I have a pair of UE18 and they dont fit in my ear good enough, i would like to sell them (when i get enough posts, etc on head-fi) and how do them compare to a pair of SE535 which i plan to buy?
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/22/11
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 2/22/11
- productUE 18 Protagged by System, 2/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Make Any HeadRoom Purchase until Dec.20, Get Entered for FREE Shure SE535!! Last post on 12/5/12 at 2:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 8/28/14 at 8:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help choosing an IEM Last post on 10/29/12 at 5:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Journey to find the BEST UNIVERSAL IEM Last post on 10/15/12 at 4:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
UE18 vs Shure SE535
Gear mentioned in this thread:
....you'll lose at least 50% of the price you payed when you sell them used. contact UE asking for a refit, because 1: a custom will sound better than a universal (at least from most accounts of custom users) 2; losing 50% of what you payed is a real waste of money IMO 3)a custom will be more comfortable than a universal if it is properly fitted. 4) from the sound of it, you haven't gotten a good fit so your not getting the sound you should be getting
Well what do they go for around here(used)? I have a Vienna cable (which i havent seen any on here for sale), i didnt have them remolded because the audiologist said that my ears are still growing so instead on them just sitting around my house i might as well just sell them.
from most accounts, a remold is needed once a year if you are still growing, my audiologist told me babies/little tikes who need hearing aides have a remold about eery six months, slowing down around nine years old. and a teen should be fine because though the person may be still growing in height and such, the growth of the ear canals has already slowed down considerably. (ear canals grow for life, but slows down) and most customs makers state that a remold for a child/teen is needed once every year or two. should you ever need a refit, just go to the audiologist and pay for $30 for another impression and send the phones off for a refit. (shouldn't be more than $50, kozeesoundsolutions is willing to do it for $20)
you don't need a complete remold, a refit should be all that is ever needed (according to jh audio) and I'm not sure how much UE charges, but kozeesoundsolutions offered to do it for $20
My audiologist said about every 8 months. When i was a lot younger i would put those crappy white ear buds in my ears and they fell out. So than i bought these, and than recently i put those crappy white ear buds back in my ear, and they stayed in! So i decided im just doing to sell these for a pair of universals (SE535) that fix in your ear like customs.
if you can stand crapple earbuds, then I'm positive you did not get a good fit with the UE18. why not make give it one more go and make another trip to the audiologist, send them back for a refit and then see if you want to sell them, almost every user of a custom has noted that they are an improvement over universal IEM's. also, you might end up spending $80 every year alone just for foam tips for the universals if the silicone tips don't fit
that sounds like a reasonable trade, but I would look at past sales as well
- UE18 vs Shure SE535
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Destiny 55 seconds ago
- › AMB Mini3, HotAudio USB x2, MisterX XP Desktop amp, Koss KSC35s 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread 1 minute ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Awesome or Gimmick ? Sonys MDR-1ADAC 2 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks - The Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 5 minutes ago
- › The Nickerfied Fostex T50RP...................... Impressions/... 5 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › beyerdynamic DTX 350 p Portable Headphones by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)