I took a stab he found them on amazon, they are often on sale for around $20.
Related Forum Threads
- Best choice? (Brainwavz ProAlpha / Brainwavz M1 / Brainwavz M2 + Fiio E5) Last post on 2/7/11 at 7:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggest me a IEM for fuse+ upto $100 only for Rock/Metal genre Last post on 9/8/11 at 8:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread Last post on 4/29/14 at 6:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM's for trance- sub $50 Last post on 10/16/11 at 11:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which one is the best in Brainwavz ? Last post on 12/23/13 at 8:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Brainwavz pro alpha VS Brainwavz M1,,,,,which one is better? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Valentine's day edition is 25$ + free shipping on newegg.com. You get two for the price, but one is pink, which may be a plus or a minus depending who you want to give it to
I don't think you'll be disappointed with the ProAlpha.
BTW, are you in the US? Looks like the M1 is 30$ there right now... And the ProAlpha comes with a free Fiio E5... Which is weird, because I'd expect the M1 to benefit a bit more from it, but whatever
Hmm, then you'll have to wait for a sale on meelec.com for the M6, because none of the other sales ship outside the USA.
As a non-USian, I feel your pain
Never heard the ProAlphas so I can't comment, but amongst the M1 and M6, I found the M1 to be the technically superior earphone, but still have both earphones around if I'm in a mood for a different sound sig =)
You can't go wrong with the M6 for $20, its a steal, and I paid $31 for my M1, no regrets there either.
Ultimately, it depends if you want a more balanced sounding earphone or a very capable fun earphone =)
I realized after posting that I should just stick with the M6. I already have it and the M1 or Pro Alpha are around the same price with around the performance. It's not like I'm moving up a tier in sound quality. I'll save my money for a full size headphone. I really want some for home theater and gaming with my PS3.
Really, I'm not sure. RE2s are supposed to be great for balanced, and not very bassy listening. I have a pair coming in tomorrow :P
Supposed sound sig:
Balanced, bass shy
My mom has a pair of M6's coming in tomorrow, too. They're supposed to be a great deal at the $20 you can get them for, and in my opinion are the best looking out of all three. (The clears o.O)
Remember they have to be worn over ear.
Supposed sound sig:
V shaped, heavy bass. Very fun sounding.
And then the Pro Alphas. I won't get to try these until a sale comes up. :P But they're supposed to be an amazing deal even at full price.
Fun sounding, heavier bass than M1's.
The Pro Alphas are on sale @ MP4 Nation right now for US$22.50 if you're still interested in buying them.. You can get another 5% off during checkout with coupon code: fa14a8b257
I've tried both and personally preferred the ProAlpha. Yeah I guess you can make a stretch and say that the M1 is a little more "analytical", but I'm not sure if that's more because of "technical superiority" or because of its lack of liveliness. I found it a bit too laid back for me and the mids and treble were a bit too recessed for my liking. In a budget IEM, I tend to look for a more engaging and "fun" signature because there's no way you can expect to do any real analytical listening with a $20 IEM. I felt the ProAlpha was more fun and engaging, and didn't sacrifice much in terms of detail retrieval. It's also easier to drive than the M1.
The M2 is a great IEM which is a large step up from the two. The strain relief is a bit too long, and I recommend cutting it like rawrster did to make over-the-ear wearing much more manageable. I thought about doing that, but wasn't sure how feasible it was; if I had known that rawrster did the same with good results, I probably would still have the the M2 in my possession.
- Brainwavz pro alpha VS Brainwavz M1,,,,,which one is better?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Replacement cable for V-MODA M100 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 3 minutes ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X1 impressions 8 minutes ago
- › Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs) 9 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 9 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)