Recent Images In This Thread
- productCowon S9 8 GB Video MP3 Player with Touchscreen (Titanium Black)tagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD448 Around the Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser 598 or 595 or 558 (or maybe AT AD700)? Last post on 12/13/13 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 8/11/15 at 7:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD598 Amazon Black Friday deal $99.99! Last post on 11/29/14 at 3:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Make your cheap headphones sound like they cost twice the price. Last post on 7/8/14 at 5:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
Thank You's and Sorries A big thank David Maudlin for sending me the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio to me back in late May and I apologise that it's taken me 3 months to put something up about...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Jive you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated with...
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Table of Contents Introduction Features and Ergonomics Sound Quality With IEMS With full-size headphones Comparisons to other audio gear For whom is this player good...
Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread - Page 240
Gear mentioned in this thread:
okay guys so i recently got the hd 598 and i am having issue with the volume of these headphones being low. I have never really owned headphones before but i do have the cx 300 ii and to me they sound much louder and better:/ do these headphones require an amp and dac (not familiar with these things as i am new to this stuff). I have used the headphones with my pc, nexus 4 and ipod nano 3rd generation to me these sound really quiet as compared to my cx 300 ii. I am willing to get the omni 5.1 soundcard as it has an 600ohms built in headphones and i am only gonna use it with my pc. Have you guys experienced any difference between using an amp/dac with the hd 598?
It could be the laid back sound signature too. I noticed they seem "quieter" because of that.
The HD 598 is fine for gaming. As long as you can drive it, it will work. I always preferred stereo to virtualized surround when it comes to games and headphones.
The only thing amping adds is a more defined bass, but with only 60 ohms you don't really need amping if volume is the only concern, you can get them to uncomfortable levels with an ipod.
Even after owning the 600s for months, I still can't get over how natural a timbre they have. You won't regret it. I keep my 598s for movies/tv & background music, but when I want to actually listen to music, I only use the 600s.
- Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for new headphones (considering ATH-M50X, DT-770PRO 250,... 4 minutes ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 7 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs Trio Portable Tube Amp - Discussion and Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › How to choose considering sound fatigue? 8 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 9 minutes ago
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2