I can't imagine a $40 amplifier helping in any aspect other than more volume. Fiio brand maybe?
Related Forum Threads
- Replacing my HD555's, help appreciated. Last post on 10/1/11 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Audiophile Last post on 5/28/11 at 4:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help deciding for a <90$ Headphone Last post on 5/26/11 at 5:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR80i vs. Sennheiser HD 555 Last post on 5/26/11 at 4:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First good headphones HD595 , Now I want to try somthing different +portable amp. Lookin @... Last post on 4/11/11 at 6:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of VSonic VSD3S in-ear headphones. *** As a Disclaimer I would like to mention the following. Often in my reviews I provide manufacture link if it's available, where...
These are my first ever Grado's and I LOVE them, too bad I have to send them out to the next guy. I was always fascinated by Grado's ever since I saw Auggie's RS2's on Covert Affairs. I just...
The ud110 was recommended in a few different serious threads in the audio community, and I was intrigued to say the least, myself looking for more affordable options with out sacrificing too...
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
How are the Sennheiser HD 595? - Page 2post #16 of 607/20/11 at 1:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 607/20/11 at 3:24pmpost #18 of 607/20/11 at 4:54pmpost #19 of 607/20/11 at 5:01pm
I'm in complete disagreement with that notion. While the HD595 is easy to drive, it most certainly does benefit from quality amplification. Heck, even my HD515 sound better amped.post #20 of 607/22/11 at 7:28pmpost #21 of 607/22/11 at 7:41pmpost #22 of 607/22/11 at 8:56pmpost #23 of 607/23/11 at 8:52am
A good place to start is is Fiio's E7/E9 combo for a desktop setup and or the E11 for a more portable setup. The HD595 is very good headphone that works well with most genres especially acuostic, jazz, classical and rock. It has an upfront, bright(for Sennheiser) sonic character that gives music a nice dynamic presentation. While it is by no means a bass monster, the bass is tight, punchy and accurate though, it does struggle a bit with bass heavy music in terms of giving the listener that real thump.
How do you figure that? The K701/2 boast a much bigger soundstage, better upper and lower frequency extension, better instrument seperation and a sound that is all but free from grain. While one may or may not like the sonic character of the AKG's current flagships, there is no question that they are more technical capable than the HD595.
Edited by Digital-Pride - 7/23/11 at 3:37pmpost #24 of 607/23/11 at 2:08pmpost #25 of 607/23/11 at 6:03pmpost #26 of 607/23/11 at 8:01pmQuote:
Really? You didn't hear any improvement in your HD595 out of the Fiio combo? Interesting.post #27 of 607/23/11 at 8:03pmQuote:
Well, if you like the sound of your HD595 as is then an amp is not really necessary in your case.post #28 of 607/23/11 at 8:24pmpost #29 of 607/23/11 at 8:35pmQuote:
The trouble with this scenario is that while you don't necessarily need an amp with the HD595, you absolutely need an amp for the K701. Just something to keep in mind...
- How are the Sennheiser HD 595?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › IRIVER IHP120 IHP120 & 140 21 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 38 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50 Wallpaper (320x240) Gallery 1 minute ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 1 minute ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › Brief Odac impressions 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! ... 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 3 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by twister6
- › Grado Prestige Series SR60e Headphones by Nada190
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)