Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread - Page 298

post #4456 of 4463
Quote:
Originally Posted by spykez View Post

Take it from a ton of people in this thread, Asgards and Sennheisers are friends.


I have just about the same amount of fun when researching something vs actually getting and using it so yeah. biggrin.gif thanks though smily_headphones1.gif
post #4457 of 4463

well give us a budget and we'll send some more amps your way :)

post #4458 of 4463
Quote:
Originally Posted by spykez View Post
 

well give us a budget and we'll send some more amps your way :)


around 150-ish. (max 200$) it doesn't have to be portable.

post #4459 of 4463

Well...desktop amps kinda differ from the portable ones. Portables are batter operated, desktops you plug into a power source, and probably sound better.

 

These are just what I remember from when I did my weeks of research for amps.

 

Schiit:

Magni 2: http://schiit.com/products/magni-2  <-- the story behind this amp is actually really GREAT. Jason just threw something together learning about the new way of soldering on boards and chips and when he tested them out, he discovered his "prototype" of the Magni 1 had NO problems powering the Audeze LCD-2 cans with room to drive more.

Vali: http://schiit.com/products/vali

 

Litte Dot:

MK1: http://www.amazon.com/Little-Dot-6JI-standard-Headphone/dp/B00A2QM5O6/

MK2: http://www.amazon.com/Little-Dot-MKII-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B00A2QMAI2

 

Bravo Audio:

Blue Ocean: http://www.amazon.com/Bravo-Audio-Ocean-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B00A2QKSVI/

V3 w/ equilizer: http://www.amazon.com/BRAVO-Audio-V3-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B00A2QKUES

 

HiFiMAN EF-2A: http://www.amazon.com/HiFiMAN-EF2A-HIFIMAN-EF-2A-HEADPHONE/dp/B004357WL8

 

Audioengine N22: http://www.amazon.com/Audioengine-N22-Premium-Desktop-Amplifier/dp/B0049OI08W

 

I have a Topping VX1 and I'm not listing any of their amps because while my VX1 is a great speaker amp, the output power for the headphones is absolute trash. I have to turn the volume up like 3/4 of the way just to get a nice jamming lvl volume out of it where as the volume for the speakers is like...not even a 1/4 to get them more than loud.


Edited by spykez - Yesterday at 5:45 pm
post #4460 of 4463

Got a great deal on a pair just before Xmas, they pair with my Fiio X3 very well, they do seem to sound better than my 595.

 

Does anyone make a shorter cable with a 3.5mm plug 

post #4461 of 4463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymate View Post
 

Got a great deal on a pair just before Xmas, they pair with my Fiio X3 very well, they do seem to sound better than my 595.

 

Does anyone make a shorter cable with a 3.5mm plug 

These are the most popular. You'll have to wait a little longer than normal but just about everyone who's gotten a new cable for theirs has gotten these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacement-Audio-upgrade-Cable-For-Sennheiser-HD595-HD598-HD558-HD518-Headphone-/261255113290?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3cd404aa4a

 

Some others:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xhd598+cabl&_nkw=hd598+cable&_sacat=0

 

Ya they're from china but they're really good.

 

They're on Amazon as well sold my NewFantasia

http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Audio-upgrade-Sennheiser-Headphones/dp/B00KAKBHKM/

 

Fiio makes on:

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Audio-Technica-Replacement-Headphones-RC-HD1/dp/B00GHMIJTY/

 

ZYCable makes some:

http://www.amazon.com/Cable-SENNHEISER-HD598-Upgrade-ZY-060/dp/B00MZ015I4

http://www.amazon.com/Cable-SENNHEISER-HD598-Upgrade-ZY-060/dp/B00MTB77L8

post #4462 of 4463
Quote:
Originally Posted by spykez View Post
 

Well...desktop amps kinda differ from the portable ones. Portables are batter operated, desktops you plug into a power source, and probably sound better.

 

These are just what I remember from when I did my weeks of research for amps.

 

Schiit:

Magni 2: http://schiit.com/products/magni-2  <-- the story behind this amp is actually really GREAT. Jason just threw something together learning about the new way of soldering on boards and chips and when he tested them out, he discovered his "prototype" of the Magni 1 had NO problems powering the Audeze LCD-2 cans with room to drive more.

Vali: http://schiit.com/products/vali

 

Litte Dot:

MK1: http://www.amazon.com/Little-Dot-6JI-standard-Headphone/dp/B00A2QM5O6/

MK2: http://www.amazon.com/Little-Dot-MKII-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B00A2QMAI2

 

Bravo Audio:

Blue Ocean: http://www.amazon.com/Bravo-Audio-Ocean-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B00A2QKSVI/

V3 w/ equilizer: http://www.amazon.com/BRAVO-Audio-V3-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B00A2QKUES

 

HiFiMAN EF-2A: http://www.amazon.com/HiFiMAN-EF2A-HIFIMAN-EF-2A-HEADPHONE/dp/B004357WL8

 

Audioengine N22: http://www.amazon.com/Audioengine-N22-Premium-Desktop-Amplifier/dp/B0049OI08W

 

I have a Topping VX1 and I'm not listing any of their amps because while my VX1 is a great speaker amp, the output power for the headphones is absolute trash. I have to turn the volume up like 3/4 of the way just to get a nice jamming lvl volume out of it where as the volume for the speakers is like...not even a 1/4 to get them more than loud.

 

thanks, will looks into those as well :)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymate View Post
 

Got a great deal on a pair just before Xmas, they pair with my Fiio X3 very well, they do seem to sound better than my 595.

 

Does anyone make a shorter cable with a 3.5mm plug 

 

 

yeah, I got the ebay cable, red with black cordwrap and it is very good for the 16$ or so I paid for the 1.2 meter long option...

post #4463 of 4463

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spykez View Post
 

Well...desktop amps kinda differ from the portable ones. Portables are batter operated, desktops you plug into a power source, and probably sound better.

 

These are just what I remember from when I did my weeks of research for amps.

 

Schiit:

Magni 2: http://schiit.com/products/magni-2  <-- the story behind this amp is actually really GREAT. Jason just threw something together learning about the new way of soldering on boards and chips and when he tested them out, he discovered his "prototype" of the Magni 1 had NO problems powering the Audeze LCD-2 cans with room to drive more.

Vali: http://schiit.com/products/vali

 

Litte Dot:

MK1: http://www.amazon.com/Little-Dot-6JI-standard-Headphone/dp/B00A2QM5O6/

MK2: http://www.amazon.com/Little-Dot-MKII-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B00A2QMAI2

 

Bravo Audio:

Blue Ocean: http://www.amazon.com/Bravo-Audio-Ocean-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B00A2QKSVI/

V3 w/ equilizer: http://www.amazon.com/BRAVO-Audio-V3-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B00A2QKUES

 

HiFiMAN EF-2A: http://www.amazon.com/HiFiMAN-EF2A-HIFIMAN-EF-2A-HEADPHONE/dp/B004357WL8

 

Audioengine N22: http://www.amazon.com/Audioengine-N22-Premium-Desktop-Amplifier/dp/B0049OI08W

 

I have a Topping VX1 and I'm not listing any of their amps because while my VX1 is a great speaker amp, the output power for the headphones is absolute trash. I have to turn the volume up like 3/4 of the way just to get a nice jamming lvl volume out of it where as the volume for the speakers is like...not even a 1/4 to get them more than loud.


Thanks for the info, some nice cables, shall order something today :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread