- 1,594 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: City by the bay
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/22/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/22/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 2/22/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 2/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Need help finding over ear headphones please! Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Good over ear headphones for under $200. What's the best? Last post on 1/27/13 at 9:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass Headphones Help! (About $150 budget) Last post on 6/1/14 at 9:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed-back full-sized over ear headphones, ideal for listening to reggae and accoustic Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap Bass-Heavy, Comfortable Headphones Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
As an amateur hi-fi enthusiast I'm certainly no head-fi expert, but that won't stop me from saying that the Shure SRH840 professional monitoring headphones are a sweet sounding set of cans. I...
If you’re in the market for audiophile-grade headphones, you’ve probably heard of Germany’s professional audio electronics manufacturer Beyerdynamic. In the business of handcrafting premium...
First, I’d like to thank Audrey and the folks at Brainwavz for providing me a sample of the S0 for review. This is only the second Brainwavz earphone I’ve had the pleasure to audition, the...
Introduction So here's my contribution to the growing collection of reviews on Rock Jaw's Alfa Genus. For those of you interested in purchasing a pair, hopefully this is a useful addition; for...
OK, before I get into my review of the MDR-Z7 I feel a need to give some background and history of my time on head-fi. It might help make sense of my love of this headphone and why at the same...
Picture request. Sony MDR-XB500 & MDR-XB700 ear pads onlypost #1 of 112/19/11 at 4:25pmThread StarterCan someone please post a few pictures of the XB500 & XB700 ear pads, front, side and back? I want to see if I can use those pads with other headphones. Thank you!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 112/20/11 at 8:50amThread Starterpost #3 of 112/20/11 at 9:30ampost #4 of 112/25/11 at 8:48pm
I don't think you can use them with other headphones. the xb700 come attached to a type of ring that holds the pleather together around the soft (foam?) material. they probably are the same in the xb500 and the new xb1000.post #5 of 112/25/11 at 9:05pmThread Starterpost #6 of 112/25/11 at 11:18pm
You can still use the pads if you do something like rubber cement, and the cup housing of the target headphone is accepting (i.e. a flat surface). They work pretty well on my Darthpants (Thunderpants-alike) when you glue on the pads.post #7 of 112/27/11 at 2:19pmpost #8 of 112/27/11 at 3:33pmThread Starterpost #9 of 112/27/11 at 3:43pmpost #10 of 112/25/12 at 5:19am
I know this is sort of a thread recussitation, however, I had the XB500 & XB700, and disassembled the pads on the 500/removed the ring... the whole urethane foam cover and memory foam interior foam circle falls apart. I wouldn't reccomend removing the plastic mount ring, as it keeps the urethane foam cover pinched into its pillowey configuration over the foam. There's really no good way to reassemble it (and I have doubts it would ever look factory fresh again afterwards), from my experiences with it.
- Picture request. Sony MDR-XB500 & MDR-XB700 ear pads only
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 3 seconds ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 19 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 28 seconds ago
- › EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread 45 seconds ago
- › Tralucent 1Plus2 2.0 w/ gold+silver cable 58 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1 firmware version 1.10 download and discussion thread 59 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › Giveaway: Sennheiser HD700 and Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies DAC/amp 1 minute ago
- › Westone UM3X Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by twister6
- › Meridian Explorer by dnun8086
- › Audio Technica ATH-WS55i Portable Headphones with Microphone for... by oThatsEric
- › Advices for catching the right home loan
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3