I sold my grado SR80s a few months ago and haven't had any cans since then, have been using my turtle beaches lol .. So I have been looking at the HD 595's from amazon.com for $150, how is this deal? I usually listen to prog metal, rock, rap, dubstep D'N'B,, how is the bass on these cans? I need something with good bass, $150 is my limit, need something with good bass, how would prog metal and rock sound on these? Thanks
Related Forum Threads
- Replacing my HD555's, help appreciated. Last post on 10/1/11 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Audiophile Last post on 5/28/11 at 4:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help deciding for a <90$ Headphone Last post on 5/26/11 at 5:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR80i vs. Sennheiser HD 555 Last post on 5/26/11 at 4:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First good headphones HD595 , Now I want to try somthing different +portable amp. Lookin @... Last post on 4/11/11 at 6:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
A big thanks to Drew and every one at Moon Audio, they handled the sale of this new unit to me and...
Brainwavz S0 Full Disclosure: Brainwavz supplied the S0 for this review It seems Brainwavz has been cranking out the new releases in their IEM line up of late. This time they’ve entered the...
TL;DR Review of the AKG Q701’s Accentuated Mids: Enhances most female vocals, also forwards vocals, “livens” synthesizers in electronic music. Can cause vocals to sound uneven due to the 2khz...
How are the Sennheiser HD 595?post #1 of 602/21/11 at 11:01pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 602/21/11 at 11:32pmThread Starterpost #3 of 602/21/11 at 11:39pmpost #4 of 602/21/11 at 11:40pmpost #5 of 602/21/11 at 11:45pmQuote:
Well The SR80is are good for like metal and rock and stuff, but they aren't Bassypost #6 of 602/22/11 at 12:40ampost #7 of 602/22/11 at 2:04pmThread Starterpost #8 of 602/23/11 at 2:03pmThread Starterpost #9 of 602/23/11 at 3:29pmpost #10 of 602/23/11 at 3:55pmQuote:
Your price analysis may not be valid anymore. I bought a pair of HD595's from Amazon on January 30 for $129 (US). The price has gone up to $149.99 since then, but I'd bet it will go down again. Amazon is selling the HD555's for $84.99 at the moment.
post #11 of 602/24/11 at 6:51am
I got HD595s from a friend for a while, I myself have the HD 25-1 II. I am using Asus Essence STX with better op amps.
I can only compare these two. These two cans are so different sounding you have to listen to believe it, cause it's both sennheisers, but are worlds apart, woooorlds apart. The stereo quality overall is much better on HD 25-1 with the sound textures that you can feel and touch rather, than hear and they are so close to you, it's really intimate, all in the head. The highs are better quality on HD25-1, the sound much more alive and bass, well after HD 25-1 the 595 like have no bass almost at all. The mids are great on both, still better on hd 25-1. What I don't like about 595 is the distant and a bit fatiguing on some sounds( for ex flute going up and down, chorus etc, I'm not sure how do you call it, hd 25-1 has no fatigue at all I guess it has a better extension), for me it is like I can't hear it well enough, it is thin as if unamped properly, but maybe it is just a mistake to compare hd 25-1s to hd 595s. The comfort in the 595 is perfect, you put them on the head and feel no discomfort at all, HD 25-1s are perfect as well, but they are pressing on the head and after too long use ears can hurt a tiny bit cause the pads are pressing on them all the time. I would pick HD 25-1s any day, any minute and second, they are just that much better, alive sounding with great punchy bass and phenomenal separation.post #12 of 602/24/11 at 1:58pm
I have t say that HD 595 sounds really sweet after you get used to it, you simply have to adjust to its presentation of sound. It is clear and articulated with nice mids. Bass in my opinion is the weakest point, bass is still good, just not hitting hard. But I would never compare them again to Hd 25-1 II, they are too different. My pick is HD 25-1 II because they make you say WOW this is so real sounding! and because they can make your blood boil. I would call HD 595 classic Hi-Fi headphones, for relaxing and flying into space. There is almost none difference between HD 595 and HD 600 on my memory, they have the same sound overall in my opinion, but I think bass is a bit better on HD 600.post #13 of 607/17/11 at 12:48am
i just bought these and i am kinda new to headphones. i had the i beats and they were ****ty. i like the hd 595 but i feel like they are not enough. should i burn them in longer or get an amp?post #14 of 607/17/11 at 8:35am
What part about them is not enough?
Mine took a slightly different sound character after a while, but nothing too different than what I heard fresh from the box. I enjoy mine. I use them about twice as much as my HD800, simply plugging them into my iMac for music or movies or TV shows and such. I also plug them into my DNA Sonett amplifier, and yes they improve a good bit compared to the iMac. Of course the HD800 is a lot better in pretty much all regards, but the 595 is good.
To me, they are what they are, and in my case, a headphone I got a decent deal on and paid about $135 for. In reference to my HD800s, they have some shortcomings, but for a casual listening headphone, I find them to do okay.post #15 of 607/20/11 at 12:41am
- How are the Sennheiser HD 595?
- Headphone Impedance
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Best earphone/ inear headphone around 150$ recommendation 48 seconds ago
- › Brand new sealed - Audeo Phonak PFE filters (grey) + Comply T-130... 1 minute ago
- › Hey Hi everyone would like to ask for recommendation for pop songs 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones recommendation for $220 or less 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Returned Shure se215, NEED HELP FINDING IEM! 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › San Jose, CA - Super Mini Meet? 9 minutes ago
- › Is there any neutral closed cans with good punchy bass? 10 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)