i swear, these cans amaze me every time I wear them....i'm ready to sell all my other cans, and just roll with these
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCowon S9 8 GB Video MP3 Player with Touchscreen (Titanium Black)tagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD448 Around the Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser 598 or 595 or 558 (or maybe AT AD700)? Last post on 12/13/13 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 3/4/15 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD598 Amazon Black Friday deal $99.99! Last post on 11/29/14 at 3:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Make your cheap headphones sound like they cost twice the price. Last post on 7/8/14 at 5:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread - Page 179
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It sounds quite awesome with my RWAK100 as well. I'm really happy with the combination though I usually use a desktop amp with the two as I normally keep the HD 598's always plugged into my Maverick Audio D1+
Gonna have to echo the post above me. Contacting Sennheiser is likely going to be the easiest way. Granted you can get a 558 head band cushion from Amazon. If you don't mind clashing colors that is something to consider.
I kind of wanted to avoid contacting sennheiser since I assume that it's going to take a while for them to replace it.
Could you post a link? I can only find the ear pads.
I think it's a good idea to contact Sennheiser. Their customer services proved to be at high level. Some people received even brand new pairs when sending one for repair. Or they received HD 598s when they sent old HD 595s for repair. (as mentioned in reviews on amazon.com)
Now i'm not saying it will happen to anyone. Might depend on the severity of the problem. But you never know without trying. I've got very fast responses when i had to replace my broken HD 598 some two years ago.
Got this headphones 2 days ago (new, sealed box , from amazon) and noticed a construction difference between the 2 cups.
Can´t figure out yet if the sound is affected in anyway (as they are still burning in) but the lower part of the left cup has
some more of the inside mesh "glued" to the background than the right one. Took some macros where it is clearly seen.
Has any of you noticed the same on their cans? Could it be a manufacturing flaw? Some quality control issues? What do you think?
I would return them in the 30days period if I need to, just wanted to check if anybody else has the same problem.
Thanks in advance for your input.
Right cup :
- Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 II Custom Themes Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › What headphones are you currently rocking? 4 minutes ago
- › Ohio Head-Fiers? 4 minutes ago
- › PS Audio DL III with Cullen Stage 4 mods for Schiit Bifrost Uber 5 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3