I have a pair of UE18 and they dont fit in my ear good enough, i would like to sell them (when i get enough posts, etc on head-fi) and how do them compare to a pair of SE535 which i plan to buy?
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/22/11
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 2/22/11
- productUE 18 Protagged by System, 2/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Make Any HeadRoom Purchase until Dec.20, Get Entered for FREE Shure SE535!! Last post on 12/5/12 at 2:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 11/22/13 at 3:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help choosing an IEM Last post on 10/29/12 at 5:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Journey to find the BEST UNIVERSAL IEM Last post on 10/15/12 at 4:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I bought these headphones a little over a week ago, and thought I should post my impressions. I work in a small office, and sit close to my boss, who is constantly on the phone, so I wanted a...
Sources used: Macbook Pro, iphone 4s, Fiio e10, Schiit Magni, This is a personal Unit: Bought at LMUE for 38USD during pre-sale Burn-in time: I don’t believe in huge differences, but in order...
Note to the Reader This was a demo unit, part of a program organized by Todd the Vinyl Junkie. A big thanks to Todd for his generosity and allowing me a week to fool around with these little...
This is a review and comparison of Ostry KC06 and KC06A in-ear headphones. http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=28 and http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=29 I get a...
I have the 600 Ohm version of these, so other impedance models will probably vary in sound. This said, I find this to be a wonderfully balanced set. They exhibit no harshness to my ears across...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
UE18 vs Shure SE535
Gear mentioned in this thread:
....you'll lose at least 50% of the price you payed when you sell them used. contact UE asking for a refit, because 1: a custom will sound better than a universal (at least from most accounts of custom users) 2; losing 50% of what you payed is a real waste of money IMO 3)a custom will be more comfortable than a universal if it is properly fitted. 4) from the sound of it, you haven't gotten a good fit so your not getting the sound you should be getting
Well what do they go for around here(used)? I have a Vienna cable (which i havent seen any on here for sale), i didnt have them remolded because the audiologist said that my ears are still growing so instead on them just sitting around my house i might as well just sell them.
from most accounts, a remold is needed once a year if you are still growing, my audiologist told me babies/little tikes who need hearing aides have a remold about eery six months, slowing down around nine years old. and a teen should be fine because though the person may be still growing in height and such, the growth of the ear canals has already slowed down considerably. (ear canals grow for life, but slows down) and most customs makers state that a remold for a child/teen is needed once every year or two. should you ever need a refit, just go to the audiologist and pay for $30 for another impression and send the phones off for a refit. (shouldn't be more than $50, kozeesoundsolutions is willing to do it for $20)
you don't need a complete remold, a refit should be all that is ever needed (according to jh audio) and I'm not sure how much UE charges, but kozeesoundsolutions offered to do it for $20
My audiologist said about every 8 months. When i was a lot younger i would put those crappy white ear buds in my ears and they fell out. So than i bought these, and than recently i put those crappy white ear buds back in my ear, and they stayed in! So i decided im just doing to sell these for a pair of universals (SE535) that fix in your ear like customs.
if you can stand crapple earbuds, then I'm positive you did not get a good fit with the UE18. why not make give it one more go and make another trip to the audiologist, send them back for a refit and then see if you want to sell them, almost every user of a custom has noted that they are an improvement over universal IEM's. also, you might end up spending $80 every year alone just for foam tips for the universals if the silicone tips don't fit
that sounds like a reasonable trade, but I would look at past sales as well
- UE18 vs Shure SE535
- › How to remove tabs from sennheiser hd650's 40 seconds ago
- › WTB: Beyerdynamic T90 1 minute ago
- › Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 5 minutes ago
- › The BEST-LOOKING Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 5 minutes ago
- › DAC help. 6 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)