Recent Images In This Thread
- productCowon S9 8 GB Video MP3 Player with Touchscreen (Titanium Black)tagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD448 Around the Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser 598 or 595 or 558 (or maybe AT AD700)? Last post on 12/13/13 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser ear pads make my ears hot. Last post on 8/4/13 at 11:00am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 595 replacement? Any other than HD 598? Last post on 6/2/13 at 11:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Most Comfortable full sized Headphones Last post on 6/12/13 at 7:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread - Page 255
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I borrowed them and returned them to the owner, and he says something is clearly loose in the left side... rattling I guess. Loose screw maybe? I'm going to meet him to try and fix them in a bit. I don't remember any issues when I had them, I used them daily during the time I had them... my only thought is that something rattled loose in the car ride over to meet him, but considering it happened on my watch it's my responsibility to solve. Wish me luck!
Edited by jodgey4 - 7/22/14 at 4:43pm
Nahhh... he's a great guy and I've met with him many times... no tomfoolery there. Yep, peel the pads off, three screws, and that's it! Very easy, and well constructed. Whatever it was, went away when we tested them... I guess we'll never know what happened.
Edited by jodgey4 - 7/22/14 at 6:54pm
Um... What the hell
I always had the curiosity of listen the 598's in a awesome desktop amp like the Leben CS300X, WA7 or HDVD800. With a better cable and the iPod touch 5G as source, my god *-*
Some people here say the 598's recabled is even better. (More refined, more detailed, and more clear). Instead of buying a new cable try to recable it yourself to improve it!
I've listened the HD598's with some top tier amps but they doesn't scale much. The impact on sound can be noticed when you use a good Dac.
I had this great idea: Sell my hd598's, then use the money to "upgrade" to hd600's or something. Well I still didn't have enough money for new cans, spent the hd598 money, so now I have no cans and no money lol
- Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 1 minute ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 1 minute ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 1 minute ago
- › hfb_chat - Discussion, suggestions, ballroom dancing 1 minute ago
- › Need help to test the 20,000 sound tracks music library firmware... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 2 minutes ago
- › New Ultrasone Edition 5 hinted in the Fujiya Avice Autumn Festival... 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)