I can't imagine a $40 amplifier helping in any aspect other than more volume. Fiio brand maybe?
Related Forum Threads
- Replacing my HD555's, help appreciated. Last post on 10/1/11 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Audiophile Last post on 5/28/11 at 4:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help deciding for a <90$ Headphone Last post on 5/26/11 at 5:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR80i vs. Sennheiser HD 555 Last post on 5/26/11 at 4:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First good headphones HD595 , Now I want to try somthing different +portable amp. Lookin @... Last post on 4/11/11 at 6:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I will keep this review short as there are lots of other well done in depth reviews out there. I have had this unit for a while now ( about 4-5 months) and I love it. I have had no issues with it...
My setup: iBasso DX50 --> Dunu DN-1000 Packaging Yes the accessories in the box are plenty. But the cloth material used for inner box and metal case is poor. The black dust from the cloth...
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
How are the Sennheiser HD 595? - Page 2post #16 of 607/20/11 at 1:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 607/20/11 at 3:24pmpost #18 of 607/20/11 at 4:54pmpost #19 of 607/20/11 at 5:01pm
I'm in complete disagreement with that notion. While the HD595 is easy to drive, it most certainly does benefit from quality amplification. Heck, even my HD515 sound better amped.post #20 of 607/22/11 at 7:28pmpost #21 of 607/22/11 at 7:41pmpost #22 of 607/22/11 at 8:56pmpost #23 of 607/23/11 at 8:52am
A good place to start is is Fiio's E7/E9 combo for a desktop setup and or the E11 for a more portable setup. The HD595 is very good headphone that works well with most genres especially acuostic, jazz, classical and rock. It has an upfront, bright(for Sennheiser) sonic character that gives music a nice dynamic presentation. While it is by no means a bass monster, the bass is tight, punchy and accurate though, it does struggle a bit with bass heavy music in terms of giving the listener that real thump.
How do you figure that? The K701/2 boast a much bigger soundstage, better upper and lower frequency extension, better instrument seperation and a sound that is all but free from grain. While one may or may not like the sonic character of the AKG's current flagships, there is no question that they are more technical capable than the HD595.
Edited by Digital-Pride - 7/23/11 at 3:37pmpost #24 of 607/23/11 at 2:08pmpost #25 of 607/23/11 at 6:03pmpost #26 of 607/23/11 at 8:01pmQuote:
Really? You didn't hear any improvement in your HD595 out of the Fiio combo? Interesting.post #27 of 607/23/11 at 8:03pmQuote:
Well, if you like the sound of your HD595 as is then an amp is not really necessary in your case.post #28 of 607/23/11 at 8:24pmpost #29 of 607/23/11 at 8:35pmQuote:
The trouble with this scenario is that while you don't necessarily need an amp with the HD595, you absolutely need an amp for the K701. Just something to keep in mind...
- How are the Sennheiser HD 595?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 20 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 47 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › Budget Giant Killing Speakers! 3 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 4 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)