Recent Images In This Thread
- productCowon S9 8 GB Video MP3 Player with Touchscreen (Titanium Black)tagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD448 Around the Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser 598 or 595 or 558 (or maybe AT AD700)? Last post on 12/13/13 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 3/4/15 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD598 Amazon Black Friday deal $99.99! Last post on 11/29/14 at 3:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Make your cheap headphones sound like they cost twice the price. Last post on 7/8/14 at 5:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
These headphones are a steal for the msrp price (don't mind that I got a killer deal). I haven't heard any headphone come close to achieving the textures achieved by the PSBs. The chunkiness...
I bought this headphone as part of a search for an birthday present for my little brother (going for that brother of the year award, he deserved it). I tested and listened to the DT 770 pro 32 ohm...
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
Great sound, strong bass, great construct quality, very confortable, warm sound. This is a real overall headphone. Everything will sound good on it (not a real reference headphone). Fantastic for...
Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread - Page 240
Gear mentioned in this thread:
okay guys so i recently got the hd 598 and i am having issue with the volume of these headphones being low. I have never really owned headphones before but i do have the cx 300 ii and to me they sound much louder and better:/ do these headphones require an amp and dac (not familiar with these things as i am new to this stuff). I have used the headphones with my pc, nexus 4 and ipod nano 3rd generation to me these sound really quiet as compared to my cx 300 ii. I am willing to get the omni 5.1 soundcard as it has an 600ohms built in headphones and i am only gonna use it with my pc. Have you guys experienced any difference between using an amp/dac with the hd 598?
It could be the laid back sound signature too. I noticed they seem "quieter" because of that.
The HD 598 is fine for gaming. As long as you can drive it, it will work. I always preferred stereo to virtualized surround when it comes to games and headphones.
The only thing amping adds is a more defined bass, but with only 60 ohms you don't really need amping if volume is the only concern, you can get them to uncomfortable levels with an ipod.
Even after owning the 600s for months, I still can't get over how natural a timbre they have. You won't regret it. I keep my 598s for movies/tv & background music, but when I want to actually listen to music, I only use the 600s.
- Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 mods 3 minutes ago
- › Digitizing vinyl 4 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 4 minutes ago
- › AK 240 Stainless Steel Edition is The Best AK 240 Ever Made like... 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 8 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2