Recent Images In This Thread
- productCowon S9 8 GB Video MP3 Player with Touchscreen (Titanium Black)tagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD448 Around the Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser 598 or 595 or 558 (or maybe AT AD700)? Last post on 12/13/13 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD598 Amazon Black Friday deal $99.99! Last post on 11/29/14 at 3:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Make your cheap headphones sound like they cost twice the price. Last post on 7/8/14 at 5:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser ear pads make my ears hot. Last post on 8/4/13 at 11:00am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
The Sony MDR-EX1000 is truly a legendary IEM but in a world of its own. Not even the latest XBA, or XBA hybrid Z series could rival its intimidating large single-dynamic driver setup. (my EX1000...
I had the opportunity to listen to this at length against some other similar priced gears. After pairing my device, it magically struck me WOW! As I tried a number of music tracks , it...
I managed to try this MDR-Ma900 against others in the same shop. The comfort and ergonomics of this Sony are very good. Initially, I was pleasantly surprised how nice it sounded. But...
I tried this twice with different devices. It sounds pretty good with big bass sounds and probably suit a lot of youngsters today. Many very young people that I know prefer Beats or something...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread - Page 255
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I borrowed them and returned them to the owner, and he says something is clearly loose in the left side... rattling I guess. Loose screw maybe? I'm going to meet him to try and fix them in a bit. I don't remember any issues when I had them, I used them daily during the time I had them... my only thought is that something rattled loose in the car ride over to meet him, but considering it happened on my watch it's my responsibility to solve. Wish me luck!
Edited by jodgey4 - 7/22/14 at 4:43pm
Nahhh... he's a great guy and I've met with him many times... no tomfoolery there. Yep, peel the pads off, three screws, and that's it! Very easy, and well constructed. Whatever it was, went away when we tested them... I guess we'll never know what happened.
Edited by jodgey4 - 7/22/14 at 6:54pm
Um... What the hell
I always had the curiosity of listen the 598's in a awesome desktop amp like the Leben CS300X, WA7 or HDVD800. With a better cable and the iPod touch 5G as source, my god *-*
Some people here say the 598's recabled is even better. (More refined, more detailed, and more clear). Instead of buying a new cable try to recable it yourself to improve it!
I've listened the HD598's with some top tier amps but they doesn't scale much. The impact on sound can be noticed when you use a good Dac.
I had this great idea: Sell my hd598's, then use the money to "upgrade" to hd600's or something. Well I still didn't have enough money for new cans, spent the hd598 money, so now I have no cans and no money lol
- Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › No difference in sound when trying various amps??!?!?! 46 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-09-15 2 minutes ago
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STX II 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 2 minutes ago
- › Official X3 firmware 3.30--M3U playlists, 5-band EQ. Merry Christmas! 3 minutes ago
- › Cabillas GS1000-style cups for Grado/Allesandro/Magnum drivers or a... 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › FS: Special Edition Bottlehead Crack with Speedball Upgrade 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by stuartfang
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3