Recent Images In This Thread
- productCowon S9 8 GB Video MP3 Player with Touchscreen (Titanium Black)tagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD448 Around the Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser 598 or 595 or 558 (or maybe AT AD700)? Last post on 12/13/13 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 3/4/15 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD598 Amazon Black Friday deal $99.99! Last post on 11/29/14 at 3:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Make your cheap headphones sound like they cost twice the price. Last post on 7/8/14 at 5:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread - Page 240
Gear mentioned in this thread:
okay guys so i recently got the hd 598 and i am having issue with the volume of these headphones being low. I have never really owned headphones before but i do have the cx 300 ii and to me they sound much louder and better:/ do these headphones require an amp and dac (not familiar with these things as i am new to this stuff). I have used the headphones with my pc, nexus 4 and ipod nano 3rd generation to me these sound really quiet as compared to my cx 300 ii. I am willing to get the omni 5.1 soundcard as it has an 600ohms built in headphones and i am only gonna use it with my pc. Have you guys experienced any difference between using an amp/dac with the hd 598?
It could be the laid back sound signature too. I noticed they seem "quieter" because of that.
The HD 598 is fine for gaming. As long as you can drive it, it will work. I always preferred stereo to virtualized surround when it comes to games and headphones.
The only thing amping adds is a more defined bass, but with only 60 ohms you don't really need amping if volume is the only concern, you can get them to uncomfortable levels with an ipod.
Even after owning the 600s for months, I still can't get over how natural a timbre they have. You won't regret it. I keep my 598s for movies/tv & background music, but when I want to actually listen to music, I only use the 600s.
- Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 18 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Help me decide- getting an IEM & a portable amp 3 minutes ago
- › Warm power tubes for the Little Dot MKII to go with my Mullard M8161? 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2