i swear, these cans amaze me every time I wear them....i'm ready to sell all my other cans, and just roll with these
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCowon S9 8 GB Video MP3 Player with Touchscreen (Titanium Black)tagged by System, 9/14/11
- brandDenontagged by System, 9/14/11
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD448 Around the Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser 598 or 595 or 558 (or maybe AT AD700)? Last post on 12/13/13 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser ear pads make my ears hot. Last post on 8/4/13 at 11:00am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 595 replacement? Any other than HD 598? Last post on 6/2/13 at 11:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Most Comfortable full sized Headphones Last post on 6/12/13 at 7:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
Sennheiser HD 598 Appreciation Thread - Page 179
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2672 of 35888/9/13 at 7:16pmpost #2673 of 35888/9/13 at 8:12pmpost #2674 of 35888/10/13 at 12:30ampost #2675 of 35888/10/13 at 7:00amQuote:
It sounds quite awesome with my RWAK100 as well. I'm really happy with the combination though I usually use a desktop amp with the two as I normally keep the HD 598's always plugged into my Maverick Audio D1+post #2676 of 35888/10/13 at 8:00pmpost #2677 of 35888/10/13 at 8:14pmQuote:
contact senneheiser about it. That would the quickest way.post #2678 of 35888/12/13 at 11:22amQuote:
Gonna have to echo the post above me. Contacting Sennheiser is likely going to be the easiest way. Granted you can get a 558 head band cushion from Amazon. If you don't mind clashing colors that is something to consider.post #2679 of 35888/12/13 at 2:06pmQuote:
I kind of wanted to avoid contacting sennheiser since I assume that it's going to take a while for them to replace it.
Could you post a link? I can only find the ear pads.post #2680 of 35888/12/13 at 2:17pmThread Starter
I think it's a good idea to contact Sennheiser. Their customer services proved to be at high level. Some people received even brand new pairs when sending one for repair. Or they received HD 598s when they sent old HD 595s for repair. (as mentioned in reviews on amazon.com)
Now i'm not saying it will happen to anyone. Might depend on the severity of the problem. But you never know without trying. I've got very fast responses when i had to replace my broken HD 598 some two years ago.post #2681 of 35888/12/13 at 2:54pmpost #2682 of 35888/12/13 at 3:04pmpost #2683 of 35888/12/13 at 4:40pmpost #2684 of 35888/14/13 at 2:43am
Got this headphones 2 days ago (new, sealed box , from amazon) and noticed a construction difference between the 2 cups.
Can´t figure out yet if the sound is affected in anyway (as they are still burning in) but the lower part of the left cup has
some more of the inside mesh "glued" to the background than the right one. Took some macros where it is clearly seen.
Has any of you noticed the same on their cans? Could it be a manufacturing flaw? Some quality control issues? What do you think?
I would return them in the 30days period if I need to, just wanted to check if anybody else has the same problem.
Thanks in advance for your input.
Right cup :post #2685 of 35888/14/13 at 3:12am
- Sennheiser HD 598 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 11 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 52 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Steelseries Flux In-ear hard to adjust correctly into ear. 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Emotiva XDA-1 DAC Like New 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II + HD650 cable / 3-button cable / 2 earpad... 4 minutes ago
- › New HTC One M8 audio review 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 4 minutes ago
- › Recommend under 500 portables for bday present 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob