- 3 Posts. Joined 4/2014
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCowon S9 8 GB Video MP3 Player with Touchscreen (Titanium Black)tagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD448 Around the Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser 598 or 595 or 558 (or maybe AT AD700)? Last post on 12/13/13 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser ear pads make my ears hot. Last post on 8/4/13 at 11:00am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 595 replacement? Any other than HD 598? Last post on 6/2/13 at 11:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Most Comfortable full sized Headphones Last post on 6/12/13 at 7:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread - Page 266
Gear mentioned in this thread:
When i listen to music through cx300ii the music sound loud, crisp and fun whereas from the 598's the music sounds quiet and boring. Maybe they are like that and i am sure that they are not fake might be defective but there is no distortion or anything i even played them at full volume on the x5 to check them out and they had no problem. I don't really listen to loud music but for the 598s i have to increase the volume to be able to hear and enjoy the music. What i don't understand is that at the same volume as cx300ii and beats studio why do the 598 sound quieter is it because these are open headphones?
Also maybe cause the drivers for the HD598 are further from the ear, also they are home headphones that terminate to a large 6.3mm jack so they are expected to be driven off something a little bit more powerful.
They also have an impedance of 50ohms with a 250 ohm spike at ~100hz.
Also i think you find them boring because they are really neutral, not that much punch in the bass, tame sounding and not too much sparkle in the highs, just a mellow, spacious sound with sweet mids.
About the quiet part maybe its cause as you said they are open, and also that the soundstage is not to aggressive in its presentation.
Amplification (eg like from a tube amp) can help increase the fullness of the low ends though due to the impedance spike at 100hz.
They are TOTALLY different to what you are used to. Give them time to grow on you, trust me. It took me a while to like these cans and I nearly sold them (I came from Grados at the time), but now they indispensible to me. It took me weeks/months. Maybe burn in changed things too, because they sound SO different ot me now than my memory of first hearing them.
I guess you meant HE-500s, right?
I just traded away my HE-500s and already making plans to replace them... I love them, but use them with either the Sony PHA-1 DAC/amp (portable, decodes iPod Lightening connector digital for its own DAC) or the FiiO E12.
And I have the HD598s, which I tried long and hard before trading away my HE-500s and convinced myself that they came darn close to the sound quality, esp. bass and transparency, as the HE-500s, to tide me over!
If you liked the 598's, try the 6xx series, I did and I could not be happier.
I upgraded from HD598 to HD700 and the difference is bigger than I thought. Some songs even sound completely different because of the higher resolution and lower bass extension. Thanks to all the hyperbolic reviews knocking the HD700 for its treble spike, these sets can be had for cheap these days if you look around. I picked it up for less than 500 EUR including a free set of IE60. The notorious spike is all in all exaggerated, -4dB EQ around 6K is enough to tame it. Amazing value for money.
- Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Story of a New Reviewer: kimvictor 49 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 54 seconds ago
- › Upgrade from sennheiser 555? 1 minute ago
- › Toronto Winter Meet 1 minute ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › Audio GD SA-31 head amp/ preamp . A powerfull Head Amp with... 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Stax SR-404+Wee 4 minutes ago
- › I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some... 5 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - HiFiMan HE-560 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Stock... 8 minutes ago
- › sennheiser game zero - help request 8 minutes ago
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)