I sold my grado SR80s a few months ago and haven't had any cans since then, have been using my turtle beaches lol .. So I have been looking at the HD 595's from amazon.com for $150, how is this deal? I usually listen to prog metal, rock, rap, dubstep D'N'B,, how is the bass on these cans? I need something with good bass, $150 is my limit, need something with good bass, how would prog metal and rock sound on these? Thanks
Related Forum Threads
- Replacing my HD555's, help appreciated. Last post on 10/1/11 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Audiophile Last post on 5/28/11 at 4:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help deciding for a <90$ Headphone Last post on 5/26/11 at 5:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR80i vs. Sennheiser HD 555 Last post on 5/26/11 at 4:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First good headphones HD595 , Now I want to try somthing different +portable amp. Lookin @... Last post on 4/11/11 at 6:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Many thanks to Venture Electronics for the VE Monk review sample! Product website: http://eng.52ve.cn/product.php?cm_id=205 I haven't been using earbud for quite a long time since my...
INTRODUCTION: The Havit H91DJ is a budget over-ear headphone with a warm signature. Sound quality is very impressive considering the low cost. The value of these headphones is quite high,...
Intro: SoundFoundations, is a company which manufactures accessories like racks, stands, and vibration control & custom cables. It is based in India. SoundFoundations is known in India for...
Introduction I would like to start this review off by saying thank you to the folks at Pro-Ject Audio systems for lending me a pair of their brand new Hear-it-One headphones....
Preamble: Before I start with my review, I’d like to thank Vivian from DUNU-Topsound for providing me with a sample of the DN-2000J for my evaluation. My review reflects my actual honest opinion...
How are the Sennheiser HD 595?post #1 of 602/21/11 at 11:01pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 602/21/11 at 11:32pmThread Starterpost #3 of 602/21/11 at 11:39pmpost #4 of 602/21/11 at 11:40pmpost #5 of 602/21/11 at 11:45pmQuote:
Well The SR80is are good for like metal and rock and stuff, but they aren't Bassypost #6 of 602/22/11 at 12:40ampost #7 of 602/22/11 at 2:04pmThread Starterpost #8 of 602/23/11 at 2:03pmThread Starterpost #9 of 602/23/11 at 3:29pmpost #10 of 602/23/11 at 3:55pmQuote:
Your price analysis may not be valid anymore. I bought a pair of HD595's from Amazon on January 30 for $129 (US). The price has gone up to $149.99 since then, but I'd bet it will go down again. Amazon is selling the HD555's for $84.99 at the moment.
post #11 of 602/24/11 at 6:51am
I got HD595s from a friend for a while, I myself have the HD 25-1 II. I am using Asus Essence STX with better op amps.
I can only compare these two. These two cans are so different sounding you have to listen to believe it, cause it's both sennheisers, but are worlds apart, woooorlds apart. The stereo quality overall is much better on HD 25-1 with the sound textures that you can feel and touch rather, than hear and they are so close to you, it's really intimate, all in the head. The highs are better quality on HD25-1, the sound much more alive and bass, well after HD 25-1 the 595 like have no bass almost at all. The mids are great on both, still better on hd 25-1. What I don't like about 595 is the distant and a bit fatiguing on some sounds( for ex flute going up and down, chorus etc, I'm not sure how do you call it, hd 25-1 has no fatigue at all I guess it has a better extension), for me it is like I can't hear it well enough, it is thin as if unamped properly, but maybe it is just a mistake to compare hd 25-1s to hd 595s. The comfort in the 595 is perfect, you put them on the head and feel no discomfort at all, HD 25-1s are perfect as well, but they are pressing on the head and after too long use ears can hurt a tiny bit cause the pads are pressing on them all the time. I would pick HD 25-1s any day, any minute and second, they are just that much better, alive sounding with great punchy bass and phenomenal separation.post #12 of 602/24/11 at 1:58pm
I have t say that HD 595 sounds really sweet after you get used to it, you simply have to adjust to its presentation of sound. It is clear and articulated with nice mids. Bass in my opinion is the weakest point, bass is still good, just not hitting hard. But I would never compare them again to Hd 25-1 II, they are too different. My pick is HD 25-1 II because they make you say WOW this is so real sounding! and because they can make your blood boil. I would call HD 595 classic Hi-Fi headphones, for relaxing and flying into space. There is almost none difference between HD 595 and HD 600 on my memory, they have the same sound overall in my opinion, but I think bass is a bit better on HD 600.post #13 of 607/17/11 at 12:48am
i just bought these and i am kinda new to headphones. i had the i beats and they were ****ty. i like the hd 595 but i feel like they are not enough. should i burn them in longer or get an amp?post #14 of 607/17/11 at 8:35am
What part about them is not enough?
Mine took a slightly different sound character after a while, but nothing too different than what I heard fresh from the box. I enjoy mine. I use them about twice as much as my HD800, simply plugging them into my iMac for music or movies or TV shows and such. I also plug them into my DNA Sonett amplifier, and yes they improve a good bit compared to the iMac. Of course the HD800 is a lot better in pretty much all regards, but the 595 is good.
To me, they are what they are, and in my case, a headphone I got a decent deal on and paid about $135 for. In reference to my HD800s, they have some shortcomings, but for a casual listening headphone, I find them to do okay.post #15 of 607/20/11 at 12:41am
- How are the Sennheiser HD 595?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos,... 21 seconds ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Review and Mods 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 4 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › DUNU DN-2000J by HiFiChris
- › MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation by HiFiChris
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by hakushondaimao
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by BloodyPenguin
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2