Recent Images In This Thread
- productCowon S9 8 GB Video MP3 Player with Touchscreen (Titanium Black)tagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD448 Around the Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser 598 or 595 or 558 (or maybe AT AD700)? Last post on 12/13/13 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Make your cheap headphones sound like they cost twice the price. Last post on 7/8/14 at 5:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser ear pads make my ears hot. Last post on 8/4/13 at 11:00am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 595 replacement? Any other than HD 598? Last post on 6/2/13 at 11:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/21/14
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
AKG K3003 is an important milestone in the development of IEM. It’s THE FIRST universal fit IEM that successfully combines dynamic driver and balance armature technology together. After owning them...
Had this little player for sometime now recently purchased the X1 and comparing them both im still sold on the DX50 although I still like my X1 but I still find the sound seperation on the DX50...
Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread - Page 240
Gear mentioned in this thread:
okay guys so i recently got the hd 598 and i am having issue with the volume of these headphones being low. I have never really owned headphones before but i do have the cx 300 ii and to me they sound much louder and better:/ do these headphones require an amp and dac (not familiar with these things as i am new to this stuff). I have used the headphones with my pc, nexus 4 and ipod nano 3rd generation to me these sound really quiet as compared to my cx 300 ii. I am willing to get the omni 5.1 soundcard as it has an 600ohms built in headphones and i am only gonna use it with my pc. Have you guys experienced any difference between using an amp/dac with the hd 598?
It could be the laid back sound signature too. I noticed they seem "quieter" because of that.
The HD 598 is fine for gaming. As long as you can drive it, it will work. I always preferred stereo to virtualized surround when it comes to games and headphones.
The only thing amping adds is a more defined bass, but with only 60 ohms you don't really need amping if volume is the only concern, you can get them to uncomfortable levels with an ipod.
Even after owning the 600s for months, I still can't get over how natural a timbre they have. You won't regret it. I keep my 598s for movies/tv & background music, but when I want to actually listen to music, I only use the 600s.
- Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 seconds ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold (LAu) 22 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth headphones 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Noob here looking for a good headphone amp 4 minutes ago
- › HD 600 VS Q701 For Gaming purposes +Modmic 5 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 7 minutes ago
- › Cardas Clear Audeze to 2x3Pin XLR 10 foot 8 minutes ago
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)