I can't imagine a $40 amplifier helping in any aspect other than more volume. Fiio brand maybe?
Related Forum Threads
- Replacing my HD555's, help appreciated. Last post on 10/1/11 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Audiophile Last post on 5/28/11 at 4:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help deciding for a <90$ Headphone Last post on 5/26/11 at 5:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR80i vs. Sennheiser HD 555 Last post on 5/26/11 at 4:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First good headphones HD595 , Now I want to try somthing different +portable amp. Lookin @... Last post on 4/11/11 at 6:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
How are the Sennheiser HD 595? - Page 2post #16 of 607/20/11 at 1:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 607/20/11 at 3:24pmpost #18 of 607/20/11 at 4:54pmpost #19 of 607/20/11 at 5:01pm
I'm in complete disagreement with that notion. While the HD595 is easy to drive, it most certainly does benefit from quality amplification. Heck, even my HD515 sound better amped.post #20 of 607/22/11 at 7:28pmpost #21 of 607/22/11 at 7:41pmpost #22 of 607/22/11 at 8:56pmpost #23 of 607/23/11 at 8:52am
A good place to start is is Fiio's E7/E9 combo for a desktop setup and or the E11 for a more portable setup. The HD595 is very good headphone that works well with most genres especially acuostic, jazz, classical and rock. It has an upfront, bright(for Sennheiser) sonic character that gives music a nice dynamic presentation. While it is by no means a bass monster, the bass is tight, punchy and accurate though, it does struggle a bit with bass heavy music in terms of giving the listener that real thump.
How do you figure that? The K701/2 boast a much bigger soundstage, better upper and lower frequency extension, better instrument seperation and a sound that is all but free from grain. While one may or may not like the sonic character of the AKG's current flagships, there is no question that they are more technical capable than the HD595.
Edited by Digital-Pride - 7/23/11 at 3:37pmpost #24 of 607/23/11 at 2:08pmpost #25 of 607/23/11 at 6:03pmpost #26 of 607/23/11 at 8:01pmQuote:
Really? You didn't hear any improvement in your HD595 out of the Fiio combo? Interesting.post #27 of 607/23/11 at 8:03pmQuote:
Well, if you like the sound of your HD595 as is then an amp is not really necessary in your case.post #28 of 607/23/11 at 8:24pmpost #29 of 607/23/11 at 8:35pmQuote:
The trouble with this scenario is that while you don't necessarily need an amp with the HD595, you absolutely need an amp for the K701. Just something to keep in mind...
- How are the Sennheiser HD 595?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 seconds ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 11 seconds ago
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 22 seconds ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo / Schiit Yggdrasil. Anyone heard both? 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic MMX 300 Gaming Headset, practically new 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio WA2 and WA22 Comparisons...finally finished...whew. 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Spring 2015 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3