I took a stab he found them on amazon, they are often on sale for around $20.
Related Forum Threads
- Best choice? (Brainwavz ProAlpha / Brainwavz M1 / Brainwavz M2 + Fiio E5) Last post on 2/7/11 at 7:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggest me a IEM for fuse+ upto $100 only for Rock/Metal genre Last post on 9/8/11 at 8:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread Last post on 5/8/16 at 10:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM's for trance- sub $50 Last post on 10/16/11 at 11:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which one is the best in Brainwavz ? Last post on 12/23/13 at 8:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Keep in mind I don't factor the price into my ratings for sound, design, and comfort. I'd like to say early on that I don't pay much attention to the frequency response. I tend to prefer flat...
So, this is my firest review on Head-Fi. My name is Jonny, I'm 23. Masters student studying Future Design, I work part time in my local phone store and I've been in love with audio since I was...
I would like to thank Christian from plusSound for providing the X8 GPC in return for my honest opinion. Introduction PlusSound started making cables around 2012, and has consistently been...
I've recentlty bougth them for office. All i wanted was a pair of fairly decent cans within the budget ive prepaired for this occasion. Unboxing was a surprise, in the package we get a nice pair...
If you are a bass head and like still like to hear to rest of the music, then this Burson V4 could be for you. Charles at Burson had offered the V5 in exchange for a honest evaluation. I did...
Brainwavz pro alpha VS Brainwavz M1,,,,,which one is better? - Page 2post #16 of 332/22/11 at 6:08am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 332/22/11 at 6:50amQuote:
The Valentine's day edition is 25$ + free shipping on newegg.com. You get two for the price, but one is pink, which may be a plus or a minus depending who you want to give it to
I don't think you'll be disappointed with the ProAlpha.
BTW, are you in the US? Looks like the M1 is 30$ there right now... And the ProAlpha comes with a free Fiio E5... Which is weird, because I'd expect the M1 to benefit a bit more from it, but whateverpost #18 of 332/22/11 at 7:03amThread Starterpost #19 of 332/22/11 at 8:01am
Hmm, then you'll have to wait for a sale on meelec.com for the M6, because none of the other sales ship outside the USA.
As a non-USian, I feel your painpost #20 of 332/22/11 at 9:25ampost #21 of 332/22/11 at 3:15pmpost #22 of 332/22/11 at 3:25pmThread Starterpost #23 of 332/24/11 at 9:13ampost #24 of 332/24/11 at 10:57am
Never heard the ProAlphas so I can't comment, but amongst the M1 and M6, I found the M1 to be the technically superior earphone, but still have both earphones around if I'm in a mood for a different sound sig =)
You can't go wrong with the M6 for $20, its a steal, and I paid $31 for my M1, no regrets there either.
Ultimately, it depends if you want a more balanced sounding earphone or a very capable fun earphone =)post #25 of 332/24/11 at 11:17am
I realized after posting that I should just stick with the M6. I already have it and the M1 or Pro Alpha are around the same price with around the performance. It's not like I'm moving up a tier in sound quality. I'll save my money for a full size headphone. I really want some for home theater and gaming with my PS3.post #26 of 332/24/11 at 2:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by hojomojo96
Really, I'm not sure. RE2s are supposed to be great for balanced, and not very bassy listening. I have a pair coming in tomorrow :P
Supposed sound sig:
Balanced, bass shy
My mom has a pair of M6's coming in tomorrow, too. They're supposed to be a great deal at the $20 you can get them for, and in my opinion are the best looking out of all three. (The clears o.O)
Remember they have to be worn over ear.
Supposed sound sig:
V shaped, heavy bass. Very fun sounding.
And then the Pro Alphas. I won't get to try these until a sale comes up. :P But they're supposed to be an amazing deal even at full price.
Fun sounding, heavier bass than M1's.
The Pro Alphas are on sale @ MP4 Nation right now for US$22.50 if you're still interested in buying them.. You can get another 5% off during checkout with coupon code: fa14a8b257post #27 of 332/24/11 at 3:01pmpost #28 of 332/24/11 at 3:08pmpost #29 of 332/24/11 at 3:15pmpost #30 of 332/24/11 at 4:31pm
I've tried both and personally preferred the ProAlpha. Yeah I guess you can make a stretch and say that the M1 is a little more "analytical", but I'm not sure if that's more because of "technical superiority" or because of its lack of liveliness. I found it a bit too laid back for me and the mids and treble were a bit too recessed for my liking. In a budget IEM, I tend to look for a more engaging and "fun" signature because there's no way you can expect to do any real analytical listening with a $20 IEM. I felt the ProAlpha was more fun and engaging, and didn't sacrifice much in terms of detail retrieval. It's also easier to drive than the M1.
The M2 is a great IEM which is a large step up from the two. The strain relief is a bit too long, and I recommend cutting it like rawrster did to make over-the-ear wearing much more manageable. I thought about doing that, but wasn't sure how feasible it was; if I had known that rawrster did the same with good results, I probably would still have the the M2 in my possession.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz pro alpha VS Brainwavz M1,,,,,which one is better?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › 6922 Tube Review - 17 Top 6922 6N23P E88CC CCa 7308 E188CC tubes 38 seconds ago
- › DLeeWebb breaks 55,000 posts - Daylight Second 58 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Zenith PMx2 Impressions page 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017) 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 2 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 by aptr91
- › Audeze iSine 20 by AudioJunki3
- › PlusSound X8 IEM Cable by flinkenick
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by d1554573r
- › Supreme Sound Opamp V4 by snellemin
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by HiFiChris
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by cleg
- › Meze 11 Neo by mgunin
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear