I'm fairly new to this scene and would love to get some advice on headphone options. I'm looking for good all around sound with decent bass. I primarily listen to electronic, house, and dubstep. Forgive me if this has been discussed already! Thanks in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- Denon DN-HP700 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50 vs Ultrasone HFI-580 Last post on 7/5/13 at 4:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Comfortable headphones with good bass under $150 Last post on 1/9/12 at 2:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Buying new headphones Last post on 1/11/12 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH M50 - Disappointed. PLEASE Help? Last post on 5/9/12 at 7:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone 580 vs Denon 1100 vs Ath M50 vs Ath Pro 700 MK2 Last post on 5/15/12 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Reccomendations: Electronic, House, Dubstep ($100-$150)post #1 of 112/19/11 at 10:39pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 112/19/11 at 11:11pmpost #3 of 112/20/11 at 12:14ampost #4 of 112/20/11 at 9:42amThread Starter
I know there is a lot of people on these forums who love the m50. What are the major differences between that and the ultrasones? And thanks for the help, never knew finding a nice set of headphones could be so mind boggling!post #5 of 112/20/11 at 10:06ampost #6 of 112/20/11 at 10:25ampost #7 of 112/27/11 at 7:57pmThread Starterpost #8 of 112/27/11 at 8:01pmpost #9 of 112/28/11 at 6:44amThread Starterpost #10 of 112/28/11 at 9:43amQuote:
You can't go wrong with the M50's! the guys made a nice suggestion, you'll love em.
- Reccomendations: Electronic, House, Dubstep ($100-$150)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 6 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 14 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 51 seconds ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 2 minutes ago
- › moving from razer head set to a900x; volume control question 5 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 8 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 9 minutes ago
- › SF Bay Area little big MEET (it's happening!) 10 minutes ago
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)