Hmm, interesting about the 448. That is a much better design IMO. The swivel would actually reinforce the weakest point of the whole design. It seems like obvious cost cutting by an accountant to me. Better plastic might solve the issue though it is a poor engineering design to begin with. The cheapest build materials are on my Koss ESP950 but I never worry about them breaking just by putting them on.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCowon S9 8 GB Video MP3 Player with Touchscreen (Titanium Black)tagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD448 Around the Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser 598 or 595 or 558 (or maybe AT AD700)? Last post on 12/13/13 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD598 Amazon Black Friday deal $99.99! Last post on 11/29/14 at 3:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Make your cheap headphones sound like they cost twice the price. Last post on 7/8/14 at 5:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser ear pads make my ears hot. Last post on 8/4/13 at 11:00am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Shure SRH840, are a value filled set of extraordinary headphones, worth every single coin you spend on it. The bass register is perfect for any genre of song you play through you...
I got the Sennheiser HD-598 based on all the existing rave reviews. It's amazingly comfortable. That's all the good I can say about it. I just hate the sound. Okay, I am no "audiophile". I am...
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
well they (sennheiser) said that 'this was and early problem and the replacement pair you should get should have the new material'
Well, when they said that, my pair had only 8 days and was already cracked on both sides, so...
Darn it now you are getting me nervous about the ones coming. I can always do the warrenty replacement with them if mine start to crack, but what a pain.
Good luck with yours, and i hope this issue is really solved once and for good, cause its what i want too.
Let us know if they look any different than the ones in my photos. Like different material texture or color tone. Oh and enjoy them cause they sound great.
well don't quote me but i'm pretty sure that its also dependent on ur supplier and when they got their stock of 598's, i got my hd 558's around Christmas and yup, they have em sooo ya... T_T
So these are my first real cans so I can't compare them to anything and I don' tknow a lot, I also only got to really play with them a little last night. Too me they sounded great, the bass really good to me and i dno't know who can complain, unless you want something really bass heavy. The mids and highs, to me at least, sounded nice and natural, and this is just plugged right into a 10 year old receiver ( i plan to get the E11 amp and a new receiver in the future).
I played a train song my wife plays all the time through my 3.1 system in 2.1 mode (not a high end system polk audio monitor 60's with a cs20 center), and right away I heard parts I never noticed before, gave my wife a try and she heard it as well.
I played the first few minutes of Star Trek (the new one ) and wow the soundstage is great, it almost did seem like there was surround sound with the positioning.
My only problem is I need a cord extender as the receiver to where I sit, it isn't enough =)
I am happy and look forward to listening more, tonight I know i will be using them
Edited by Neceo - 4/21/11 at 11:51am
To all HD598 owners; with a song with a strong bass line has anyone experienced distortion from an earcup??
When listening to 'Angel' by Massive Attack and other similar bass heavy songs, there is a small rattle from the right cup, and not the left on my set.
ATM, I am gonna use the warranty to fix this, but I am concerned that the drivers used for the headphones are very easy to stress.
Any feedback is helpful
I did not had such problems, usually i listen on flat, no corrections at all, but out of curiosity i pushed them on the bass side by using the Loudness button or increase it with 4-6-8db. They still work properly. Maybe you were unlucky and had a defective driver.
Headstar, would it be possible for you to try that particular Massive Attack song with the various bass boosts, and if you experience no rattling whatsoever, then I'll return them as defective. Just wondering because I tried it with another song with a juicy bass line (Namida by Reso) and even on Bass Boost Level 2, no rattling. Thanks for such a quick response as well.
@Neceo, I too have found most bass heavy songs work, and the ideal theory is that the bass Massive Attack used in that album was hi-gain, undetailed but powerful. But this would mean that both earcups should be distorting.
The other theory is that my amp is clipping, or something like that. My Fiio E7 has been giving a distorting crackle when I change between bass boost levels, so this could be it. But again, why would only 1 earcup give a slight rattle? Or is that irrelevant?
Any ideas/responses regarding this?
- Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 17 seconds ago
- › Power vs Loud ,reason to get a DAC/Amplifier 22 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 41 seconds ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-MR77X top of the line JVC x series 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 4 minutes ago
- › Best headphones for classic music 4 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.6.0 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)