I can't imagine a $40 amplifier helping in any aspect other than more volume. Fiio brand maybe?
Related Forum Threads
- Replacing my HD555's, help appreciated. Last post on 10/1/11 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Audiophile Last post on 5/28/11 at 4:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help deciding for a <90$ Headphone Last post on 5/26/11 at 5:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR80i vs. Sennheiser HD 555 Last post on 5/26/11 at 4:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First good headphones HD595 , Now I want to try somthing different +portable amp. Lookin @... Last post on 4/11/11 at 6:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
How are the Sennheiser HD 595? - Page 2post #16 of 607/20/11 at 1:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 607/20/11 at 3:24pmpost #18 of 607/20/11 at 4:54pmpost #19 of 607/20/11 at 5:01pm
I'm in complete disagreement with that notion. While the HD595 is easy to drive, it most certainly does benefit from quality amplification. Heck, even my HD515 sound better amped.post #20 of 607/22/11 at 7:28pmpost #21 of 607/22/11 at 7:41pmpost #22 of 607/22/11 at 8:56pmpost #23 of 607/23/11 at 8:52am
A good place to start is is Fiio's E7/E9 combo for a desktop setup and or the E11 for a more portable setup. The HD595 is very good headphone that works well with most genres especially acuostic, jazz, classical and rock. It has an upfront, bright(for Sennheiser) sonic character that gives music a nice dynamic presentation. While it is by no means a bass monster, the bass is tight, punchy and accurate though, it does struggle a bit with bass heavy music in terms of giving the listener that real thump.
How do you figure that? The K701/2 boast a much bigger soundstage, better upper and lower frequency extension, better instrument seperation and a sound that is all but free from grain. While one may or may not like the sonic character of the AKG's current flagships, there is no question that they are more technical capable than the HD595.
Edited by Digital-Pride - 7/23/11 at 3:37pmpost #24 of 607/23/11 at 2:08pmpost #25 of 607/23/11 at 6:03pmpost #26 of 607/23/11 at 8:01pmQuote:
Really? You didn't hear any improvement in your HD595 out of the Fiio combo? Interesting.post #27 of 607/23/11 at 8:03pmQuote:
Well, if you like the sound of your HD595 as is then an amp is not really necessary in your case.post #28 of 607/23/11 at 8:24pmpost #29 of 607/23/11 at 8:35pmQuote:
The trouble with this scenario is that while you don't necessarily need an amp with the HD595, you absolutely need an amp for the K701. Just something to keep in mind...
- How are the Sennheiser HD 595?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Band Name Game II 19 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 51 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Struggling to decide which headphones to buy--neutral/closed back 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)