I'm fairly new to this scene and would love to get some advice on headphone options. I'm looking for good all around sound with decent bass. I primarily listen to electronic, house, and dubstep. Forgive me if this has been discussed already! Thanks in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- Denon DN-HP700 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50 vs Ultrasone HFI-580 Last post on 7/5/13 at 4:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Comfortable headphones with good bass under $150 Last post on 1/9/12 at 2:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Buying new headphones Last post on 1/11/12 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH M50 - Disappointed. PLEASE Help? Last post on 5/9/12 at 7:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone 580 vs Denon 1100 vs Ath M50 vs Ath Pro 700 MK2 Last post on 5/15/12 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
Reccomendations: Electronic, House, Dubstep ($100-$150)post #1 of 112/19/11 at 10:39pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 112/19/11 at 11:11pmpost #3 of 112/20/11 at 12:14ampost #4 of 112/20/11 at 9:42amThread Starter
I know there is a lot of people on these forums who love the m50. What are the major differences between that and the ultrasones? And thanks for the help, never knew finding a nice set of headphones could be so mind boggling!post #5 of 112/20/11 at 10:06ampost #6 of 112/20/11 at 10:25ampost #7 of 112/27/11 at 7:57pmThread Starterpost #8 of 112/27/11 at 8:01pmpost #9 of 112/28/11 at 6:44amThread Starterpost #10 of 112/28/11 at 9:43amQuote:
You can't go wrong with the M50's! the guys made a nice suggestion, you'll love em.
- Reccomendations: Electronic, House, Dubstep ($100-$150)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sennheiser HD600 or AKG K712 Pro 10 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 25 seconds ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 1 minute ago
- › Amp recommendations for Fostex TH900? 1 minute ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 1 minute ago
- › LFF's Enigma (new from the maker of the Paradox) 1 minute ago
- › The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here! 2 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)