i swear, these cans amaze me every time I wear them....i'm ready to sell all my other cans, and just roll with these
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCowon S9 8 GB Video MP3 Player with Touchscreen (Titanium Black)tagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD448 Around the Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser 598 or 595 or 558 (or maybe AT AD700)? Last post on 12/13/13 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser ear pads make my ears hot. Last post on 8/4/13 at 11:00am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 595 replacement? Any other than HD 598? Last post on 6/2/13 at 11:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Most Comfortable full sized Headphones Last post on 6/12/13 at 7:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
I am not sure how these got such rave reviews. As background I've used DBA02 Sony XBA3 prior to purchasing these. I was interested because of its double dynamic drivers. After receiving...
Disclaimer: I would like to sincerely thank Salsera and Brainwavz for providing the sample S5 for this review. For most of my audio listening “career”, I haven’t been a big fan of...
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread - Page 179
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It sounds quite awesome with my RWAK100 as well. I'm really happy with the combination though I usually use a desktop amp with the two as I normally keep the HD 598's always plugged into my Maverick Audio D1+
Gonna have to echo the post above me. Contacting Sennheiser is likely going to be the easiest way. Granted you can get a 558 head band cushion from Amazon. If you don't mind clashing colors that is something to consider.
I kind of wanted to avoid contacting sennheiser since I assume that it's going to take a while for them to replace it.
Could you post a link? I can only find the ear pads.
I think it's a good idea to contact Sennheiser. Their customer services proved to be at high level. Some people received even brand new pairs when sending one for repair. Or they received HD 598s when they sent old HD 595s for repair. (as mentioned in reviews on amazon.com)
Now i'm not saying it will happen to anyone. Might depend on the severity of the problem. But you never know without trying. I've got very fast responses when i had to replace my broken HD 598 some two years ago.
Got this headphones 2 days ago (new, sealed box , from amazon) and noticed a construction difference between the 2 cups.
Can´t figure out yet if the sound is affected in anyway (as they are still burning in) but the lower part of the left cup has
some more of the inside mesh "glued" to the background than the right one. Took some macros where it is clearly seen.
Has any of you noticed the same on their cans? Could it be a manufacturing flaw? Some quality control issues? What do you think?
I would return them in the 30days period if I need to, just wanted to check if anybody else has the same problem.
Thanks in advance for your input.
Right cup :
- Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review 32 seconds ago
- › Basically all the Bose bashing is baseless. 44 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 47 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs) 1 minute ago
- › Opamp + adapter for FiiO E12DIY 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 4 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 4 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by xsuper
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)