I said STX or E10, not both lol.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCowon S9 8 GB Video MP3 Player with Touchscreen (Titanium Black)tagged by System, 9/14/11
- brandDenontagged by System, 9/14/11
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD448 Around the Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser 598 or 595 or 558 (or maybe AT AD700)? Last post on 12/13/13 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser ear pads make my ears hot. Last post on 8/4/13 at 11:00am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 595 replacement? Any other than HD 598? Last post on 6/2/13 at 11:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Most Comfortable full sized Headphones Last post on 6/12/13 at 7:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Sennheiser HD 598 Appreciation Thread - Page 185
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My bad i thought you had the card already :D Anyway, i think it's better to go with the STX imho, it would be a big quality upgrade over your integrated audio and you'll benefit from all the dolby gimmicks as well. But then i'm no expert (but there seems to be plenty around here).
Edited by Glasofruix - 9/20/13 at 5:00pm
That's because those people are deaf idiots. Some people prefer to use DACs instead of soundcards (for music mainly), but a decent soundcard is still waaaaaay better than any realtek or whatnot integrated crap, even for gaming. Personnaly i had an X-Fi Forte that died on me so i ordered a xonar phoebus (i like to try things), i had to switch back to my realtek in the meantime, 20 minutes later i turned it off because that thing sucks monkeyballs compared to a real soundcard. An STX is a safe bet if you don't plan on using 5.1 or 7.1 setups.
Anyone think the HD598's suck at replicating drums...?
Is it because of the lack of low frequency response?
I was listening to Abbey Road(fave) and some other old school albums with:
Cyrus CD player >> Audio-GD Compass II >> HD598
It sounded unnatural & slow.
I agree they're not very strong compared to closed headphones, but I still think they sound very good. I say this while listening to Come Together without any equalization. I do however prefer to boost the bass by 3db at 100Hz when using these headphones.
EDIT: As palmfish suggests, check the recording. I'm listening to a lossless file of the most recent remastered recordings.
Edited by Phredd - 9/21/13 at 5:27pm
Well my reference for comparison were a pair of Grado RS2's and SR60's ..both of which replicated some songs exceedingly better (as far as drums go, not concerned about vocals or stringed instruments which the 598s do just fine)
I will probably hang up the 598s for the time being.. and make my way towards the HiFiMan's to see if they have what I'm looking for. O_o
For gaming a sound card. For music, a DAC/Amp. A good sound card and a amp should be fine for music as well.
You wanted an STX if i recall correctly, that's one of the best cards for stereo. The recent soundblasters (Zs not the recons) are also quite nice for gaming and support surround setups. You don't need an amp with those.
The STX seems good but some people are saying the software isn't the best. I would get the Phoebus but the driver problems and games crashing puts me off it.
- Sennheiser HD 598 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 23 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 30 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread (Preliminary Impressions) 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › Help setting up Astro A40 and mixamp with Xonar Phoebus? 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › ELA audio 6 foot Hifiman 4-pin cable 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)