Updated with four Xears.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAltec Lansing inMotion iM716tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productAudio Technica cks70tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productCreative Aurvana 2 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by System, 3/8/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays a jays threetagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays a Jays twotagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays T Jays Onetagged by System, 2/23/11More
- productMEElectronics M 11+tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M1tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productOrtofon e-Q5tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productShure E3c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productSoundmagic PL 21tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 7/24/12
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tricky first foray in a brave new world - advice on budget IEMs Last post on 8/18/12 at 10:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/23/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/4/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Bass: solid, balanced and extended with excellent pitch. Can be Stygian and prodigious with the right recordings. Midrange: clear, coherent, tonally complex and saturated. Vocals are rendered with...
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe better...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013) - Page 14post #196 of 12028/1/11 at 8:05pmThread Starterpost #197 of 12028/1/11 at 8:52pm
btw. i havent read all the full-reviews in this thread, but may i ask: is there any iem with a very good isolation level . which is not an Etymotic or Shure , and IT IS in the sub $100 range?
and not the Eterna
Edited by lina - 8/3/11 at 5:46ampost #198 of 12028/8/11 at 9:59amThread Starter
ECCI PG100, Ultimate Ears 100 and 200 added.Quote:
Sorry for missed the question last time. Actually Etymotic and Shure both have the best isolation on all price level they cover. The just reviewed UE100 and UE200 both offer pretty good isolation, though they are far from the best sounding sub-$100 IEM. MEElec CC51 is a good option but not for small ear canal. MEElec A151 has decent isolation (less than CC51) and better for smaller ears.post #199 of 12028/8/11 at 11:11ampost #200 of 12028/10/11 at 10:22amThread Starterpost #201 of 12028/10/11 at 10:31am
Quote:Originally Posted by ClieOS
ECCI PG100, Ultimate Ears 100 and 200 added.
Sorry for missed the question last time. Actually Etymotic and Shure both have the best isolation on all price level they cover. The just reviewed UE100 and UE200 both offer pretty good isolation, though they are far from the best sounding sub-$100 IEM. MEElec CC51 is a good option but not for small ear canal. MEElec A151 has decent isolation (less than CC51) and better for smaller ears.
and great updates!
post #202 of 12028/18/11 at 4:27am
my new RE0 (only a week) already broke. housing spltting. i asked for replacement or a refund.
if a refund, i'm considering the Xcape IE or Xcited. but do they have a better build quality?
really dissapoiting. even the PL50 were better
Edited by kanuka - 8/18/11 at 4:30ampost #203 of 12028/18/11 at 4:53amThread StarterQuote:
PL-50 has housing split issue too. It seems to be a common issue with RE0 these days, they really need to use better glue. If you can live with it, the easy way out is to superglued them together. I'll say Xcape IE and Xcited is a little better in build quality, but not vastly.post #204 of 12028/18/11 at 5:08ampost #205 of 12028/18/11 at 5:12amQuote:post #206 of 12028/18/11 at 6:23amThread StarterQuote:
MEElec has excellent build quality, but doesn't have model that compete directly with RE0 yet.post #207 of 12028/18/11 at 11:33amQuote:
yes, i'm awared of that, but i'd rather get a better build. i mean, less than a week, and split? maybe it was just my bad luck that i got a bad one. i have a meelec on its way, so i'll decide after that.
too bad, the RE0 ARE awsome
post #208 of 12028/26/11 at 10:22pm
IMO, ClieOS's review "format" and style comes closest to ideal. joker's color-coded matrix is good, but I don't agree with his conclusions as much as ClieOS's (which is marginal ;-) at most).
IAC, nice work.post #209 of 12028/27/11 at 4:57amThread Starter
Thanks for the comment, alphaman. It has taken a few twists and turns to get to the current format and I sure hope it is as useful as I thought it would be.post #210 of 12028/27/11 at 9:55am
You've got a long test list. Unfortunately, SEVERAL popular and/or higher-end models are missing, so I don't visit your review thread as often as I'd like.
Would like to see these added:
Add $USD for each unit, say after Pro/Con.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 27 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 54 seconds ago
- › Review and Comparison of the $200 Open-Back Underdogs: The AKG K612... 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 2 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 2 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ~$200 Gaming Setup 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude