I have a pair of UE18 and they dont fit in my ear good enough, i would like to sell them (when i get enough posts, etc on head-fi) and how do them compare to a pair of SE535 which i plan to buy?
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/22/11
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 2/22/11
- productUE 18 Protagged by System, 2/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Make Any HeadRoom Purchase until Dec.20, Get Entered for FREE Shure SE535!! Last post on 12/5/12 at 2:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 7/6/15 at 2:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help choosing an IEM Last post on 10/29/12 at 5:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Journey to find the BEST UNIVERSAL IEM Last post on 10/15/12 at 4:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction I have owned these headphones for four years now. These were my first decent pair that I researched before buying. Before this I had just bought inexpensive headphones that happened...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we're going to be checking out a wireless Bluetooth speaker from Archeer, the A320. Archeer sells a pretty wide variety of products like cellphone cases, headphones,...
Introduction – Everyone knows earbuds, those cheap, tinny sounding throwaways included with almost every mp3 player. So then, it may come as a surprise that earbuds are making a comeback and not...
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
UE18 vs Shure SE535post #1 of 142/21/11 at 10:07amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 142/21/11 at 10:49ampost #3 of 142/21/11 at 11:09amThread Starterpost #4 of 142/21/11 at 11:19amQuote:
....you'll lose at least 50% of the price you payed when you sell them used. contact UE asking for a refit, because 1: a custom will sound better than a universal (at least from most accounts of custom users) 2; losing 50% of what you payed is a real waste of money IMO 3)a custom will be more comfortable than a universal if it is properly fitted. 4) from the sound of it, you haven't gotten a good fit so your not getting the sound you should be gettingpost #5 of 142/21/11 at 11:27amThread Starter
Well what do they go for around here(used)? I have a Vienna cable (which i havent seen any on here for sale), i didnt have them remolded because the audiologist said that my ears are still growing so instead on them just sitting around my house i might as well just sell them.post #6 of 142/21/11 at 11:35am
from most accounts, a remold is needed once a year if you are still growing, my audiologist told me babies/little tikes who need hearing aides have a remold about eery six months, slowing down around nine years old. and a teen should be fine because though the person may be still growing in height and such, the growth of the ear canals has already slowed down considerably. (ear canals grow for life, but slows down) and most customs makers state that a remold for a child/teen is needed once every year or two. should you ever need a refit, just go to the audiologist and pay for $30 for another impression and send the phones off for a refit. (shouldn't be more than $50, kozeesoundsolutions is willing to do it for $20)post #7 of 142/21/11 at 11:41amThread Starterpost #8 of 142/21/11 at 11:43amQuote:
you don't need a complete remold, a refit should be all that is ever needed (according to jh audio) and I'm not sure how much UE charges, but kozeesoundsolutions offered to do it for $20post #9 of 142/21/11 at 11:48ampost #10 of 142/21/11 at 11:55amThread Starter
My audiologist said about every 8 months. When i was a lot younger i would put those crappy white ear buds in my ears and they fell out. So than i bought these, and than recently i put those crappy white ear buds back in my ear, and they stayed in! So i decided im just doing to sell these for a pair of universals (SE535) that fix in your ear like customs.post #11 of 142/21/11 at 12:01pm
if you can stand crapple earbuds, then I'm positive you did not get a good fit with the UE18. why not make give it one more go and make another trip to the audiologist, send them back for a refit and then see if you want to sell them, almost every user of a custom has noted that they are an improvement over universal IEM's. also, you might end up spending $80 every year alone just for foam tips for the universals if the silicone tips don't fitpost #12 of 142/21/11 at 12:07pmThread Starterpost #13 of 142/21/11 at 12:12pmQuote:
that sounds like a reasonable trade, but I would look at past sales as wellReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE18 vs Shure SE535
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 7 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 CS Closed Back 8 seconds ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 18 seconds ago
- › Sonore microRendu Music Streamer impressions 35 seconds ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Albuquerque, NM meet: April 29, 2017! 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Prog rock 3 minutes ago
- › MEMT X5 In Ear Earphone by B9Scrambler
- › AKG K240 MKII Headphones by Napalmhardcore
- › ARCHEER 25W Bluetooth Home Speakers with Huge Bass and Superior... by B9Scrambler
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by ryanjsoo
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear