I said STX or E10, not both lol.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCowon S9 8 GB Video MP3 Player with Touchscreen (Titanium Black)tagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD448 Around the Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser 598 or 595 or 558 (or maybe AT AD700)? Last post on 12/13/13 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 8/11/15 at 7:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD598 Amazon Black Friday deal $99.99! Last post on 11/29/14 at 3:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Make your cheap headphones sound like they cost twice the price. Last post on 7/8/14 at 5:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
The Introduction Well, lovely citizens of head-fi, I am finally ready to bring you the review of the new T50RP mod by ZMF Headphones, known as the ZMF Omni. It is a semi-open headphone that...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website link:...
Preamble: Hi guys, I'm a budding audio-appreciator since starting on this journey about a year and a half ago. I just have average ears that like to listen to slightly above average music and so...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Brainwavz S3 you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated...
Introduction First of all, I would like to thank Aune (@AuneAudio) for giving me the opportunity to review their unit. This is the link to the relevant head-fi thread:...
Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread - Page 185
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My bad i thought you had the card already :D Anyway, i think it's better to go with the STX imho, it would be a big quality upgrade over your integrated audio and you'll benefit from all the dolby gimmicks as well. But then i'm no expert (but there seems to be plenty around here).
Edited by Glasofruix - 9/20/13 at 5:00pm
That's because those people are deaf idiots. Some people prefer to use DACs instead of soundcards (for music mainly), but a decent soundcard is still waaaaaay better than any realtek or whatnot integrated crap, even for gaming. Personnaly i had an X-Fi Forte that died on me so i ordered a xonar phoebus (i like to try things), i had to switch back to my realtek in the meantime, 20 minutes later i turned it off because that thing sucks monkeyballs compared to a real soundcard. An STX is a safe bet if you don't plan on using 5.1 or 7.1 setups.
Anyone think the HD598's suck at replicating drums...?
Is it because of the lack of low frequency response?
I was listening to Abbey Road(fave) and some other old school albums with:
Cyrus CD player >> Audio-GD Compass II >> HD598
It sounded unnatural & slow.
I agree they're not very strong compared to closed headphones, but I still think they sound very good. I say this while listening to Come Together without any equalization. I do however prefer to boost the bass by 3db at 100Hz when using these headphones.
EDIT: As palmfish suggests, check the recording. I'm listening to a lossless file of the most recent remastered recordings.
Edited by Phredd - 9/21/13 at 5:27pm
Well my reference for comparison were a pair of Grado RS2's and SR60's ..both of which replicated some songs exceedingly better (as far as drums go, not concerned about vocals or stringed instruments which the 598s do just fine)
I will probably hang up the 598s for the time being.. and make my way towards the HiFiMan's to see if they have what I'm looking for. O_o
For gaming a sound card. For music, a DAC/Amp. A good sound card and a amp should be fine for music as well.
You wanted an STX if i recall correctly, that's one of the best cards for stereo. The recent soundblasters (Zs not the recons) are also quite nice for gaming and support surround setups. You don't need an amp with those.
The STX seems good but some people are saying the software isn't the best. I would get the Phoebus but the driver problems and games crashing puts me off it.
- Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread 5 seconds ago
- › 2015 CanJam @ RMAF Impressions thread - (October 2-4, 2015) 25 seconds ago
- › The Woo Audio 2 1 minute ago
- › NOBLE Savant Thread (Impressions, Reviews, Tours) 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 4 minutes ago
- › ROCK Zircon + Mula IEM Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 5 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 5 minutes ago
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by GioF71
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Philips SHE3905BK/27 In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Black by Whitigir
- › Music Hall de-be Portable Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2