- 1,594 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: City by the bay
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/22/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/22/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 2/22/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 2/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Need help finding over ear headphones please! Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Good over ear headphones for under $200. What's the best? Last post on 1/27/13 at 9:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass Headphones Help! (About $150 budget) Last post on 6/1/14 at 9:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed-back full-sized over ear headphones, ideal for listening to reggae and accoustic Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap Bass-Heavy, Comfortable Headphones Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
Picture request. Sony MDR-XB500 & MDR-XB700 ear pads onlypost #1 of 112/19/11 at 4:25pmThread StarterCan someone please post a few pictures of the XB500 & XB700 ear pads, front, side and back? I want to see if I can use those pads with other headphones. Thank you!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 112/20/11 at 8:50amThread Starterpost #3 of 112/20/11 at 9:30ampost #4 of 112/25/11 at 8:48pm
I don't think you can use them with other headphones. the xb700 come attached to a type of ring that holds the pleather together around the soft (foam?) material. they probably are the same in the xb500 and the new xb1000.post #5 of 112/25/11 at 9:05pmThread Starterpost #6 of 112/25/11 at 11:18pm
You can still use the pads if you do something like rubber cement, and the cup housing of the target headphone is accepting (i.e. a flat surface). They work pretty well on my Darthpants (Thunderpants-alike) when you glue on the pads.post #7 of 112/27/11 at 2:19pmpost #8 of 112/27/11 at 3:33pmThread Starterpost #9 of 112/27/11 at 3:43pmpost #10 of 112/25/12 at 5:19am
I know this is sort of a thread recussitation, however, I had the XB500 & XB700, and disassembled the pads on the 500/removed the ring... the whole urethane foam cover and memory foam interior foam circle falls apart. I wouldn't reccomend removing the plastic mount ring, as it keeps the urethane foam cover pinched into its pillowey configuration over the foam. There's really no good way to reassemble it (and I have doubts it would ever look factory fresh again afterwards), from my experiences with it.
- Picture request. Sony MDR-XB500 & MDR-XB700 ear pads only
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Hearing high pitch noise/bleep when moving mouse. Newly bought mini... 2 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › *NEW* B.M.C. PureDAC - Digital to Analog Converter, Balanced... 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Construction expenses falls 0.8% in August...
- › Facebook, Ericsson & XL Indonesia Create...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2