Recent Images In This Thread
- productCowon S9 8 GB Video MP3 Player with Touchscreen (Titanium Black)tagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD448 Around the Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser 598 or 595 or 558 (or maybe AT AD700)? Last post on 12/13/13 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Make your cheap headphones sound like they cost twice the price. Last post on 7/8/14 at 5:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser ear pads make my ears hot. Last post on 8/4/13 at 11:00am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 595 replacement? Any other than HD 598? Last post on 6/2/13 at 11:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/21/14
Almost 2 months with these gems. I simply love these IEMs. I paired them against my Shure SE215 and the Havi B3 Pro 1 and I briefly pit them against the UE700s and Klipsch S4II. I am definitely no...
This is my first proper set of over ears, and I'm quite surprised! The bass is fast, punchy and has enough weight to satisfy the slight basshead in me. The treble is a bit laid back for me, and I...
Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable Teflon over UP-OCC: Ultra Pure Ohno Continous Cast Copper Viablue Y Splitter Switchcraft 4 pin XLR Ordered 5 ft length So a bit of background here. I...
I used this a a record cleaning machine... it served me well through college and frankly, was "good enough". I got pretty amazing results mounting the turntable on a shelf bolted to a frame that...
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread - Page 255
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I borrowed them and returned them to the owner, and he says something is clearly loose in the left side... rattling I guess. Loose screw maybe? I'm going to meet him to try and fix them in a bit. I don't remember any issues when I had them, I used them daily during the time I had them... my only thought is that something rattled loose in the car ride over to meet him, but considering it happened on my watch it's my responsibility to solve. Wish me luck!
Edited by jodgey4 - 7/22/14 at 4:43pm
Nahhh... he's a great guy and I've met with him many times... no tomfoolery there. Yep, peel the pads off, three screws, and that's it! Very easy, and well constructed. Whatever it was, went away when we tested them... I guess we'll never know what happened.
Edited by jodgey4 - 7/22/14 at 6:54pm
Um... What the hell
I always had the curiosity of listen the 598's in a awesome desktop amp like the Leben CS300X, WA7 or HDVD800. With a better cable and the iPod touch 5G as source, my god *-*
Some people here say the 598's recabled is even better. (More refined, more detailed, and more clear). Instead of buying a new cable try to recable it yourself to improve it!
I've listened the HD598's with some top tier amps but they doesn't scale much. The impact on sound can be noticed when you use a good Dac.
I had this great idea: Sell my hd598's, then use the money to "upgrade" to hd600's or something. Well I still didn't have enough money for new cans, spent the hd598 money, so now I have no cans and no money lol
- Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 26 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 32 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 43 seconds ago
- › Help for LP setup 52 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sure Electronics 2x100W Class D Bluetooth Amp. 1 minute ago
- › Is a Soundcard Going to Improve my Computer's Audio? 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by audiobean
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by donnot
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)