Now that I've received my GR07's I can certainly say they more than 0.2 points better than the SW-Xcape v1. Haha of course I'm interpreting this wrong, those 0.2 are a lot extra
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAltec Lansing inMotion iM716tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productAudio Technica cks70tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productCreative Aurvana 2 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays a jays threetagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays a Jays twotagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays T Jays Onetagged by System, 2/23/11More
- productMEElectronics M 11+tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M1tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productOrtofon e-Q5tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productShure E3c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productSoundmagic PL 21tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 7/23/12
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tricky first foray in a brave new world - advice on budget IEMs Last post on 8/18/12 at 10:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Also, I have to apologize for some of the...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013) - Page 10post #136 of 12346/10/11 at 3:29pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 12346/10/11 at 7:21pmThread Starter
The rating is only 1 to 5 / 5, so everything is highly compressed... unless you want to see x.xxxx kind of score. I doubt it is of any usefulness like that anyway.post #138 of 12346/14/11 at 5:07pmpost #139 of 12346/14/11 at 6:40pmThread StarterQuote:
I definitely like to try an higher end AT some time. But at the moment, I haven't had any plan on them yet.
post #140 of 12346/20/11 at 8:00pmpost #141 of 12346/21/11 at 12:46am
Thank you for the great review thread. I was hoping you could help me. I love my Eternas but this time I'm looking for something a little different. I was thinking why not try BA instead of dynamic. Something more like my PL30s (in terms of clarity and presentation) but with some added bass. Might the A151 be what I'm looking for? It would be my first BA pair, so I am hoping that since the A151 are slightly warm, the transition from dynamic to BA will not be too harsh.post #142 of 12346/21/11 at 2:48am
as always nice review of the new soundmagic!
i've got a general question:
it's hard to decide which new iem to get. i think the main problem is that i dont know what signature is for me
i like detail, clear (no recesed) vocals (specially female), but also a wide soundstage , and fun, decent bass impact (more quality than quantity) and sparkling treble/highs.
but maybe im asking too much in only one iem?
so which category/ies do you suggest to look? and what would be the best matching signature.
thankspost #143 of 12346/21/11 at 2:48amThread StarterQuote:
I did review two Sennheiser earbuds last year, but the local price for IE8 is still too high (close to US$500) and there are other choices that I am more interested in and have better access to. I did ask Sennheiser if they can provide me with a review sample or demo unit and they referred me to the local distributor, which ultimately told me (after over three months of communication with multiple email exchange) that if I am interested in IE8, I can read other people's review instead.. Hmm, you can't say I didn't try
Quote:Originally Posted by fanmo
Thank you for the great review thread. I was hoping you could help me. I love my Eternas but this time I'm looking for something a little different. I was thinking why not try BA instead of dynamic. Something more like my PL30s (in terms of clarity and presentation) but with some added bass. Might the A151 be what I'm looking for? It would be my first BA pair, so I am hoping that since the A151 are slightly warm, the transition from dynamic to BA will not be too harsh.
I won't say A151 is PL30 with bass. PFE probably fit that description better. A151 is actually quite warm with a smooth treble. But for sub$100 and as an entry level BA based IEM, A151 by itself is a good IEM with good blend of sound and build quality.
I think e-Q7 might fit your need, and e-Q5 too but on a smaller extent.
Edited by ClieOS - 6/21/11 at 2:52ampost #144 of 12346/21/11 at 8:41amQuote:
but im sorry that i forgot to mention the budget limit. really sorry
i was looking for 2 prince ranges:
a sub $80-100
and also sub $150-200
i might even pick 2 iems
thanks againpost #145 of 12346/22/11 at 5:28amThread StarterQuote:
Kind of hard to find an IEM that has everything you are asking for. For sub$100, I am thinking MEElec SP51. Not sure about the $200 range.post #146 of 12346/22/11 at 6:40amQuote:
yes. i knew i might were asking too much
thank you , i'll check the sp51.
i guess, none of the head-direct/hifiman or sunrise sub $100 match? or at least not all "MY requirments" ?post #147 of 12346/22/11 at 7:02amThread StarterQuote:
The one that come close is Xcape-IE, but I thought SP51 fits better.
post #148 of 12346/22/11 at 7:11amQuote:
i'm checking both.
now, what about isolation , comfort and microphonics of the sp51 and Xp IE?post #149 of 12346/22/11 at 7:35amThread Starterpost #150 of 12346/22/11 at 7:57amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP just now
- › FiiO E10K, Schiit Fulla, ... ? 28 seconds ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 31 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 58 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › How to equalize your headphones: A Tutorial 2 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3