I said STX or E10, not both lol.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCowon S9 8 GB Video MP3 Player with Touchscreen (Titanium Black)tagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD448 Around the Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser 598 or 595 or 558 (or maybe AT AD700)? Last post on 12/13/13 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser ear pads make my ears hot. Last post on 8/4/13 at 11:00am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 595 replacement? Any other than HD 598? Last post on 6/2/13 at 11:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Most Comfortable full sized Headphones Last post on 6/12/13 at 7:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
Hifiman HE-400i Review and Comparison Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread - Page 185
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My bad i thought you had the card already :D Anyway, i think it's better to go with the STX imho, it would be a big quality upgrade over your integrated audio and you'll benefit from all the dolby gimmicks as well. But then i'm no expert (but there seems to be plenty around here).
Edited by Glasofruix - 9/20/13 at 5:00pm
That's because those people are deaf idiots. Some people prefer to use DACs instead of soundcards (for music mainly), but a decent soundcard is still waaaaaay better than any realtek or whatnot integrated crap, even for gaming. Personnaly i had an X-Fi Forte that died on me so i ordered a xonar phoebus (i like to try things), i had to switch back to my realtek in the meantime, 20 minutes later i turned it off because that thing sucks monkeyballs compared to a real soundcard. An STX is a safe bet if you don't plan on using 5.1 or 7.1 setups.
Anyone think the HD598's suck at replicating drums...?
Is it because of the lack of low frequency response?
I was listening to Abbey Road(fave) and some other old school albums with:
Cyrus CD player >> Audio-GD Compass II >> HD598
It sounded unnatural & slow.
I agree they're not very strong compared to closed headphones, but I still think they sound very good. I say this while listening to Come Together without any equalization. I do however prefer to boost the bass by 3db at 100Hz when using these headphones.
EDIT: As palmfish suggests, check the recording. I'm listening to a lossless file of the most recent remastered recordings.
Edited by Phredd - 9/21/13 at 5:27pm
Well my reference for comparison were a pair of Grado RS2's and SR60's ..both of which replicated some songs exceedingly better (as far as drums go, not concerned about vocals or stringed instruments which the 598s do just fine)
I will probably hang up the 598s for the time being.. and make my way towards the HiFiMan's to see if they have what I'm looking for. O_o
For gaming a sound card. For music, a DAC/Amp. A good sound card and a amp should be fine for music as well.
You wanted an STX if i recall correctly, that's one of the best cards for stereo. The recent soundblasters (Zs not the recons) are also quite nice for gaming and support surround setups. You don't need an amp with those.
The STX seems good but some people are saying the software isn't the best. I would get the Phoebus but the driver problems and games crashing puts me off it.
- Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 40 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 45 seconds ago
- › Anyone knows what headphone this is... 46 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Interest Check: AKG K812 and Oppo PM-1 4 minutes ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH-840 vs Denon AH-D2000 6 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)