- 1,594 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: City by the bay
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/22/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/22/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 2/22/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 2/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Need help finding over ear headphones please! Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Good over ear headphones for under $200. What's the best? Last post on 1/27/13 at 9:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass Headphones Help! (About $150 budget) Last post on 6/1/14 at 9:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed-back full-sized over ear headphones, ideal for listening to reggae and accoustic Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap Bass-Heavy, Comfortable Headphones Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Build and Usage: Good looking, very nice feeling player, it looks like a really sold build and it's all metal construction. Not much to say about it, you can check pictures. I wasn't satisfied...
Let me preface this review by explaining the issue I was dealing with. I have always experienced digital noise from, I'm assuming, my poorly grounded laptop. It didn't matter if I used the...
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
Picture request. Sony MDR-XB500 & MDR-XB700 ear pads onlypost #1 of 112/19/11 at 4:25pmThread StarterCan someone please post a few pictures of the XB500 & XB700 ear pads, front, side and back? I want to see if I can use those pads with other headphones. Thank you!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 112/20/11 at 8:50amThread Starterpost #3 of 112/20/11 at 9:30ampost #4 of 112/25/11 at 8:48pm
I don't think you can use them with other headphones. the xb700 come attached to a type of ring that holds the pleather together around the soft (foam?) material. they probably are the same in the xb500 and the new xb1000.post #5 of 112/25/11 at 9:05pmThread Starterpost #6 of 112/25/11 at 11:18pm
You can still use the pads if you do something like rubber cement, and the cup housing of the target headphone is accepting (i.e. a flat surface). They work pretty well on my Darthpants (Thunderpants-alike) when you glue on the pads.post #7 of 112/27/11 at 2:19pmpost #8 of 112/27/11 at 3:33pmThread Starterpost #9 of 112/27/11 at 3:43pmpost #10 of 112/25/12 at 5:19am
I know this is sort of a thread recussitation, however, I had the XB500 & XB700, and disassembled the pads on the 500/removed the ring... the whole urethane foam cover and memory foam interior foam circle falls apart. I wouldn't reccomend removing the plastic mount ring, as it keeps the urethane foam cover pinched into its pillowey configuration over the foam. There's really no good way to reassemble it (and I have doubts it would ever look factory fresh again afterwards), from my experiences with it.
- Picture request. Sony MDR-XB500 & MDR-XB700 ear pads only
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 26 seconds ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 2 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › CLAS dB Duet Stack with case and balanced interconnect 3 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Best DIY Desktop DAC 5 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable... by Tail
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2