Now that I've received my GR07's I can certainly say they more than 0.2 points better than the SW-Xcape v1. Haha of course I'm interpreting this wrong, those 0.2 are a lot extra
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAltec Lansing inMotion iM716tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productAudio Technica cks70tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productCreative Aurvana 2 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays a jays threetagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays a Jays twotagged by System, 2/23/11
- productJays T Jays Onetagged by System, 2/23/11More
- productMEElectronics M 11+tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M1tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productOrtofon e-Q5tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productShure E3c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- productSoundmagic PL 21tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 7/23/12
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tricky first foray in a brave new world - advice on budget IEMs Last post on 8/18/12 at 10:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 3/10/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Intro (Kind of) The Westone W30 is one of several IEMs in Westone's newly revamped universal IEM collection, intended as a removable-cable replacement to the older W3. For those of you who are...
I picked these beautiful-looking babies on amazon few days ago when price dropped on amazon (used ones from amazon warehouse for $400), which was a bargain; compared to $300 price tag on HD650's....
I began to search for a shorter cable for my HD600 just because the stock cable is to long for using with a portable device. I didn't want to spend to much under $100. I did the standard Amazon and...
Exclusive sound, high quality patents "sandwich diaphragm" metal meets the technical.
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013) - Page 10post #136 of 12346/10/11 at 3:29pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 12346/10/11 at 7:21pmThread Starter
The rating is only 1 to 5 / 5, so everything is highly compressed... unless you want to see x.xxxx kind of score. I doubt it is of any usefulness like that anyway.post #138 of 12346/14/11 at 5:07pmpost #139 of 12346/14/11 at 6:40pmThread StarterQuote:
I definitely like to try an higher end AT some time. But at the moment, I haven't had any plan on them yet.
post #140 of 12346/20/11 at 8:00pmpost #141 of 12346/21/11 at 12:46am
Thank you for the great review thread. I was hoping you could help me. I love my Eternas but this time I'm looking for something a little different. I was thinking why not try BA instead of dynamic. Something more like my PL30s (in terms of clarity and presentation) but with some added bass. Might the A151 be what I'm looking for? It would be my first BA pair, so I am hoping that since the A151 are slightly warm, the transition from dynamic to BA will not be too harsh.post #142 of 12346/21/11 at 2:48am
as always nice review of the new soundmagic!
i've got a general question:
it's hard to decide which new iem to get. i think the main problem is that i dont know what signature is for me
i like detail, clear (no recesed) vocals (specially female), but also a wide soundstage , and fun, decent bass impact (more quality than quantity) and sparkling treble/highs.
but maybe im asking too much in only one iem?
so which category/ies do you suggest to look? and what would be the best matching signature.
thankspost #143 of 12346/21/11 at 2:48amThread StarterQuote:
I did review two Sennheiser earbuds last year, but the local price for IE8 is still too high (close to US$500) and there are other choices that I am more interested in and have better access to. I did ask Sennheiser if they can provide me with a review sample or demo unit and they referred me to the local distributor, which ultimately told me (after over three months of communication with multiple email exchange) that if I am interested in IE8, I can read other people's review instead.. Hmm, you can't say I didn't try
Quote:Originally Posted by fanmo
Thank you for the great review thread. I was hoping you could help me. I love my Eternas but this time I'm looking for something a little different. I was thinking why not try BA instead of dynamic. Something more like my PL30s (in terms of clarity and presentation) but with some added bass. Might the A151 be what I'm looking for? It would be my first BA pair, so I am hoping that since the A151 are slightly warm, the transition from dynamic to BA will not be too harsh.
I won't say A151 is PL30 with bass. PFE probably fit that description better. A151 is actually quite warm with a smooth treble. But for sub$100 and as an entry level BA based IEM, A151 by itself is a good IEM with good blend of sound and build quality.
I think e-Q7 might fit your need, and e-Q5 too but on a smaller extent.
Edited by ClieOS - 6/21/11 at 2:52ampost #144 of 12346/21/11 at 8:41amQuote:
but im sorry that i forgot to mention the budget limit. really sorry
i was looking for 2 prince ranges:
a sub $80-100
and also sub $150-200
i might even pick 2 iems
thanks againpost #145 of 12346/22/11 at 5:28amThread StarterQuote:
Kind of hard to find an IEM that has everything you are asking for. For sub$100, I am thinking MEElec SP51. Not sure about the $200 range.post #146 of 12346/22/11 at 6:40amQuote:
yes. i knew i might were asking too much
thank you , i'll check the sp51.
i guess, none of the head-direct/hifiman or sunrise sub $100 match? or at least not all "MY requirments" ?post #147 of 12346/22/11 at 7:02amThread StarterQuote:
The one that come close is Xcape-IE, but I thought SP51 fits better.
post #148 of 12346/22/11 at 7:11amQuote:
i'm checking both.
now, what about isolation , comfort and microphonics of the sp51 and Xp IE?post #149 of 12346/22/11 at 7:35amThread Starterpost #150 of 12346/22/11 at 7:57amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 32 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cable Upgrade - Fact or Fiction? 2 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 6 minutes ago
- › Westone W30 Triple Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones,... by C.C.S.
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by KopaZ
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2