Updated with four Xears.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAltec Lansing inMotion iM716tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productAudio Technica cks70tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productCreative Aurvana 2 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- brandFiiOtagged by freddy315, 12/26/15
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays a jays threetagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays a Jays twotagged by System, 2/23/11More
- productJays T Jays Onetagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMEElectronics M 11+tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M1tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productOrtofon e-Q5tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productShure E3c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productSoundmagic PL 21tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 7/23/12
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tricky first foray in a brave new world - advice on budget IEMs Last post on 8/18/12 at 10:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This review is from earphonia.com Re-posted on headfi to share to impressions http://earphonia.com/earphone-cables/effect-audio-iem-cable-thor-silver-ii-lightning-strikes As a lot of...
Intro The Meze 12 Classics has been provided to me by the Meze company as part of the official European review tour in exchange for my honest opinion. Later on Meze decided the participants can...
Hello and thanks for getting to my review! Firstly, need to tell you that this DAC/headamp has no battery inside, so those needing something to listen while jogging or walking might need to...
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013) - Page 14post #196 of 12378/1/11 at 8:05pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 12378/1/11 at 8:52pm
btw. i havent read all the full-reviews in this thread, but may i ask: is there any iem with a very good isolation level . which is not an Etymotic or Shure , and IT IS in the sub $100 range?
and not the Eterna
Edited by lina - 8/3/11 at 5:46ampost #198 of 12378/8/11 at 9:59amThread Starter
ECCI PG100, Ultimate Ears 100 and 200 added.Quote:
Sorry for missed the question last time. Actually Etymotic and Shure both have the best isolation on all price level they cover. The just reviewed UE100 and UE200 both offer pretty good isolation, though they are far from the best sounding sub-$100 IEM. MEElec CC51 is a good option but not for small ear canal. MEElec A151 has decent isolation (less than CC51) and better for smaller ears.post #199 of 12378/8/11 at 11:11ampost #200 of 12378/10/11 at 10:22amThread Starterpost #201 of 12378/10/11 at 10:31am
Quote:Originally Posted by ClieOS
ECCI PG100, Ultimate Ears 100 and 200 added.
Sorry for missed the question last time. Actually Etymotic and Shure both have the best isolation on all price level they cover. The just reviewed UE100 and UE200 both offer pretty good isolation, though they are far from the best sounding sub-$100 IEM. MEElec CC51 is a good option but not for small ear canal. MEElec A151 has decent isolation (less than CC51) and better for smaller ears.
and great updates!
post #202 of 12378/18/11 at 4:27am
my new RE0 (only a week) already broke. housing spltting. i asked for replacement or a refund.
if a refund, i'm considering the Xcape IE or Xcited. but do they have a better build quality?
really dissapoiting. even the PL50 were better
Edited by kanuka - 8/18/11 at 4:30ampost #203 of 12378/18/11 at 4:53amThread StarterQuote:
PL-50 has housing split issue too. It seems to be a common issue with RE0 these days, they really need to use better glue. If you can live with it, the easy way out is to superglued them together. I'll say Xcape IE and Xcited is a little better in build quality, but not vastly.post #204 of 12378/18/11 at 5:08ampost #205 of 12378/18/11 at 5:12amQuote:post #206 of 12378/18/11 at 6:23amThread StarterQuote:
MEElec has excellent build quality, but doesn't have model that compete directly with RE0 yet.post #207 of 12378/18/11 at 11:33amQuote:
yes, i'm awared of that, but i'd rather get a better build. i mean, less than a week, and split? maybe it was just my bad luck that i got a bad one. i have a meelec on its way, so i'll decide after that.
too bad, the RE0 ARE awsome
post #208 of 12378/26/11 at 10:22pm
IMO, ClieOS's review "format" and style comes closest to ideal. joker's color-coded matrix is good, but I don't agree with his conclusions as much as ClieOS's (which is marginal ;-) at most).
IAC, nice work.post #209 of 12378/27/11 at 4:57amThread Starter
Thanks for the comment, alphaman. It has taken a few twists and turns to get to the current format and I sure hope it is as useful as I thought it would be.post #210 of 12378/27/11 at 9:55am
You've got a long test list. Unfortunately, SEVERAL popular and/or higher-end models are missing, so I don't visit your review thread as often as I'd like.
Would like to see these added:
Add $USD for each unit, say after Pro/Con.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Bump Fender FXA7 "PRICE DROP!" 17 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 17 seconds ago
- › Have you blown a headphone ? About tolerances, rated power and... 55 seconds ago
- › Colorfly C200 57 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Request for help - Looking for someone to help me understand the... 1 minute ago
- › 12/4 updated Fostex, AIAIAI, Ultrasone 750, Sol, yamaha, Beats... 1 minute ago
- › XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 by peter123
- › Etymotic ER4XR by leaky74
- › Etymotic ER4SR by leaky74
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by sonickarma
- › Meze 12 Classics by OSiRiSsk
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear