- 1,594 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: City by the bay
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/22/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/22/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 2/22/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 2/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Need help finding over ear headphones please! Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Good over ear headphones for under $200. What's the best? Last post on 1/27/13 at 9:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass Headphones Help! (About $150 budget) Last post on 6/1/14 at 9:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed-back full-sized over ear headphones, ideal for listening to reggae and accoustic Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap Bass-Heavy, Comfortable Headphones Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
Picture request. Sony MDR-XB500 & MDR-XB700 ear pads onlypost #1 of 112/19/11 at 4:25pmThread StarterCan someone please post a few pictures of the XB500 & XB700 ear pads, front, side and back? I want to see if I can use those pads with other headphones. Thank you!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 112/20/11 at 8:50amThread Starterpost #3 of 112/20/11 at 9:30ampost #4 of 112/25/11 at 8:48pm
I don't think you can use them with other headphones. the xb700 come attached to a type of ring that holds the pleather together around the soft (foam?) material. they probably are the same in the xb500 and the new xb1000.post #5 of 112/25/11 at 9:05pmThread Starterpost #6 of 112/25/11 at 11:18pm
You can still use the pads if you do something like rubber cement, and the cup housing of the target headphone is accepting (i.e. a flat surface). They work pretty well on my Darthpants (Thunderpants-alike) when you glue on the pads.post #7 of 112/27/11 at 2:19pmpost #8 of 112/27/11 at 3:33pmThread Starterpost #9 of 112/27/11 at 3:43pmpost #10 of 112/25/12 at 5:19am
I know this is sort of a thread recussitation, however, I had the XB500 & XB700, and disassembled the pads on the 500/removed the ring... the whole urethane foam cover and memory foam interior foam circle falls apart. I wouldn't reccomend removing the plastic mount ring, as it keeps the urethane foam cover pinched into its pillowey configuration over the foam. There's really no good way to reassemble it (and I have doubts it would ever look factory fresh again afterwards), from my experiences with it.
- Picture request. Sony MDR-XB500 & MDR-XB700 ear pads only
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with modded FW intl ver 2 (Latest... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Anyone knows what headphone this is... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11 - Aus Only 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)