I can't imagine a $40 amplifier helping in any aspect other than more volume. Fiio brand maybe?
Related Forum Threads
- Replacing my HD555's, help appreciated. Last post on 10/1/11 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Audiophile Last post on 5/28/11 at 4:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help deciding for a <90$ Headphone Last post on 5/26/11 at 5:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR80i vs. Sennheiser HD 555 Last post on 5/26/11 at 4:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First good headphones HD595 , Now I want to try somthing different +portable amp. Lookin @... Last post on 4/11/11 at 6:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger images - please click individual photosINTRODUCTIONThis was the 2nd round of the HifiMan review tour of the two new DAPs in their portfolio. I posted the review of the SuperMini earlier...
Linking Mart/Agptek kindly sent me their latest Lossless Media player for review. External Features The first thing that strikes you about this player is its sheer weight and feeling of solidity...
Over the past few weeks I have tried out quite a few over-ear bluetooth headphones in a mad search for the ‘ultimate’ bluetooth headphone. I have tried the Bose QC35’s, V-Moda Crossfade Wireless...
This is a review of the Zorloo ZuperDAC DAC/amp combo. The Zorloo ZuperDAC was sendt to me for free from Zorloo in exchange for my honest review of it. I’d like to say THANK YOU to Zorloo for...
Not an audiophile, but here are my most notable impressions of these in ears: They're V-Shaped Natural, warm, accurate, true to life are not the words I'd use to describe these headphones....
How are the Sennheiser HD 595? - Page 2post #16 of 607/20/11 at 1:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 607/20/11 at 3:24pmpost #18 of 607/20/11 at 4:54pmpost #19 of 607/20/11 at 5:01pm
I'm in complete disagreement with that notion. While the HD595 is easy to drive, it most certainly does benefit from quality amplification. Heck, even my HD515 sound better amped.post #20 of 607/22/11 at 7:28pmpost #21 of 607/22/11 at 7:41pmpost #22 of 607/22/11 at 8:56pmpost #23 of 607/23/11 at 8:52am
A good place to start is is Fiio's E7/E9 combo for a desktop setup and or the E11 for a more portable setup. The HD595 is very good headphone that works well with most genres especially acuostic, jazz, classical and rock. It has an upfront, bright(for Sennheiser) sonic character that gives music a nice dynamic presentation. While it is by no means a bass monster, the bass is tight, punchy and accurate though, it does struggle a bit with bass heavy music in terms of giving the listener that real thump.
How do you figure that? The K701/2 boast a much bigger soundstage, better upper and lower frequency extension, better instrument seperation and a sound that is all but free from grain. While one may or may not like the sonic character of the AKG's current flagships, there is no question that they are more technical capable than the HD595.
Edited by Digital-Pride - 7/23/11 at 3:37pmpost #24 of 607/23/11 at 2:08pmpost #25 of 607/23/11 at 6:03pmpost #26 of 607/23/11 at 8:01pmQuote:
Really? You didn't hear any improvement in your HD595 out of the Fiio combo? Interesting.post #27 of 607/23/11 at 8:03pmQuote:
Well, if you like the sound of your HD595 as is then an amp is not really necessary in your case.post #28 of 607/23/11 at 8:24pmpost #29 of 607/23/11 at 8:35pmQuote:
The trouble with this scenario is that while you don't necessarily need an amp with the HD595, you absolutely need an amp for the K701. Just something to keep in mind...
- How are the Sennheiser HD 595?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 2016 Southeastern Michigan FALL Head-Fi Meet: SATURDAY, OCTOBER... 25 seconds ago
- › Pathos Aurium anyone? 54 seconds ago
- › Burson Cable+ Active Voltage Raising / Impedance Matching Cable 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Objectivists board room 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Wizard Savanna Giveaway! 4 minutes ago
- › Looking to upgrade from HD380 Pro... 4 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by peter123
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Obery
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by Delance26
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by d8n0g
- › Bluedio T3 Plus (Turbine 3rd) Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Bluedio T3 (Turbine 3rd) Extra Bass Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Gemtune Urbanfun Hifi Dual-driver In-ear Headphones,Hybrid Balanced... by loomisjohnson
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...