I have a pair of UE18 and they dont fit in my ear good enough, i would like to sell them (when i get enough posts, etc on head-fi) and how do them compare to a pair of SE535 which i plan to buy?
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/22/11
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 2/22/11
- productUE 18 Protagged by System, 2/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Make Any HeadRoom Purchase until Dec.20, Get Entered for FREE Shure SE535!! Last post on 12/5/12 at 2:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 8/28/14 at 8:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help choosing an IEM Last post on 10/29/12 at 5:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Journey to find the BEST UNIVERSAL IEM Last post on 10/15/12 at 4:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Couldn't find much on the internet about these, so I took the plunge. Pros: Nice aesthetics Solid build quality Cheaper than Bose equivalent, looks and feels nicer,...
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Brainwavz M1 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation back in the day for the sample. Full length old review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/499583/brainwavz-m1-review Brief: Old but...
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
UE18 vs Shure SE535
Gear mentioned in this thread:
....you'll lose at least 50% of the price you payed when you sell them used. contact UE asking for a refit, because 1: a custom will sound better than a universal (at least from most accounts of custom users) 2; losing 50% of what you payed is a real waste of money IMO 3)a custom will be more comfortable than a universal if it is properly fitted. 4) from the sound of it, you haven't gotten a good fit so your not getting the sound you should be getting
Well what do they go for around here(used)? I have a Vienna cable (which i havent seen any on here for sale), i didnt have them remolded because the audiologist said that my ears are still growing so instead on them just sitting around my house i might as well just sell them.
from most accounts, a remold is needed once a year if you are still growing, my audiologist told me babies/little tikes who need hearing aides have a remold about eery six months, slowing down around nine years old. and a teen should be fine because though the person may be still growing in height and such, the growth of the ear canals has already slowed down considerably. (ear canals grow for life, but slows down) and most customs makers state that a remold for a child/teen is needed once every year or two. should you ever need a refit, just go to the audiologist and pay for $30 for another impression and send the phones off for a refit. (shouldn't be more than $50, kozeesoundsolutions is willing to do it for $20)
you don't need a complete remold, a refit should be all that is ever needed (according to jh audio) and I'm not sure how much UE charges, but kozeesoundsolutions offered to do it for $20
My audiologist said about every 8 months. When i was a lot younger i would put those crappy white ear buds in my ears and they fell out. So than i bought these, and than recently i put those crappy white ear buds back in my ear, and they stayed in! So i decided im just doing to sell these for a pair of universals (SE535) that fix in your ear like customs.
if you can stand crapple earbuds, then I'm positive you did not get a good fit with the UE18. why not make give it one more go and make another trip to the audiologist, send them back for a refit and then see if you want to sell them, almost every user of a custom has noted that they are an improvement over universal IEM's. also, you might end up spending $80 every year alone just for foam tips for the universals if the silicone tips don't fit
that sounds like a reasonable trade, but I would look at past sales as well
- UE18 vs Shure SE535
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 2 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 27 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Best Headphone for classical and jazz music, budget of $800. 4 minutes ago
- › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › MediaMoney can't recognize the song name from CD 8 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 9 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread 9 minutes ago
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)