 4:30ampost #203 of 12378/18/11 at 4:53amThread StarterQuote:
PL-50 has housing split issue too. It seems to be a common issue with RE0 these days, they really need to use better glue. If you can live with it, the easy way out is to superglued them together. I'll say Xcape IE and Xcited is a little better in build quality, but not vastly.post #204 of 12378/18/11 at 5:08ampost #205 of 12378/18/11 at 5:12amQuote:post #206 of 12378/18/11 at 6:23amThread StarterQuote:
MEElec has excellent build quality, but doesn't have model that compete directly with RE0 yet.post #207 of 12378/18/11 at 11:33amQuote:
yes, i'm awared of that, but i'd rather get a better build. i mean, less than a week, and split? maybe it was just my bad luck that i got a bad one. i have a meelec on its way, so i'll decide after that.
too bad, the RE0 ARE awsome
post #208 of 12378/26/11 at 10:22pm
IMO, ClieOS's review "format" and style comes closest to ideal. joker's color-coded matrix is good, but I don't agree with his conclusions as much as ClieOS's (which is marginal ;-) at most).
IAC, nice work.post #209 of 12378/27/11 at 4:57amThread Starter
Thanks for the comment, alphaman. It has taken a few twists and turns to get to the current format and I sure hope it is as useful as I thought it would be.post #210 of 12378/27/11 at 9:55am
You've got a long test list. Unfortunately, SEVERAL popular and/or higher-end models are missing, so I don't visit your review thread as often as I'd like.
Would like to see these added:
Add $USD for each unit, say after Pro/Con.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 33 seconds ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 42 seconds ago
- › Benjie Offical Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 5 minutes ago
- › Your collection :) 7 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS... 10 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 11 minutes ago
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear