I said STX or E10, not both lol.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCowon S9 8 GB Video MP3 Player with Touchscreen (Titanium Black)tagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD448 Around the Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser 598 or 595 or 558 (or maybe AT AD700)? Last post on 12/13/13 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD598 Amazon Black Friday deal $99.99! Last post on 11/29/14 at 3:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Make your cheap headphones sound like they cost twice the price. Last post on 7/8/14 at 5:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser ear pads make my ears hot. Last post on 8/4/13 at 11:00am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
This is a review for the Shure SE315's, first a little about myself I don't consider myself a hard core audiophile like most people on this site. I am 38 years old and I am just your everyday...
TL;DR : Don't be lazy, I already made the review super short Let's just keep this short, I got the MMX102IE (same version just with a mic and 1 button remote) for about 40$ cuz of a discount...
I am penning down my opinion about the Hidizs AP100 Digital Audio Player. I will try to keep this review simple as possible and I hope it would be easy to read, and will help fellow enthusiasts to...
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread - Page 185
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My bad i thought you had the card already :D Anyway, i think it's better to go with the STX imho, it would be a big quality upgrade over your integrated audio and you'll benefit from all the dolby gimmicks as well. But then i'm no expert (but there seems to be plenty around here).
Edited by Glasofruix - 9/20/13 at 5:00pm
That's because those people are deaf idiots. Some people prefer to use DACs instead of soundcards (for music mainly), but a decent soundcard is still waaaaaay better than any realtek or whatnot integrated crap, even for gaming. Personnaly i had an X-Fi Forte that died on me so i ordered a xonar phoebus (i like to try things), i had to switch back to my realtek in the meantime, 20 minutes later i turned it off because that thing sucks monkeyballs compared to a real soundcard. An STX is a safe bet if you don't plan on using 5.1 or 7.1 setups.
Anyone think the HD598's suck at replicating drums...?
Is it because of the lack of low frequency response?
I was listening to Abbey Road(fave) and some other old school albums with:
Cyrus CD player >> Audio-GD Compass II >> HD598
It sounded unnatural & slow.
I agree they're not very strong compared to closed headphones, but I still think they sound very good. I say this while listening to Come Together without any equalization. I do however prefer to boost the bass by 3db at 100Hz when using these headphones.
EDIT: As palmfish suggests, check the recording. I'm listening to a lossless file of the most recent remastered recordings.
Edited by Phredd - 9/21/13 at 5:27pm
Well my reference for comparison were a pair of Grado RS2's and SR60's ..both of which replicated some songs exceedingly better (as far as drums go, not concerned about vocals or stringed instruments which the 598s do just fine)
I will probably hang up the 598s for the time being.. and make my way towards the HiFiMan's to see if they have what I'm looking for. O_o
For gaming a sound card. For music, a DAC/Amp. A good sound card and a amp should be fine for music as well.
You wanted an STX if i recall correctly, that's one of the best cards for stereo. The recent soundblasters (Zs not the recons) are also quite nice for gaming and support surround setups. You don't need an amp with those.
The STX seems good but some people are saying the software isn't the best. I would get the Phoebus but the driver problems and games crashing puts me off it.
- Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit we'd like to see 18 seconds ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 55 seconds ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Balanced IEM's for rock music 1 minute ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › [Listing] Canadian Companies/Retailers 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Meridian Prime Headphone Amplifier Review 4 minutes ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 8 minutes ago
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)