That's very interesting and really good to know. Thanks for sharing! haha I don't even have red headphones LOL.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCowon S9 8 GB Video MP3 Player with Touchscreen (Titanium Black)tagged by System, 9/14/11
- brandDenontagged by System, 9/14/11
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD448 Around the Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser 598 or 595 or 558 (or maybe AT AD700)? Last post on 2/19/13 at 1:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser ear pads make my ears hot. Last post on 8/4/13 at 11:00am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 595 replacement? Any other than HD 598? Last post on 6/2/13 at 11:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Most Comfortable full sized Headphones Last post on 6/12/13 at 7:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/6/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
First of all, I gave these a 3 star mostly for their price. At about 9 bucks they are about the cheapest headphones around. I mean, who is going to pass up a deal like that. They are dirt cheap and...
Q-audio French Silk Aftermarket Cable for MrSpeakers Alpha Dog INTRODUCTION I have spent a little over two months with the Alpha Dogs and its stock cable. About one month into the journey...
This will be a short synopsis of my findings after a few weeks with these. What they come with: First of all, they are shipped with a good deal of extras, including a longer studio-aimed cord,...
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
Sennheiser HD 598 Appreciation Thread - Page 164
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2447 of 31005/19/13 at 10:12ampost #2448 of 31005/19/13 at 10:22ampost #2449 of 31005/19/13 at 11:08ampost #2450 of 31005/19/13 at 11:15am
It's really hard to say because how do you replace the original source dac and then go into the original source amplifier unless you were using separates from the beginning? My sense of it is the dac is the greater impact on the 598 from typical source components as the 598 isn't that power hungry.post #2451 of 31005/19/13 at 11:51pmpost #2452 of 31005/22/13 at 1:50pmI know the bass is a bit low on these (at least compared to some other cans), but how do they fair with rap and r&b.
How do they do with rock vs sr225i/325i?
They'll be amped with an iPod touch 4g, and galaxy 5 player. Or sa ht680.post #2453 of 31005/22/13 at 5:55pmWith just straight from a dap, the bass does sound a bit light. But amp them properly, like through an asgard, the bass gets a good amount of boost in both quality and quantity. Though they will never be basshead headphones, no matter what gear you plug them into.
I can only compare them to sr80i. Unamped, the feel the grado is better for rock. Not sure about rap anf rnb though. Amped, the 598 is better than sr80i for any music. My experience anyway.
Edited by NZheadcase - 5/22/13 at 5:58pmpost #2454 of 31005/22/13 at 6:06pmQuote:
For rock, grados are very very good. HD598 has soft and mellow sound with soft highs. Rock needs hard hitting bass, forward mids, and aggressive highs, and grado perfectly suits. There is a saying "Grado is rock, and rock is Grado"(IDK where I heard this) and there is a reason for that.post #2455 of 31005/22/13 at 6:08pmQuote:
I would not recommend these for rap and r&b. The bass just doesn't extend low enough, regardless of amping. Even my Q701 reaches way deeper into the sub bass than these do. The HD 598 does many things very well, but rap and r&b are not on that list.
Rock on the other hand is quite good. Excellent midrange that brings out details in guitar and vocals and a punchy midbass for kick drum.post #2456 of 31005/22/13 at 6:17pmpost #2457 of 31005/22/13 at 7:28pmHad the m50. Don't want the ue6000, which seems to be a downgrade from what I already have, which are the mdr 1r and ath ws99. I don't want basshead bass, somewhere around mdr 7506 (and my 7506 clamps extremely lightly, so post of the seal is off).
I was thinking these, grado sr225i, or sr325i.
The sound signature i'm looking for is neutral bass, neutral mids, and emphasized highs.post #2458 of 31005/22/13 at 8:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by Trunks159
Had the m50. Don't want the ue6000, which seems to be a downgrade from what I already have, which are the mdr 1r and ath ws99. I don't want basshead bass, somewhere around mdr 7506 (and my 7506 clamps extremely lightly, so post of the seal is off).
I was thinking these, grado sr225i, or sr325i.
The sound signature i'm looking for is neutral bass, neutral mids, and emphasized highs.
HD598 would be good. AT AD900X as wellpost #2459 of 31005/23/13 at 5:31am
- Sennheiser HD 598 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › My Review of the Tortuga Audio Passive Preamp 2 seconds ago
- › Best audiophile metal and rock albums 13 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 51 seconds ago
- › New Cans for an Audio Newb 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › The Audio Technica W3000ANV Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Singapore Head-Fi Meet 8th December 2013 [Pictures] 5 minutes ago
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi