I took a stab he found them on amazon, they are often on sale for around $20.
Related Forum Threads
- Best choice? (Brainwavz ProAlpha / Brainwavz M1 / Brainwavz M2 + Fiio E5) Last post on 2/7/11 at 7:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggest me a IEM for fuse+ upto $100 only for Rock/Metal genre Last post on 9/8/11 at 8:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 12:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM's for trance- sub $50 Last post on 10/16/11 at 11:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which one is the best in Brainwavz ? Last post on 12/23/13 at 8:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an...
Lately, it seems that I’ve found myself more and more frequently using high power requirement cans on the go. The downside with that is that my phone & likely not even my DAP has enough juice...
My preferred sound signature: A bit bass heavy, forward mids, and neutral treble. Love high detailed and clear sound. *All critical listening is done using a Chord Mojo* In almost every...
Brainwavz pro alpha VS Brainwavz M1,,,,,which one is better? - Page 2post #16 of 332/22/11 at 6:08am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 332/22/11 at 6:50amQuote:
The Valentine's day edition is 25$ + free shipping on newegg.com. You get two for the price, but one is pink, which may be a plus or a minus depending who you want to give it to
I don't think you'll be disappointed with the ProAlpha.
BTW, are you in the US? Looks like the M1 is 30$ there right now... And the ProAlpha comes with a free Fiio E5... Which is weird, because I'd expect the M1 to benefit a bit more from it, but whateverpost #18 of 332/22/11 at 7:03amThread Starterpost #19 of 332/22/11 at 8:01am
Hmm, then you'll have to wait for a sale on meelec.com for the M6, because none of the other sales ship outside the USA.
As a non-USian, I feel your painpost #20 of 332/22/11 at 9:25ampost #21 of 332/22/11 at 3:15pmpost #22 of 332/22/11 at 3:25pmThread Starterpost #23 of 332/24/11 at 9:13ampost #24 of 332/24/11 at 10:57am
Never heard the ProAlphas so I can't comment, but amongst the M1 and M6, I found the M1 to be the technically superior earphone, but still have both earphones around if I'm in a mood for a different sound sig =)
You can't go wrong with the M6 for $20, its a steal, and I paid $31 for my M1, no regrets there either.
Ultimately, it depends if you want a more balanced sounding earphone or a very capable fun earphone =)post #25 of 332/24/11 at 11:17am
I realized after posting that I should just stick with the M6. I already have it and the M1 or Pro Alpha are around the same price with around the performance. It's not like I'm moving up a tier in sound quality. I'll save my money for a full size headphone. I really want some for home theater and gaming with my PS3.post #26 of 332/24/11 at 2:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by hojomojo96
Really, I'm not sure. RE2s are supposed to be great for balanced, and not very bassy listening. I have a pair coming in tomorrow :P
Supposed sound sig:
Balanced, bass shy
My mom has a pair of M6's coming in tomorrow, too. They're supposed to be a great deal at the $20 you can get them for, and in my opinion are the best looking out of all three. (The clears o.O)
Remember they have to be worn over ear.
Supposed sound sig:
V shaped, heavy bass. Very fun sounding.
And then the Pro Alphas. I won't get to try these until a sale comes up. :P But they're supposed to be an amazing deal even at full price.
Fun sounding, heavier bass than M1's.
The Pro Alphas are on sale @ MP4 Nation right now for US$22.50 if you're still interested in buying them.. You can get another 5% off during checkout with coupon code: fa14a8b257post #27 of 332/24/11 at 3:01pmpost #28 of 332/24/11 at 3:08pmpost #29 of 332/24/11 at 3:15pmpost #30 of 332/24/11 at 4:31pm
I've tried both and personally preferred the ProAlpha. Yeah I guess you can make a stretch and say that the M1 is a little more "analytical", but I'm not sure if that's more because of "technical superiority" or because of its lack of liveliness. I found it a bit too laid back for me and the mids and treble were a bit too recessed for my liking. In a budget IEM, I tend to look for a more engaging and "fun" signature because there's no way you can expect to do any real analytical listening with a $20 IEM. I felt the ProAlpha was more fun and engaging, and didn't sacrifice much in terms of detail retrieval. It's also easier to drive than the M1.
The M2 is a great IEM which is a large step up from the two. The strain relief is a bit too long, and I recommend cutting it like rawrster did to make over-the-ear wearing much more manageable. I thought about doing that, but wasn't sure how feasible it was; if I had known that rawrster did the same with good results, I probably would still have the the M2 in my possession.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz pro alpha VS Brainwavz M1,,,,,which one is better?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 4 seconds ago
- › Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line,... 16 seconds ago
- › Mytek Brooklyn Thread 38 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › 64 Audio | apex | tia 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio - PHANTOM AIR - The worlds FIRST tuneable truly... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear