I said STX or E10, not both lol.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCowon S9 8 GB Video MP3 Player with Touchscreen (Titanium Black)tagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD448 Around the Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser 598 or 595 or 558 (or maybe AT AD700)? Last post on 12/13/13 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD598 Amazon Black Friday deal $99.99! Last post on 11/29/14 at 3:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Make your cheap headphones sound like they cost twice the price. Last post on 7/8/14 at 5:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser ear pads make my ears hot. Last post on 8/4/13 at 11:00am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Brainwavz M1 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation back in the day for the sample. Full length old review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/499583/brainwavz-m1-review Brief: Old but...
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread - Page 185
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My bad i thought you had the card already :D Anyway, i think it's better to go with the STX imho, it would be a big quality upgrade over your integrated audio and you'll benefit from all the dolby gimmicks as well. But then i'm no expert (but there seems to be plenty around here).
Edited by Glasofruix - 9/20/13 at 5:00pm
That's because those people are deaf idiots. Some people prefer to use DACs instead of soundcards (for music mainly), but a decent soundcard is still waaaaaay better than any realtek or whatnot integrated crap, even for gaming. Personnaly i had an X-Fi Forte that died on me so i ordered a xonar phoebus (i like to try things), i had to switch back to my realtek in the meantime, 20 minutes later i turned it off because that thing sucks monkeyballs compared to a real soundcard. An STX is a safe bet if you don't plan on using 5.1 or 7.1 setups.
Anyone think the HD598's suck at replicating drums...?
Is it because of the lack of low frequency response?
I was listening to Abbey Road(fave) and some other old school albums with:
Cyrus CD player >> Audio-GD Compass II >> HD598
It sounded unnatural & slow.
I agree they're not very strong compared to closed headphones, but I still think they sound very good. I say this while listening to Come Together without any equalization. I do however prefer to boost the bass by 3db at 100Hz when using these headphones.
EDIT: As palmfish suggests, check the recording. I'm listening to a lossless file of the most recent remastered recordings.
Edited by Phredd - 9/21/13 at 5:27pm
Well my reference for comparison were a pair of Grado RS2's and SR60's ..both of which replicated some songs exceedingly better (as far as drums go, not concerned about vocals or stringed instruments which the 598s do just fine)
I will probably hang up the 598s for the time being.. and make my way towards the HiFiMan's to see if they have what I'm looking for. O_o
For gaming a sound card. For music, a DAC/Amp. A good sound card and a amp should be fine for music as well.
You wanted an STX if i recall correctly, that's one of the best cards for stereo. The recent soundblasters (Zs not the recons) are also quite nice for gaming and support surround setups. You don't need an amp with those.
The STX seems good but some people are saying the software isn't the best. I would get the Phoebus but the driver problems and games crashing puts me off it.
- Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015:... 7 seconds ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 15 seconds ago
- › Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? 23 seconds ago
- › The Official Rockbox for Android Registry 27 seconds ago
- › Audeze Cardas Clear Cable 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Custom AKG V-Moda Boom Pro Adapter (Testers Wanted) 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)