Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread - Page 274

post #4096 of 4108

Thank You guys, You've been very helpful. I'll look for loose hair when I get back from work (it's a very plausible scenario in my case). In case it's not the hair, what else could be causing this behavior?

post #4097 of 4108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yethal View Post

Thank You guys, You've been very helpful. I'll look for loose hair when I get back from work (it's a very plausible scenario in my case). In case it's not the hair, what else could be causing this behavior?

Dust, small particles
post #4098 of 4108

Hello guys am newbe arround here,i have my 598s for about 3-4 months and i loved them cause of that airy sound,so by some reviews i red i decided to get a new amp&dac combo and maybe they will sound better *who knows* . So i bought the Fiio e17 and currently i have it hooked up to my pc with Optical Cable.I have this amp for about 5 days now...yes its louder more natural but i think the 598s lost the airiness which i was loving. Is it something with the Burn in - session i have to wait for ...or its just what this amp&dac does :/ ?


Edited by RazerDuos - 11/16/14 at 3:08am
post #4099 of 4108
Question, if you are using a PC, I assume there is USB port for the DAC/amp. Why not use it? smily_headphones1.gif
post #4100 of 4108

Well i was using the usb before change to optical but actually there was no difference .. it should be?

post #4101 of 4108
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazerDuos View Post
 

Well i was using the usb before change to optical but actually there was no difference .. it should be?


I find from the experience with my Fiio products that they have a quite narrow soundstage. Other amps/DACs do a better job of expanding, or at least not shrinking the soundstage. It really depends on the music you are listening to, sometimes it doesn't matter at all.

Cheers,

K

post #4102 of 4108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolpep View Post
 


I find from the experience with my Fiio products that they have a quite narrow soundstage. Other amps/DACs do a better job of expanding, or at least not shrinking the soundstage. It really depends on the music you are listening to, sometimes it doesn't matter at all.

Cheers,

K

So its all about the amp/Dac in your opinion,well thanks thats something.Are there any suggestions for these kind of amps? Helping with Soundstage.

post #4103 of 4108
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazerDuos View Post
 

So its all about the amp/Dac in your opinion,well thanks thats something.Are there any suggestions for these kind of amps? Helping with Soundstage.

 

From own experience, I can say that the Audioengine D3, JDS Labs C5D are great with the HD598.

 

If you prefer more desktop amps, the Schiit products generally pair great with Sennheiser. I use the Valhalla currently on my 598 and love the results...

 

Cheers,

K

post #4104 of 4108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolpep View Post
 

 

From own experience, I can say that the Audioengine D3, JDS Labs C5D are great with the HD598.

 

If you prefer more desktop amps, the Schiit products generally pair great with Sennheiser. I use the Valhalla currently on my 598 and love the results...

 

Cheers,

K

Thanks a lot bro :) Any opinion on Audioengine D2? i heard it has some realy good results

post #4105 of 4108
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazerDuos View Post

Thanks a lot bro smily_headphones1.gif Any opinion on Audioengine D2? i heard it has some realy good results

Welcome.

Heard good things about the D2 but no personal experience unfortunately.
post #4106 of 4108
They play very nicely out of the HRT Microstreamer. This is the best I've ever heard them sound (compared to E11, Asus STX). In fact, the Microstreamer has sent my whole rig a few notches higher.
post #4107 of 4108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolpep View Post
 

 

From own experience, I can say that the Audioengine D3, JDS Labs C5D are great with the HD598.

 

 

The D3 IMO is not worth the extra $20. I would go with the D1 as it has the digital spdif in as well as RCA outs (as opposed to a Y cable).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazerDuos View Post
 

So its all about the amp/Dac in your opinion,well thanks thats something.Are there any suggestions for these kind of amps? Helping with Soundstage.

 

Correct. FiiO IMO is great for the price, but honestly am not impressed with their choice in outdated (cheap and abundant) Wolfsen DAC . Anyway, Like I suggested, the Audioengine D1 is fantastic; Adds weight/warmth in the low end but retains the clarity and soundstage is fantastic. Very airy and wide. I posted many many posts back the the Audioengine D1 and the HD598 are a perfect match!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazerDuos View Post
 

Thanks a lot bro :) Any opinion on Audioengine D2? i heard it has some realy good results

 

 

Don't get the D2. Not worth it for the sake of being wireless. The D2 is great for matching up their 'A' series speakers (which are BTW fantastic!)

:beerchug: 


Edited by Bansaku - 11/16/14 at 1:47pm
post #4108 of 4108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bansaku View Post
 

 

The D3 IMO is not worth the extra $20. I would go with the D1 as it has the digital spdif in as well as RCA outs (as opposed to a Y cable).

 

 

Correct. FiiO IMO is great for the price, but honestly am not impressed with their choice in outdated (cheap and abundant) Wolfsen DAC . Anyway, Like I suggested, the Audioengine D1 is fantastic; Adds weight/warmth in the low end but retains the clarity and soundstage is fantastic. Very airy and wide. I posted many many posts back the the Audioengine D1 and the HD598 are a perfect match!

 

 

Don't get the D2. Not worth it for the sake of being wireless. The D2 is great for matching up their 'A' series speakers (which are BTW fantastic!)

:beerchug: 

Well i was wrong when saying about the D2 i was meaning the D1 cause the D2 is a wireless edition...i just missred. Good thanks too about the suggestions :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread