Quite good. I enjoy it alot. From what I have heard so far with the HD598 on both these amps are that the Vali while not as accurate makes the music very full and rich sounding. Whereas the Asgard 2 is precise and clean.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCowon S9 8 GB Video MP3 Player with Touchscreen (Titanium Black)tagged by System, 9/14/11
- brandDenontagged by System, 9/14/11
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD448 Around the Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser 598 or 595 or 558 (or maybe AT AD700)? Last post on 12/13/13 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser ear pads make my ears hot. Last post on 8/4/13 at 11:00am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 595 replacement? Any other than HD 598? Last post on 6/2/13 at 11:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Most Comfortable full sized Headphones Last post on 6/12/13 at 7:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Sennheiser HD 598 Appreciation Thread - Page 256
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's the quality of the recording. The HD598 hates compressed music. On the most bass heavy songs in my library that are heavily compressed, the HD598s simply refuse to do them any justice. Bass sounds wimpy and somewhat distorted. On vinyl, vinyl rips, and HD tracks (including PC games and movies) the bass jumps out and punches you in the head. Interestingly, while looking at a frequency analyzer, bass levels can be the same yet the HD598 seem to just know what is compressed and what isn't.
Here is a suggestion on how to improve the quality (tone, timbre, distortion) on compressed tracks; Use a 'brick wall limiter'.
There's also the possibility that the stereo it was running through adds more bass weight than I'm typically used to, but it could very well be what you'e suggested. Either way, it was a pleasing end result!
Sorry, I never made the connection that since you are running vinyl, one must have an amp; Blonde moment. Yes, that too. I have actually recommended that users try out their A/V receivers.
long fixed since several years ago, the problem is almost non-existent now
iPhone-length cable with 3-button remote now available for the Sennheiser HD 598s...
Got one... works great!
Looks like this... metal not plastic jacks!!!
- Sennheiser HD 598 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › ASUS Xonar DSX - surroud through optical out help 2 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 3 minutes ago
- › Who else here is excited for the new Borderlands titles? 3 minutes ago
- › Alessandro Music Series MS PRO FAN CLUB! 3 minutes ago
- › Review: InEar StageDiver Series 4 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)