Updated with four Xears.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAltec Lansing inMotion iM716tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productAudio Technica cks70tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productCreative Aurvana 2 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays a jays threetagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays a Jays twotagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays T Jays Onetagged by System, 2/23/11More
- productMEElectronics M 11+tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M1tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productOrtofon e-Q5tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productShure E3c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productSoundmagic PL 21tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 7/23/12
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tricky first foray in a brave new world - advice on budget IEMs Last post on 8/18/12 at 10:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013) - Page 14post #196 of 12308/1/11 at 8:05pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 12308/1/11 at 8:52pm
btw. i havent read all the full-reviews in this thread, but may i ask: is there any iem with a very good isolation level . which is not an Etymotic or Shure , and IT IS in the sub $100 range?
and not the Eterna
Edited by lina - 8/3/11 at 5:46ampost #198 of 12308/8/11 at 9:59amThread Starter
ECCI PG100, Ultimate Ears 100 and 200 added.Quote:
Sorry for missed the question last time. Actually Etymotic and Shure both have the best isolation on all price level they cover. The just reviewed UE100 and UE200 both offer pretty good isolation, though they are far from the best sounding sub-$100 IEM. MEElec CC51 is a good option but not for small ear canal. MEElec A151 has decent isolation (less than CC51) and better for smaller ears.post #199 of 12308/8/11 at 11:11ampost #200 of 12308/10/11 at 10:22amThread Starterpost #201 of 12308/10/11 at 10:31am
Quote:Originally Posted by ClieOS
ECCI PG100, Ultimate Ears 100 and 200 added.
Sorry for missed the question last time. Actually Etymotic and Shure both have the best isolation on all price level they cover. The just reviewed UE100 and UE200 both offer pretty good isolation, though they are far from the best sounding sub-$100 IEM. MEElec CC51 is a good option but not for small ear canal. MEElec A151 has decent isolation (less than CC51) and better for smaller ears.
and great updates!
post #202 of 12308/18/11 at 4:27am
my new RE0 (only a week) already broke. housing spltting. i asked for replacement or a refund.
if a refund, i'm considering the Xcape IE or Xcited. but do they have a better build quality?
really dissapoiting. even the PL50 were better
Edited by kanuka - 8/18/11 at 4:30ampost #203 of 12308/18/11 at 4:53amThread StarterQuote:
PL-50 has housing split issue too. It seems to be a common issue with RE0 these days, they really need to use better glue. If you can live with it, the easy way out is to superglued them together. I'll say Xcape IE and Xcited is a little better in build quality, but not vastly.post #204 of 12308/18/11 at 5:08ampost #205 of 12308/18/11 at 5:12amQuote:post #206 of 12308/18/11 at 6:23amThread StarterQuote:
MEElec has excellent build quality, but doesn't have model that compete directly with RE0 yet.post #207 of 12308/18/11 at 11:33amQuote:
yes, i'm awared of that, but i'd rather get a better build. i mean, less than a week, and split? maybe it was just my bad luck that i got a bad one. i have a meelec on its way, so i'll decide after that.
too bad, the RE0 ARE awsome
post #208 of 12308/26/11 at 10:22pm
IMO, ClieOS's review "format" and style comes closest to ideal. joker's color-coded matrix is good, but I don't agree with his conclusions as much as ClieOS's (which is marginal ;-) at most).
IAC, nice work.post #209 of 12308/27/11 at 4:57amThread Starter
Thanks for the comment, alphaman. It has taken a few twists and turns to get to the current format and I sure hope it is as useful as I thought it would be.post #210 of 12308/27/11 at 9:55am
You've got a long test list. Unfortunately, SEVERAL popular and/or higher-end models are missing, so I don't visit your review thread as often as I'd like.
Would like to see these added:
Add $USD for each unit, say after Pro/Con.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 20 seconds ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 46 seconds ago
- › How do I hook up two active monitors to subwoofer without sound card? 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 2 minutes ago
- › New Headphone Guy with Questions about Chinese Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › based on the specs, which one of these computer speakers is better 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)