- 1,594 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: City by the bay
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/22/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/22/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 2/22/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 2/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Need help finding over ear headphones please! Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Good over ear headphones for under $200. What's the best? Last post on 1/27/13 at 9:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass Headphones Help! (About $150 budget) Last post on 6/1/14 at 9:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed-back full-sized over ear headphones, ideal for listening to reggae and accoustic Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap Bass-Heavy, Comfortable Headphones Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
A big thanks to Drew and every one at Moon Audio, they handled the sale of this new unit to me and...
Brainwavz S0 Full Disclosure: Brainwavz supplied the S0 for this review It seems Brainwavz has been cranking out the new releases in their IEM line up of late. This time they’ve entered the...
TL;DR Review of the AKG Q701’s Accentuated Mids: Enhances most female vocals, also forwards vocals, “livens” synthesizers in electronic music. Can cause vocals to sound uneven due to the 2khz...
Picture request. Sony MDR-XB500 & MDR-XB700 ear pads onlypost #1 of 112/19/11 at 4:25pmThread StarterCan someone please post a few pictures of the XB500 & XB700 ear pads, front, side and back? I want to see if I can use those pads with other headphones. Thank you!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 112/20/11 at 8:50amThread Starterpost #3 of 112/20/11 at 9:30ampost #4 of 112/25/11 at 8:48pm
I don't think you can use them with other headphones. the xb700 come attached to a type of ring that holds the pleather together around the soft (foam?) material. they probably are the same in the xb500 and the new xb1000.post #5 of 112/25/11 at 9:05pmThread Starterpost #6 of 112/25/11 at 11:18pm
You can still use the pads if you do something like rubber cement, and the cup housing of the target headphone is accepting (i.e. a flat surface). They work pretty well on my Darthpants (Thunderpants-alike) when you glue on the pads.post #7 of 112/27/11 at 2:19pmpost #8 of 112/27/11 at 3:33pmThread Starterpost #9 of 112/27/11 at 3:43pmpost #10 of 112/25/12 at 5:19am
I know this is sort of a thread recussitation, however, I had the XB500 & XB700, and disassembled the pads on the 500/removed the ring... the whole urethane foam cover and memory foam interior foam circle falls apart. I wouldn't reccomend removing the plastic mount ring, as it keeps the urethane foam cover pinched into its pillowey configuration over the foam. There's really no good way to reassemble it (and I have doubts it would ever look factory fresh again afterwards), from my experiences with it.
- Picture request. Sony MDR-XB500 & MDR-XB700 ear pads only
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 9 seconds ago
- › SennGrado Appreciation Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 minute ago
- › Official NYC Metro Area "Headphonatics Anonymous" Fall Meet -... 1 minute ago
- › Console soundcard? 2 minutes ago
- › The Everything MOD Gallery! 2 minutes ago
- › Open-ear headphone with nice, crisp bass? 3 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 3 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 4 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)